Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Discussion #2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Coding : Discussion #2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Jul 5 2007, 9:37pm Anchor

it's called...the train time machine. And, that was the original plan, until I remembered the train. And I figured, what the hell, might as well do it for the d's as well.

Jul 5 2007, 9:41pm Anchor

cool, thanks del.

Jul 5 2007, 9:44pm Anchor

so far, I managed to localize the time travel sequence and refueling of the deloreans so there can be multiple instances. Still gotta sort the time circuits, and actually having multiple time machines, as well as fixing a bug with the lybians and the fuel bug for the train.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 5 2007, 11:14pm Anchor

Ok, I got two deloreans reentering at roughly the same time. One comes in first, then the other. Still got lots of bugs to fix on this new feature. RC is broken, so I had to use a trainer to make one delorean go. I need to fix the venting so it does it on both deloreans and not one. And I need to fix the fuel stuff so it affects it's respective delorean, and not both. Then I need to fix the speed stuff so it doesn't do this weird bug of trying to time travel. Long way to go, but we're getting there.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 6 2007, 9:35pm Anchor

just out of curiosity, Is all of the time travel code written in just main.scm or is their more polaces it is written.

Jul 7 2007, 12:40am Anchor

just main.scm

Jul 7 2007, 3:57pm Anchor

thank you!

Jul 9 2007, 7:20pm Anchor

As cool as the lybian chase looks, is there any thought to maybe having the 46' ford chase tommy/marty, for whatever reason from, wherever, say maybe the gas station. after refueling, just a thought.

Jul 9 2007, 9:52pm Anchor

Ya Like Biff Chasing Marty in Part 2 when he "STOLE" Lorraine

Jul 9 2007, 9:53pm Anchor

something along those lines, yeah

Jul 10 2007, 3:04am Anchor

I think no, cause Biff got his wheels back (after the incident) in a few days, and how are you going to make him be dumped in manure everytime? He can't explode, like lybians. And so on.

Aug 3 2007, 6:28am Anchor

Where can i find the speedometer code? into the "main.scm" file?

Aug 3 2007, 7:07am Anchor

main.scm and american.gxt. If you want the dot, edit american.gxt. I will tell how in a bit.

Aug 3 2007, 7:13am Anchor

open up american.gxt with gxt editor(http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=566)
search for speed. Add a dot to the end of speed and speed1. Don't forget to hit apply to save the changes, then hit save to save the file.

Aug 3 2007, 7:17am Anchor

Thanks, delorean..now the speedometer looks great!

Aug 3 2007, 5:51pm Anchor

downloaded that gxt editor, and whenever i open up american.gxt it always comes up with this:

Run-time error '52': Bad File Name or Number

does anyone know how to get round this? many thanks

Aug 3 2007, 5:55pm Anchor

make sure the file name is correct. it uses the c:/something/something else/something.gxt format

Aug 3 2007, 5:59pm Anchor

ok thanks for your help

Aug 3 2007, 6:02pm Anchor

alright well it is the right format so i dont know why it's not working, but the dot on the speedometer will be in 2.d hopefully yeh? thanks anyway

Edited by: danlovesbttfmost

Aug 3 2007, 6:10pm Anchor

yep, it will.

Aug 3 2007, 6:15pm Anchor

cool, thanks

Aug 19 2007, 3:15pm Anchor
Delorean88us wrote:open up american.gxt with gxt editor(http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=566)
search for speed. Add a dot to the end of speed and speed1. Don't forget to hit apply to save the changes, then hit save to save the file.

i did that. i even put a zero in it but how do you make the numbers move like in the speedometer so that way it looks more real

Aug 19 2007, 3:18pm Anchor

real? Me is confused.

Aug 19 2007, 3:22pm Anchor

like make the numbers go up like in the speedometer

Edited by: hscitpe

Aug 19 2007, 3:43pm Anchor

you're only suppose to add a dot at the end, not delete the entire thing.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.