BladeIN is a replacement / enhancement for the original INvasion gametype that shipped with Land of the Dead. Also implemented in the package, are replacements for DM and CTF game types as well.
BladeIN/DM/CTF make no changes to the original game-play, and only offer bug fixes, and additional features that do not affect the original game play.It is a highly recommended add-on for everyone who plays Land of the Dead, wether they host servers, play on others, or just play in single player mode.Version 1.2 released 10/14/08.
Here is the near-final changelog for v1.2:New In Version 1.2
* Added two additional wave-end sounds from the original game that were not used
* Added use of the three "Last Man" sounds from the original game that were not used
* Character Select Menu: Now uses the "MenuName" property to display a readable name for a character
* Added RoundTimeLimit to INI file, to replace the original game's TimeLimit that did not function
* Added bAllowTelefrags to INI file, set False to disallow telefrags (workaround for original game bug where people could telefrag at will if they knew how)
* Molotov fires no longer spam the server log
* Molotov fires give kill credit to the person that created them, if they haven't died since the fire was created
* Admin command for Invasion: newwave - starts a new invasion wave, right now
* Add login URL parameter ?Password=xxxx to allow automatic Admin Login, and bypass full server issues
* Add login URL parameter ?SpectatorOnly to allow someone to join only as a spectator, they cannot spawn.
Fixed In Version 1.2
* Removed package-name-specific dependencies in Menus
* Character Select Menu: Now opens for NM_Client and NM_Listen, rather than just network clients
* Character Select Menu: Should never show "None" as an option
* Character Select Menu: Skins use their texture name instead of "Skin 1" and "Clothes 1", and such.
* Character Select Menu: Removed Back button
* Character Select Menu: I swear, there should be absolutely NO WAY to skip this menu. Period.
* Character Select Menu: Should work in single player mode as well
* Character Select Menu: Will work even if server is in "PlayersOnly" mode when you connect.
* For game types that could potentially have player zombies, ignores players in control of zombies when tallying player counts for end of game
* Player Command: "switchteam" no longer available for Invasion game type (or any other gametype that has GRI.bAllowedToSwitchTeams = False)
* If you manage to "throwweapon" your last weapon, you should now be able to pick up things (fix bug from original game)
* Player Spawning should work in both Standalone and Listen modes
* bDontEndLevel=False no longer fails under some conditions
* Replaced the "Connection Failed" menu with a new one that doesn't log constantly, and should significantly increase apparent speed of file downloads
If no problems are found with these files, they will be considered Final Releases. As the first two character packs are based on existing models in the...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
SWAT player character, using the existing SWAT zombie model, and a modified skin, so players don't look quite so undead. Skin by Knife In Face.
Police officer using the original Cop zombie mesh, with a skin modified by "Knife-In-Face". Features three somewhat different sets of clothes.
Place this in your Land of the Dead\ANIMATIONS folder, so that you can use the other character packs.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.