This is the first public beta for Battlefleet Gothic. The intention was for a first, full release, but studies and work got in the way. Rather than continue...
The year is 139.M41. A telepathic plea has been heard from Arx Station, all of the stations inhabitants have been slain in particularly gruesome ways. Over the next few months this proved to be only the start in a series of incidents across the sector. It was only when a number of vessels, including an Emperor Class Battleship, were found with all hands lost and filled with decay did the Imperium begin to take notice.
By then it was too late and a large contingent of Death Guard, including the vessel Plagueclaw, took the planet Morganghast. Imperial Fleets were put on high alert, but they were still unprepared for the increase in Warp activity across the sector. Fleets were cut off, communications lost. Doomsday cults erupted all over the sector, lynch mobs roamed many Hive Worlds and secret cults infiltrated many planets.
It was only when the Chaos forces began to take two artifacts did the Imperium begin to seriously worry. On the planets of Purgatory and Ornsworld, two ancient artifacts were taken for an unknown purpose.
It was then than the entire of the Gothic Sector was cut off. And all around, the warfleets of Abbadon the Despoiler emerged from the Warp, for the 12th Black Crusade. Humanity's greatest threat had come to the Gothic Sector and it was to face it alone.
Races of the Gothic Wars:
The Imperial Navy: The war-fleets of the Imperium of Man. The largest naval force in the known universe, outfitted with ships centuries old and highly trained crews, ready to face any threat.
Chaos Warfleets: The vessels and warbands of Abbadon the Despoiler. The Chaos fleets that invaded the Gothic Sector were not just Legions but traitor vessels from previous conflicts, recent turncoats, all sorts of traitors and vagabonds accompanied Abbadon on his great invasion. Legend says that some Daemon Primarchs followed suit.
The current release is a BETA RELEASE; we were sick of delaying the mod's public release so we have given you what we currently have. Regular patches are to be expected!
Extract into your Dawn of War: Dark Crusade folder.
Thanks to all the others who have assisted over the years.
BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC PATCH NOTES v. 0.8
This version still is in its BETA stages so there is still plenty to come, yet this is the most complete version yet.
CHANGES FROM 0.7
- UI overhaul
- Frontend Menu changed (still needs frontend models for each race)
- All unit, structure, research and ability icons completed for the Imperial Navy.
- Vast majority of icons completed for the Chaos Armada.
- AI (courtesy of Thudmeizer and his team) for both races.
- Mini maps and loading screens for all maps.
- Removed all placeholders within the Imperial Navy
- All placeholders replaced in the Chaos Armada, EXCEPT the structures and the following units: Conqueror, Leviathan, Longinus and Terminus Est.
- Ramming still produces the same FX and effects as the Stampede ability
- Chaos Iconoclast Destroyer is far smaller than it should be.
- Gothic Class Cruiser produces a pink box rather than a model.
- Unfinished Chaos Structures
- FX is all over the place.
- Multiple UCS errors.
- New models for the Chaos Structures
- New models for the Conqueror, Leviathan, Longinus and Terminus Est.
- Icons for the Chaos Structures and the Relic Units.
- Refined Torpedo Codes
- All animations.
- New environment models (space stations, derelicts, etc)
- Two new maps: 6p Port Maw and 8p Into the Eye
- The Eldar.
- Balance Changes
- The Orks
- Four playable Races
- Frontend menu overview.
- Custom voices and sounds.
Highest Rated (3 agree) 10/10
Big accomplishment! possible most awaited mod in the history of DoW.
Nov 19 2012, 1:57am by Cucaracha
Lowest Rated (5 agree) 1/10
Bad Graphics. Took ages to be "somewhat complete" AI broken. Only Miltiplayer, "several" missed release dates. Broken downloads. Unclear instructions... this mod features all things a mod should "not" have / be.
Nov 20 2012, 6:00am by Vanquisher
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.