The Battle Grounds 2(BG2) is a Half-Life 2 multiplayer modification based on the revolutionary war. It is the sequel to the popular HL1 mod with even more features and possibilities. The British Army and its Native American tribal allies engage in battle against the United States Continental Army and local militia forces. Interactivity is a very important factor in this mod and team play is as important as ever before. Take aim and fire muskets, prepare bayonets and take control of the battlefield to succeed in your campaign for final victory. Combat will vary from long-range rifle marksmanship to brutal close quarters hand-to-hand melee fighting. You will need a mix of first person combat skills and quick-thinking strategy to survive. So prepare yourself to do battle for your side and to meet the enemy head-on. Only one side can be victorious.
Important Note: For Windows Server only! We are proud to announce that today we are releasing a small server-side only patch for 2.0 addressing some of the issues reported by the community and found by developers and community during intense sessions of 2.0 gameplay. The patch includes the fixed version of bg_assault (see post below) and many other small changes. Only servers owners need to install this patch. Server admins please note a fixed mapcycle.txt using bg_assault_r2 (fixed version) instead of the normal assault is included, be aware of this if you put it on your server. To install, shut down your server, extract the contents of the server patch .zip file and restart your server. The Game version in the Server Browser is changed to 2.0 SP1 indicating a server has been updated.
2.0 SP1 5/8/2010
Fixed baoynets not being able to hit heads during the retrace period.
Fixed fowler having worse accuracy when crouched compared to standing.
Fixed longpattern without bayonet having worse accuracy than normal longpattern.
Reduced pistol constant damage range to 8 yards (from 15).
Roughly halved the number of shots fired when loading buckshot, and increased the total damage by about 10% for both fowler and carbine.
Flattened stamina regeneration curve. The rates are now 11.7 – 23.3 per second based on health instead of 6.3 – 23.3.
Tweaked stamina drains:
- reduced rifle and musket stamina drains to 35 (from 45)
- reduced pistol stamina drain to 25 (from 45)
- fixed jumping stamina drain at 40 (from 30-40)
- reduced ducking stamina drain to 25 (from 30)
Made the bots useful:
- they will attempt to capture nearby flags
- they will attack nearby enemies
- they will only fire their weapon/perform melee attacks if their enemy is close enough
- they won’t move away from the flag if close enough, even if an enemy is in sight
- they will only reload if no enemies are in sight or if the current weapon lacks a melee attack
- they will wander randomly if they have no decent target (flag or enemy)
- they can fullcap bg_ambush
Fixed bg_assault crashing when the British successfully defend. Map name changed to bg_assault_r2.