Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Jul 6 2007, 4:58pm Anchor

yep, you can do that. Just not when there isn't anyone in the car.

Jul 7 2007, 12:33am Anchor

Ok, I got everything working except the windows. Some parts are see through. Delorean I know you said something about trying an alpha. How exactly do I do that?

Jul 7 2007, 7:07am Anchor

texture the window onto like one white texture, and make an alpha using gray to make it transparent.

Jul 7 2007, 3:27pm Anchor

Alright that alpha thing worked now all I have to do is refine the collision file and it'll be ready to go. Also for the hover conversion one do you want it to be like the BTTF 2 delorean or something along the lines of the police car, like this: Outatime.it

Jul 7 2007, 10:00pm Anchor

BTTF2. The police car looks like a 2015 model. This is just a 2004, meaning it never had a hover conversion as a default feature.

Jul 7 2007, 11:41pm Anchor

Ok, sounds good. Also I saw just yesturday that the guy who made Cfg studio has a v2 beta up for download. It has new features one that will help with the helicopter handling. Just thought I'd let you know.

Jul 8 2007, 8:24am Anchor

i'll look into it. For now, I think the hunter has the best handling for the job.

Jul 8 2007, 2:36pm Anchor

Ok, then I'll test it with the hunter.
Here's what I have for it, if there's anything else you want me to add just let me know.
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jul 8 2007, 3:01pm Anchor

Make 5 lights on the bottom on instead of 4. That was what our delorean has and what we're sticking to. Weird how the movie has both 5 and 3 light versions.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 8 2007, 6:14pm Anchor

Ok, I'll add in the fifth light.

Jul 9 2007, 2:04am Anchor

So it will be able to shoot? :confused:

Jul 9 2007, 3:41am Anchor

wtf r u talking about?

Jul 9 2007, 4:01am Anchor

"bout the 04 Del. If it replaces the HUnter, means it can shoot, I don't want it to be a death machine :(

Jul 9 2007, 4:49am Anchor

it wont replace the hunter in the release. hes just testing it with the hunter

Jul 9 2007, 5:26am Anchor

I just said the handling of the hunter's should be good. Not the vehicle.

Jul 9 2007, 9:27am Anchor

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh :)

Jul 10 2007, 2:56pm Anchor

Ok, I tested the hunter with the hover conversion one and the handling does suit it well, I'm sure you can fix it so the car doesn't go completely vertical when moving forward. Also the bonnet and boot will have to be part of the car cause if they're with the respected dummies they rotate like the copter blades.

Jul 10 2007, 9:03pm Anchor

Thats fine. It's expected actually. Helicopter's don't really have bonnet or boots.

Jul 11 2007, 2:42am Anchor

Cool, ok I'll put all that together and then send you the files sometime tomorow, which is actually today now that i look at the time.

Jul 11 2007, 7:01pm Anchor

Ok, pic of the hover delo and regular in game. Don't worry I've changed the car colors for the hunter to match the original delorean. Also for those who don't know already the hunter is only being used as a test because of the hunters handling. It'll be changed to one of the other helicopters when it's ready for release. I did make a body update also and I think this helps make the silver and gold look much better with the black around the bottom of the car.
User Posted Image

Jul 11 2007, 7:49pm Anchor

yeah, that would help. Weird seeing just a solid color driving around.

Anyway, more delorean updates. This time, the wires.
User Posted Image

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 12 2007, 2:35am Anchor

Not to offense you... But the '04 DeLorean looks like made of cardboard. MAybe in the gameplay it'll be better.

Jul 12 2007, 2:15pm Anchor

K, the '04 looks great!, Cant wait to see it in-game.

Jul 12 2007, 2:34pm Anchor

the 04 delorean looks great! but will we be able to time travel with it? (with all the stuff on the back: mr fusion, wires etc...)

Jul 12 2007, 2:59pm Anchor

I hope not. Too many time machines already. Why not have an ability to make time machines out of EVERY vehicle? (again, didn't mean to offense anyone.)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.