- a green flag is spawned somewhere in the middle of the map
- your job it to grab it, and infiltrate the enemy base
- to score, you'll need to touch your own flag (yes! your flag is in the enemy base!), if you're still alive, of course.
To make things clearer, here's a short video:
Besides the mines and the new game mode, the mod evolved in two different ways:
- The website is getting prepared for the upcoming beta testing campaign. The beta versions will be available only to a small set of the registered members; also the file will have a random name, to ensure that only the allowed members will have access to the download link. Although beta is still some time ahead, it's better to be prepared.
- We have a dedicated mapper. Windebieste (most AvP2 gamers know him, he is the creator of "Under the Hunter's Moon" single player campaign) got interested in the mod quite some time ago. Until he decides to join moddb.com, we'll be showcasing his work. For start, the neutral zone of a future CTF/1FCTF/WAR map:
For all AvP2 mappers, we've also uploaded an archive containing critical informations needed to build maps for AvP2 Fortress. So, mappers, take a look at this guide. All-in-all, although Friday 13th, I feel lucky.