Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
Discussion #2 (Games : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City : Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Coding : Discussion #2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Jun 6 2007 Anchor

Because the last thread appeared to be like the first car discussion thread with blank pages.

How's this for a new feature for 0.2c. With the libyan vw van finished, I think it's time to test to see if human turrets work or not for that chase scene. Note, this will be a beta only feature unless tons of people want it for the full version.

Thinking of instead of having 6 places where plutonium can be found, I'm putting at one location where it can attract libyan attention and force them to chase you. As for invulnerabilities, I will be disabling them all except for collision. Should make it a bit more fun, because face it. Invincibility gets boring after a while. Trying to escape with your life should prove to be more fun. Still debating on whether to make the tires pop-proof or not. So, once I get K's models, I'll start working on it.

Also thinking of making 1990 into 2015, where you can make the bttf2 and 3 deloreans and giving an initial count of plutonium as 0, so that way, you have to get a delorean, make it into a bttf1 delorean, find the plutonium, escape the libyans and time travel, and go to 2015 for the mr. fusion deloreans.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

All of that sounds wonderful. I look forward to doing each and everyone of those things. I hope it is highly considered for 0.2c. Good thinking Del

Jun 6 2007 Anchor

New garage function: Repair, incase you take a bttf2 or 3 delorean to a 1985 garage.

Jun 11 2007 Anchor

Ok, coded most of the lybian stuff in. As of now, you get the plutonium at that garbage place in that lone building. The moment you step out, a Lybian Van will be there to ambush you, but no gunner yet. I'll look into that, but I suspect it'll be easy to do.

Jun 11 2007 Anchor

ok, finished coding the lybians chasing. Now to add a "chase" camera as well as a way to make them disappear after time travelling. Maybe cause them to explode if they crash into something.

Jun 12 2007 Anchor

Man, you just keep adding and adding so much new stuff every day. At this rate 0.2C is going to be one hell of an update. And its good to have a practical reason to time travel between years now, instead of it just doing it for the hell of it.

Jun 13 2007 Anchor

yeh you're right. at this rate i'm going to explode. the suspense...

Jun 14 2007 Anchor

Ok, got the lybian coded in. Now I need to make some handling changes so that the chases are more exciting. Right now, it's boring since the lybians like to tip over and they're not as fast as I'd like them to be. Expect Video soon

Jun 15 2007 Anchor

Delorean, I know changing the font color on the hud has been disscused, but for the life of me I can't find where that was. whatever, anyways, Is it possible to make it all one color? pink would be my first choice. The reason I ask is I figured out a way to change the color, but for some reason it wants to keep it's original color as the base for the new color, causing the colors to be different shades.

this would be the original, of course. lol
User Posted Image
this is with red.
User Posted Image
this is with orange.
User Posted Image

as I'm sure you have noticed, wherever pink was used originaly the new color works just fine.
I'm just frustrated with it. and I'm sure you would like to see it, changed also.

Jun 16 2007 Anchor

I Think the Orange looks the best, because it goes with the display in the DeLorean.

Jun 17 2007 Anchor

What about doing Red for the Time, Orange for the Money and then 2 shades of Yellow for the Health/Armor? Kinda mimicking the color scheme of the BttF logo.

Jun 17 2007 Anchor

cause you cant. thats y

Jun 17 2007 Anchor

wow, ive been readin through alot of the forums..... .2c is gonna be one helluva update, wow! i think i might crap myself with excitement....ha not really jk

Jun 27 2007 Anchor

wondering...does anyone want more than one lybian van to chase you whenever you steal plutonium (Don't worry, there will still be one in that one sequence)

Jun 27 2007 Anchor

considering the ai, it would probably be better

Jun 27 2007 Anchor

True. They suck at driving and don't know how to use the brakes.

Jun 27 2007 Anchor

IF they weren't following the paths and Turning anywhere, then I would want that. But I agree with KITT, ai could be better.

edit: Did anybody understand what I wrote?

Jun 27 2007 Anchor

i understood that last part...not the first

Jun 29 2007 Anchor

i'd like more than one lybian van to chase me when i go get plutonium.

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

Work is underway allowing for multiple time machines. There will be a max of 5 time machines at any given time, 1 which will be reserved for the train. Why 5? I like the number.

Also, I removed some vc features to make room for future features, and have space for the time machines.

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

regarding the lybians' AI, i was wondering... what if you change the "z" center parameter in the handling file? i'm talking about the one that makes the car almost impossible to flip when you turn. wouldn't that help the AI a little? just a thought

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

we are aware of the basic laws of physics and the center of gravity of vehicles

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

yeah i figured so, but just in case you know

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

ok, there are a couple things. yes, that value does help it stay upright, but we also need traction on those tires, and no matter what, it seems to anchor the wheels in a turn and flip it over. Now, it does right itself up, but the way the Lybians drive.....it's almost impossible to have them NOT flip over.

Jul 5 2007 Anchor

oh alright i get it. thing is i haven't been playing it in a while and that was right off the top of my head.

also i think i missed a part somewhere, i thought you guys wanted only one time travelling delo in the game at any given time. where did 5 time machines come from?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.