Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Discussion #2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Coding : Discussion #2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Aug 19 2007, 3:54pm Anchor

i put in the dot at the end and then i put the number zero but i want it to g oup when i move like what happens in the original speedometer

Aug 19 2007, 3:55pm Anchor

reinstall. You're only suppose to add a dot. Not delete the old info.

Aug 19 2007, 3:59pm Anchor

i didnt look after the original speedometer i put that dot, and then i added the number zero, now i wanna know how i can make the number zero at the end of the dot go up like the speedometer

Aug 19 2007, 4:06pm Anchor

wait...........give me an example of what you want.

Aug 19 2007, 4:13pm Anchor

I think he wants the decimal to go up as well. Like 87.1, 87.2 etc.

Is that even possible?

Edited by: ChaosSorcerer91

Aug 19 2007, 4:21pm Anchor

not the way it's set up.

Aug 19 2007, 7:09pm Anchor

that is what i want and how dose it need to be set up?

Aug 19 2007, 7:20pm Anchor

there is no way to set it up without adding more coding, and no beginner can hope to do it. Needs more advanced coders to do that. And no, i'm not doing it, it was never in the movies.

Aug 19 2007, 7:24pm Anchor

it was on the remote control

Aug 19 2007, 7:32pm Anchor

just the remote control. Still not going to add it, mainly the accuracy of the code, like the fact that the time machine does not travel the instant it hits 88, but a little bit above it, so you can see 88 before time traveling instead of 87.

Aug 19 2007, 7:34pm Anchor

oh ok then

Aug 19 2007, 7:41pm Anchor

i tried to do it with the ~(some #)~ but when i drove it only said -1

Aug 19 2007, 7:46pm Anchor

yeah, because the speed is an integer number, not decimal.

Aug 19 2007, 7:56pm Anchor

meh oh well

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.