Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Jul 12 2007, 3:05pm Anchor

As far as time traveling with the 04', this was discussed a page or so back I believe, No, It will not be able to time travel, My understanding is that it was built as a momento to John Delorean, as a concept for the HV 2015 world. and because K can model anything at will, lol

Jul 12 2007, 4:24pm Anchor

lol ok just wanted to know...
yeah you're right we already have enough time machines

Jul 12 2007, 4:41pm Anchor

Only stainless steel cars would be allowed to time travel anyway. You know, doc never mentioned anything about if iron was good for flux dispersal. I suppose it would be good too, but since there were no iron cars, he never really said a thing. Haha, iron cars....

Jul 13 2007, 2:22am Anchor

Anybody wants a refridgerator time machine? :)

Jul 13 2007, 8:24am Anchor

hey k, make the brake calipers part of the chassis. It's weird seeing them move with the wheel. I know the front ones will be botched, but it's better than all 4. I also darkened the silver so it's the same as the other deloreans, down to 74,74.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 13 2007, 8:41am Anchor

Slightly new colors. Could be slightly lighter. But I got lazy. Oh well, close enough.
You can see where the calipers are kinda...not in the right place.
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jul 15 2007, 3:42am Anchor

Looking good. Hey, I have a question. Is it at all possible for me to drive either the regular Delorean or the 04 Delorean (maybe both?) right now? Of course, since they aren't in my game right now I'm suggesting maybe a download of some sort or for the cars to be e-mailed to me, but I completely understand if you want to wait till 0.2c before letting those babies go so you can let everyone enjoy the goodness at once. I just figured there was no harm in asking.

Jul 15 2007, 4:12am Anchor

Their are plenty of places to find the regular 1981 delorean on web sites for download, and I'm sure for the 04' you will have to for 0.2c like the rest.

Jul 15 2007, 7:55am Anchor

81 delorean is everywhere on the web, as is the gold, 81 custom, and 83 delorean.

04 will be available next release. Some kinks need to be worked out first.

Jul 15 2007, 11:35am Anchor

how long do you these kinks are gonna take ROUGHLY?

Jul 15 2007, 7:19pm Anchor

We've all been asking that same question for months now. I dont think anyone knows for sure.

Jul 15 2007, 7:58pm Anchor

Yeah, i'm no expert modder, so I have no clue how long these stuff take.

Jul 15 2007, 8:12pm Anchor

well hey im patient for the update to come out now, instead of buggin u guys, cuz im now im hooked on guitar hero...ha sorry for that being off topic, but its true, i havent played vice city for about 3 weeks now

Jul 15 2007, 8:20pm Anchor

Yeah, I still check here daily hoping to see 0.2c up for download, but I haven't taken the Delorean for a spin in about a week.

Jul 15 2007, 8:35pm Anchor

Ok, I'll fix that tomorrow. It doesn't take that long to do something like this since the model has already been unwrapped and all I have to do is detach the brakes from the rotors. I've just gotten back from Wisconsin so I'm relaxing at the moment.

Jul 15 2007, 8:38pm Anchor

yeah, detach the brakes from the rotors and then collapse them along with the chassis. The front ones might be off, but gta never really supported brake pads anyway.

Jul 15 2007, 8:46pm Anchor

Yeah they may be off but I can try and use the local axis to get them as close to in line as possible.

Jul 15 2007, 9:06pm Anchor

oh yeah, thats right. they're bigger than they're suppose to be.

Jul 15 2007, 9:43pm Anchor

As far as 2015 hover conversion is concered, Can more than just the comet have the same style of hover or is that a one vehicle option? just wondering, because the flying atributes for the back 2 seam to be working just fine, and wasthought about just making the 04' have the same abilities. (maybe this is the plan).

Off topic: Hey K, where did you go in Wisc.?

Jul 15 2007, 10:13pm Anchor

Oh, alright. One more thing. What cars did you guys replace to put the two Deloreans in?

Jul 15 2007, 10:14pm Anchor

well, since the 04 can hover already (helicopter), i don't need to make it have the hover stuff.
Other cars will be like the comet, if they're not the heli.

Jul 15 2007, 10:15pm Anchor

cheetah and some unknown heli

Jul 15 2007, 10:18pm Anchor

Ok, cool I am glad to here that more than one (like the comet)is possible, that will work out great!

Jul 15 2007, 10:19pm Anchor

Sorry, I meant the 81 Delorean and the 04 Delorean. Just the normal driving around versions.

Jul 15 2007, 10:21pm Anchor
Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.