Back to Basics is a total conversion mod, that not only adds units and abilities but also a new weapon damage and penetration system. This improves gameplay and requires more tactical assaults and defenses. Weapon ranges are also greatly increased and also includes a greatly improved AI. Back to Basics: Battle of the Hegdes adds realism to Company of Heroes, to make it even better. It is compatible with Company of Heroes, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor, always with the latest patch. You do not have to own all 3 products of the Company of Heroes series to play Back to Basics.
Armored Infantry were completely rebalanced for a more distinguished role and more consistent performance.
"Call-in a squad of Armored Infantry. Combat engineers trained to protect vehicles from infantry attacks, equiped with wire cutters, grenades, sticky bombs as well as Advanced Repair."
Armored Infantry had a quite poor performance in any situation, while also lacking a specific role in combat. They were never really a viable option to get, so with this rebalance they will perform much better against Infantry.
Changes to Armored Infantry include:
- Armored Infantry reinforcing time increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
- Armored Infantry squad size increased from 4 to 5.
- Armored Infantry entity health decreased from 100 to 90, increasing the squad health from 400 to 450.
- Armored Infantry M1 Carbine DPS at long and distant range slightly increased.
- Armored Infantry now have "Riflemen Elite" infantry armor.
- Armored Infantry can now Sprint.