The full list of developments and changes between versions 0.3b and 0.4b.
Posted by Balthassar on Nov 18th, 2012
This is the full development log for changes that happened between the 0.3 beta and 0.4 beta, including changes leading up to the never-released version 0.3.1, dated and in chronological order.
- Added the UEF Albatross; T3 Torpedo Bomber.
- Added the Cybran Experimental shield thing.
- Added generic icons for experimentals that still lack final meshes.
- Created the LOD1 mesh, fixed the normals, buffs and icon for the UEF T2 Energy Storage.
- 8 T2 energy storages around a T3 power generator now double its output.
- Fixed the normals for the UEF T2 Mass Storage.
- Gave the UEF T2 Energy Storage a name. A name which is totally not a Powerthirst reference.
- Cybran T4 Shield changes:
- Gave it a temporary semi-custom mesh and icon.
- Renamed it to the Iron Curtain, from Erectile Dysfunction 6.
- Fixed the lifebar and selection size and position.
- Added rebuild bonus for remaking.
- Updated the script for the new mesh.
- Added the unit to the string tables for localisation.
- Updated icons in the SCD file.
- Iron Curtain changes:
- Created a LOD1 mesh
- Increased the length of time it takes to reactivate
- Reduced its regen rate.
- Moved the AINames strings from sorianlangs.lua to the individual units.
- Updated the version name in the mod_info.lua.
- Improved Sorian AI support.
- Fixed the LOC string link which was making the Night Skimmer appear as being called 'Heavy Air Transport'.
- Changed the mesh and normal map for the Iron Curtain for better ingame smoothing.
- Changed the normal map of the Zenith for better smoothing.
- Updated the required UID for the Icon Support mod; they had made it to version 5 without me noticing.
- Increased the rate of fire of the Scathis Mk II which it can only achieve with power-plant bonus.
- Bluebird corrected the German string tables.
- Re-added the Iron Curtain to the German string tables.
- Fixed and changed the mesh, icon, textures, script and blueprint of the Cybran T2 Field Engineer.
- Added strategic icons for counter intel aircraft.
- Added Vanguard, the UEF T3 Decoy plane.
- Removed the Wilson from the aircraft factory build lists.
- Changed the build sorting for the Solace, Albatross and Zenith.
- Added the Albatross and the uncreated seraphim equivalent to the string tables.
- Changed the normal map of the Cybran Field engy.
- Added a temp texture and icon for the Albatross.
- Partially textured the Albatross properly.
- Fixed the AA guns of the Albatross.
- Fixed the script of the Seraphim T3 transport which was causing its weapons, and probably other things, to not work.
- Changed the UV map of the Albatross.
- Further texture changes for the Albatross.
- Removed unnecessary categories from the Vanguard.
- Created the category PRODUCTBREWLAN, for external referencing.
- Changed the threat level of the Decoy planes to be 1000x that of Spy planes.
- Fixed the counter-intel fighter strategic icons, which had horrible artifacts on some states.
- Fixed the Wilson not appearing in any build menus after the last 'fix' which I never checked properly after changing.
- Fixed the Cybran T1 land factory being able to build the Megalith somehow after the last fix which never got individually uploaded.
- Changed the particle effects from the Pigeons main weapon.
- Started creating and implementing the Aeon T2 Bomber.
- Did more work on the mesh, texture, and stats of the Aeon T2 Tactical Bomber, now called the Impaler, and added it to the string tables.
2 years of mostly silence
- Added the UEF Mobile Satellite Uplink at about this date. (Changelog note added 2012-09-16 from file creation dates)
- Added the UEF Mobile Strategic Defence at about this date. (Changelog note added 2012-09-16 from file creation dates)
- Added a strategic icon for T3 antimissile vehicle.
- Added a strategic icon for T1 Anti naval fighter aircraft.
- Modified the mesh and textures of the Aeon T2 Bomber to finish the appearance of its rear end.
- Added the UEF T1 torpedo bomber.
- Made all torpedo bombers able to land on water. Funny story; it was the 'TRANSPORTATION' category all along.
