It's official: BladeIN/DM/CTF for Land of the Dead V1.2
BladeIN is a replacement / enhancement for the original INvasion gametype that shipped with Land of the Dead. Also implemented in the package, are replacements for DM and CTF game types as well.
BladeIN/DM/CTF make no changes to the original game-play, and only offer bug fixes, and additional features that do not affect the original game play.It is a highly recommended add-on for everyone who plays Land of the Dead, wether they host servers, play on others, or just play in single player mode.Version 1.2 released 10/14/08.
Here is the near-final changelog for v1.2:New In Version 1.2
* Added two additional wave-end sounds from the original game that were not used
* Added use of the three "Last Man" sounds from the original game that were not used
* Character Select Menu: Now uses the "MenuName" property to display a readable name for a character
* Added RoundTimeLimit to INI file, to replace the original game's TimeLimit that did not function
* Added bAllowTelefrags to INI file, set False to disallow telefrags (workaround for original game bug where people could telefrag at will if they knew how)
* Molotov fires no longer spam the server log
* Molotov fires give kill credit to the person that created them, if they haven't died since the fire was created
* Admin command for Invasion: newwave - starts a new invasion wave, right now
* Add login URL parameter ?Password=xxxx to allow automatic Admin Login, and bypass full server issues
* Add login URL parameter ?SpectatorOnly to allow someone to join only as a spectator, they cannot spawn.
Fixed In Version 1.2
* Removed package-name-specific dependencies in Menus
* Character Select Menu: Now opens for NM_Client and NM_Listen, rather than just network clients
* Character Select Menu: Should never show "None" as an option
* Character Select Menu: Skins use their texture name instead of "Skin 1" and "Clothes 1", and such.
* Character Select Menu: Removed Back button
* Character Select Menu: I swear, there should be absolutely NO WAY to skip this menu. Period.
* Character Select Menu: Should work in single player mode as well
* Character Select Menu: Will work even if server is in "PlayersOnly" mode when you connect.
* For game types that could potentially have player zombies, ignores players in control of zombies when tallying player counts for end of game
* Player Command: "switchteam" no longer available for Invasion game type (or any other gametype that has GRI.bAllowedToSwitchTeams = False)
* If you manage to "throwweapon" your last weapon, you should now be able to pick up things (fix bug from original game)
* Player Spawning should work in both Standalone and Listen modes
* bDontEndLevel=False no longer fails under some conditions
* Replaced the "Connection Failed" menu with a new one that doesn't log constantly, and should significantly increase apparent speed of file downloads
SWAT player character, using the existing SWAT zombie model, and a modified skin, so players don't look quite so undead. Skin by Knife In Face.
Police officer using the original Cop zombie mesh, with a skin modified by "Knife-In-Face". Features three somewhat different sets of clothes.
Place this in your Land of the Dead\ANIMATIONS folder, so that you can use the other character packs.