BOD loader o.5a in zip version
BODLoader v 0.5a - by Masklin Feb-2002
Translation by BirdMadBoy and Josh Dahlby
BODLoader is a mod manager for Blade of Darkness. It is capable of downloading, installing, and uninstalling various mods and maps that are created.
The main features are:
- Minimum Blade source code changes. It just adds one line to the
bottom of Menu.py.
- Integrated into Blade's interface.
- Allows to install/uninstall compatible mods
- Allows to activate/deactivate compatible mods.
- Every mod can add its own Mods menu.
- Easy adaptation of already developed mods to make them
compatible with BODLoader.
- Support for customized maps.
- Support for multilanguage.
- Supports downloading mods and maps from internet
Things left todo:
- Support for definable keys.
- Compatibility tests for installed mods: functions and scripts.
This distribution does not include example mods. All the
available mods and maps can be downloaded easily from the
BODLoader 'DOWNLOAD' menu.
If you have not installed BODLoader before, but have installed other mods, it is recommended that you uninstall those mods prior to the installation of BODLoader. If you are unsure how to install those mods, you may want to reinstall Blade in order to ensure that you have a clean install.
If you had installed BODLoader 0.1 or 0.2, please remove the BLData.py file from the BODLoader directory before proceeding.
1. Extract BODLoader.zip file to the blade installation directory.
The default directory is C:\Codemasters\Blade of Darkness.
Make sure to use folder names when unzipping.
(In WinZip, check the 'Use folder names' checkbox in the Extract dialog.)
2. The above step will create a BODLoader directory under the Blade directory. Execute install.bat from the BODLoader
(e.g. c:\Codemasters\Blade of Darkness\BODLoader\install.bat)
3. Now, start Blade. You should see a 'MODS' menu in the main menu. That means it successfully installed.
The Mods menu has the following options:
- Installed Mods: Shows a list of all mods installed with
BODLoader. If the mod is enabled, the symbols '<' and '>' appear around the mod name. If the mod has a custom menu you can access it by pressing ENTER when the mod name is highlighted.
- Setup: This menu allows you to install mods that exist in the BODLoader\Mods directory. You should see a mod name with the '<' and '>' symbols around it. When the name is highlighted, you can press the right and left arrows on your keyboard to switch between mods. When a mod you are interested in is selected, you have the following options:
- Install: Select this menu item to install the mod.
- Uninstall: If the mod is installed, you can uninstall it by selecting this menu item.
- Disable: This menu item can be used to disable the mod, but it doesn't install it.
- Enable: If the mod is previously disabled, you can reenable it by selecting this item.
- Options: If the mod has a custom menu, you can reach it by selecting this menu. This is the same as selecting the mod name from the 'Installed Mods' menu, mentioned above.
- Load Custom Map: This menu allows you to install maps that exist in the BODLoader\Maps directory. You should see a map name with the '<' and '>' symbols around it. When the name is highlighted, you can press the right and left arrows on your keyboard to switch between maps. When a map you are interested in is selected, you have the following options:
- Install: Select this menu item to install the map.
- Uninstall: If the map is installed, you can uninstall it by selecting this menu item.
- Start: This map allows you to start the map in single player mode.
- Downloads: There is no server available right now this feature isn't working.
We're sorry, but no images, videos or audio files have been added to this gallery.
If you would like to share media with the community, sign up and you can.