- Added the UEF T1 Air staging platform.
- Finished the UEF T1 Air staging platform.
- Allowed the Aeon T2 shield to upgrade into the T3.
- Updated 'Unit Statuses.txt' somewhat.
- Added localisation string for the Aeon T4 Artillery description.
- Updated entries in German string table. Translations still pending.
- Added French localisation; the names and nicknames are probably fine(ish) but the description text is probably terrible French.
- Fixed the Abyssal Persecutors occasional walk animation speed bugs.
- Flailed around blindly with the UEF T2 energy storage.
- Minor changes to the UEF T1 shield gen for allowing it to upgrade.
- Disabled the UEF T1 shield from upgrading on land.
- Added the UEF T3 Naval shield, only available as an upgrade from the UEF T1 light shield (which is aquatic).
- Added some ghetto German and French string tables for the UEF T3 Naval shield.
- Increased the max-health of the Scathis Mk II, to 17500 from 8750.
- Shield generator changes:
- Fixed the adjacency bonuses of the T1 Aeon & UEF shields, and the UEF T3 Naval shield.
- Corrected the abilities list of the Iron Curtain.
- Cybran shield balancing:
- Bumped the ED2 down to T1 and removed it from T2 build lists.
- Added the ED3 to T2 build lists.
- Increased the max health of the Iron Curtain to 6950 from 4250.
- It now takes 3 hits from any T3 bomber directly to destroy it, instead of 1-2 (race dependant).
- Removed the unlisted radar and sonar from the Iron Curtain.
- T1 UEF Shield gen balancing:
- Increased the build rate (for upgrading) from 7.5 to 10.
- Increased the power outage regen time to 5 sec from 3.
- Increased the damage outage regen time to 10 sec from 7.25.
- Increased regen rate to 110 from 80.
- Increased shield size to 14 from 13.
- Aeon T1 shield balancing:
- Increased regen to 120 from 69.
- Increased recharge time to 10 from 8.
- Increased shield strength to 6700 from 5500.
- Increased size to 11 from 10.
- Lowered build costs to 240m 2400e 240t from identical to the T2's.
- Part two of shield generator changes:
- Seraphim T1 shield balancing.
- Increased health to 250 from 200.
- Increased shield strength to 8000 from 6500.
- Increased shield size to 17 from 16.
- Increased regen rate to 139 from 75.
- Increased recharge time to 12 from 10.
- Increased mass/energy/build time to 400/4000/400 from 350/3500/350.
- Cybran Iron Curtain changes.
- Halved mass/energy/time/maintenance costs to 1200/200000e/8000/2500eps.
- Halved the regen assist mult and energy drain regen values back to their original 60 and 5, like all other shields.
- Lowered shield rebuild time to 1:30 from 3:40.
- More random flailing at the T2 Energy storage scaled explosions. Srsly, fuck them.
- Partially completed a new model for the Aeon T3 Transport. It came out bigger than expected.
- Rebalanced stats of the Aeon T3 Transport to accommodate for its new size. I almost made it an experimental.
- Fixed the Hades' cannon not rotating while firing.
- Fixed the Hades' inverted normals.
- Allowed Cerberus to upgrade into Hades, then disallowed it. That shit was crazy OP.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport shield active animations and effects, although the particles are out of align, the shutter doors don't open yet, and it still has no weapons.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport weapons (AA only), fixed the particle effects, and made the shutters hide on built.
- Fixed the Aeon T3 Transport's rings and ball not starting up again on shield reset.
- Increased the build time of the Aeon T3 Transport.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport a pretty death.
- Reclassified the Abyssal Persecutor as 'Experimental Battleship' instead of 'Experimental Dreadnaught'.
- Fixed, and gave a slightly more unique appearance to, the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- Assigned my damage test unit a mesh. Because that's important enough for the changelog.
- Cleaned up some un-needed files.
- Fixed the death animation link for the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- Corrected the Solaris' name on the French and German string tables.
- Added build descriptions for the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- German description is the same as the Hades.
- French description is probably terrible French.
- Updated Unit Statuses.txt.
