By Athos Adds the bombing run game mode to Unreal Tournament. As the name suggests, a ball is introduced into this game mode. Your goal is to bring the ball into the base of the opposing team and score by either running with the ball or throwing it into their 'bomb-base'. Some major bug fixes are still required.
Bombing Run is a game type that is pretty similar to soccer. You have 2 goals and 1 ball, the teams have to score in the opponents goal to earn a point. The current version 1.5 released by Athos has a lot of bugs in it and is mainly designed for SLV. Athos released his source code for BR so any coder who wants to improve/fix this mod, please go ahead. Most likely it will need to be re-coded entirely from scratch in order to fix the problems. So anyone who can/wants to code this, go ahead (and tell me, I'm interested).
- no bot support
- sometimes you see an impact hammer/blackness in front of you. You can fix this by switching weapons.
- sometimes the ball doesn't get shot away when you fire
- some people reported lag while having the ball (timing issues)
- while the switching weapons animation is playing, you can't pickup the ball
- when a player has the ball and then disconnects, the ball will stay at the place where the player was
- ball has no physics
- enable 4 teams if desired
- better scoreboard (more like smartctf with countryflags/portraits/ping )
- a ball weapon?
- nice effects on the ball like in UT2k4
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.