Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
1885 "Vehicles" (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : 1885 "Vehicles") Locked
Thread Options
May 5 2007, 10:25am Anchor

What vehicles will be included in 1885 (horse and cart/ Horses/ other trains...)?

May 5 2007, 10:31am Anchor

Well the train will be part of it. We're only going to use the horses in cut scenes as far as I know and it will only be of the tops of the horses cause we can't animate the legs correctly.

May 5 2007, 12:41pm Anchor

boots will be included as a vehicle :D

May 5 2007, 7:08pm Anchor

seriously?

May 5 2007, 7:37pm Anchor

it would be cool if Doc invented some kind of "steam powered carage" or something that you can drive around

May 5 2007, 7:57pm Anchor

nah, it's unrealistic to the movie, so no. Besides, haven't you forgotten doc's rule about not tampering with the timeline?

May 5 2007, 8:08pm Anchor

sorry, I wasn't thinking 4th demensionally

May 5 2007, 8:15pm Anchor

you know, my question was like an oxymoron, haven't you forgotten? haha.

We'll add horses probably, but they'll be like those toy horses you see in cartoons.

May 5 2007, 8:24pm Anchor

if u do put in the horses what vehicle would they replace and the sound cause i dont think anyone wants a horse soundin like a sanchez

May 5 2007, 10:42pm Anchor

probably the pcj-600. i think that siting position would look best on horses

Jul 6 2007, 2:02am Anchor

What About the ANIMATIONS for the horses legs and the SOUNDS

Jul 6 2007, 3:07am Anchor

Sounds-no problem, most bikes have their single sounds, one problem is gearing up. Animation, hmmm... Probably not.

Jul 6 2007, 1:42pm Anchor

why not when the "horse" gears up the horse whinnies

Jul 6 2007, 1:46pm Anchor

there are 4 engines sounds. 1 is idle. 2 is acceleration. 3 is top gear. 4 is decelerating. Gearing up is just the acceleration sound looping back over. So, not possible at all.

Jul 6 2007, 3:20pm Anchor

There is a possibility of making the horse have only one gear, but then it will be accelerating slower then golfcart.

Jul 6 2007, 4:24pm Anchor

1 gear crashes certain vehicles for some reason. It's only accepted by electric and planes. I think KITT tried it once with the delorean while testing for handling.

Jul 6 2007, 4:38pm Anchor

I just changed the back 2 to one gear, little weird ,but worked fine for me.

Jul 6 2007, 4:42pm Anchor

ok, guess that works then. Just gotta have an insanely high acceleration rate. Oh well, it's not suppose to go 88 anyway, lol.

Jul 6 2007, 4:47pm Anchor

It did time travel, I never mesed with anything other than # of gears, however it seemed to accelerate slower in the beginning then speed up as it got closer to 88 mph.

Jul 6 2007, 4:52pm Anchor

Which is the reason we inaccurately gave the delorean 4 gears instead of 5, so we could lower the inaccurate acceleration.

Jul 6 2007, 4:52pm Anchor

oh that makes sense. I was wondering about that because most VC vehicles are five.

Jul 6 2007, 4:58pm Anchor

I would do 5, but that would mean a new record to 88 mph. Acceleration in gta is weird. Seems everything is turbocharged.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.