- Moved the code that hides the Scathis and Novax Center to Blueprints.Lua.
- Hid the UEF T4 PD from the build menus.
- Changed the Cybran and UEF T3 Gunship AA damage values to double their original values. (That's 12 and 6 damage per shot :O)
- Removed all the extra spaces from the French LOC, and capitalised some letters.
- Moved the code that gives Sparky the extra build cat to Blueprints.lua.
- Added the Aeon T2 Defence Engineer.
- Added the Aeon T3 Naval shield, which can only be acquired by upgrading the T1 on water.
- Fixed the energy cost of the UEF T3 Naval shield, which was missing a digit.
- Removed the rebuild bonuses from the UEF T3 Naval shield. You cant build it directly.
- Added the UEF Experimental Factory.
- Temporarily disabled the UEF T4 Factory from building aircraft.
- Temporarily disabled the UEF T4 Factory from building experimental naval units.
- The Atlantis gets stuck attached to it for some reason.
- Failed attempt at making the T4 factory accept experimental units properly.
- Added headers to the language string tables with cheesy ascii art.
- Minor change to the Sorian ai units table. It needs a proper update still.
- Removed the Restorer changes for breaking FAF balancing.
- Moved 1k health from the Harbingers shields to its health.
- UEF Experimental Factory changes:
- Halved build time.
- It is now quicker to build than the Fatboy, instead of slower.
- Increased build rate from 180 to 240.
- Its now faster than the Fatboy instead of the same speed.
- Gave it the name 'Gantry'.
- Increased the selection width.
- Fixed a number of errors in the foreign string tables.
- Added the Aeon T3 naval shield, T2 defence engineer and the Gantry to the string tables.
- UEF Gantry changes:
- Gave build animations.
- Fixed unit rolloff.
- Made Air units build-able again.
- Created a toggle button for between building land/sea and air.
- Gave the toggle button custom tooltips and added tooltips to the localisation string tables.
- Gave the button a custom appearance.
- Moved the Fatboy to be build-able only by the Gantry, for technical reasons.
- Added a fake Fatboy for engineers to build.
- It has all the stats important during building of the real Fatboy.
- When it finishes building it gets replaced by the real one.
- I'll do the same for the Atlantis when I make a script to make it automatically dive, or otherwise not get stuck.
- Made the engineer built Fatboy pass its health to the real one on completion, so it doesn't appear to regain all its health.
- Disabled torpedo bombers ability to land on water which was causing them to not retaliate automatically against submarines attacking them.
- Added rebuild bonus for the Gantry on the corpse of another.
- Removed the scripts I that made the Cybran bomber and fighter auto activate stealth for interfering with FAF.
- Added tooltips for the decoy planes ability to change their speed.
- Made a start on the script to change the speed of the Aeon Decoy plane.
- Fixed the string tables for the decoy plane tooltips.
- Removed the Aster (UEF mobile anti-nuke) from build menus.
- It fires missiles it doesn't have, and goes into negative numbers. Forever.
- Changes Archimedes to be listed as indirect fire.
- Changed stats of the Archimedes to be similar to the Seraphim sniper bot on slow.
- Gave the Beguiler (Aeon Decoy Plane) a mesh and icon.
- Removed the other two uncompleted decoy planes from the build menus.
- Increased the energy cost of the BrewLAN T3 air units to match that of the others.
- Fixed the Aeon T2 defence engineer being build-able by all aeon factories.
- Removed the Archimedes, AC-500 Centurion, and Abyssal Persecutor from build menus.
- Fixed the Gantry to be able to build Sparky. For reals this time.
- Changed the icon of the Pigeon. Still not happy with it; its at the wrong angle.
- Archimedes changes:
- Fixed the strategic icon.
- It now has the same as the mobile artillery.
- Added a (lazy) custom mesh for the Archimedes.
- Set it to do a little under 5K damage per shot.
- Set its rate of fire to once every 30 seconds.
- Gave it an icon.
- Re-added it to the build menus.
- Re-arranged the build icon sort priorities for T3 land units.
- Lowered the damage of the Aeon T2 bomber from 1925 to 1125.