Clark, we need you
The internal beta circulated last weekend, and after playing through the levels and consulting with the team, I've come up with a list of bugs that need to be squashed before we release the good 'ol goodies bag to the community.
Bugs for the Squashing
- Clone Troopers are still using the Storm Trooper bump-map
- The Barrel on the Sniper-Rifle doesn't quite fit on the body. (There's a small gap)
- Razor is still using the old Westar
- The fire that appears when the V-6 gets shot down doesn't dissipate, it stays floating in the air
- Several invisible-walls are on the roof
- Super Battle Droids fighting below can be heard doing their melee-attack from everywhere on the map
- Clones who are supposed to rope-in stay on top of the building
- Computer-guy (in the glass room) isn't using the computer animation
- If you fire your weapons up against a wall or NPC, they'll kill you
- You do almost no melee damage when you have the Westar equipped
- If you stay outside of the room where you blow the glass, you can kill the commandos inside without them fighting back.
- The intro gunship doesn't completely leave the map when if flies away, it freezes just over the hill
- The exit gunship's turrets are visible from the roof, even though the rest of it is not
- The crates fail to move when the wall is blown in, though they do move when meleed.
Green means fixed, red means not fixed, orange means fixing in progress, and though I can't give a concrete estimate, I can say that the beta should be ready in a couple of weeks. Right now we're trying to get online play to work, but as far as I can tell, its not going so well. Of course, I'm hardly qualified to talk about online stuff, since I'm stuck with internet that can't even run normal RC online. Suffice to say, we're looking into it, and hopefully the beta will allow online play. Without online we could release it in a week or to, with online, well, your guess is as good as mine.
I'm sorry I couldn't get any pretty pictures for you this week, I'm running a hideously tight schedule (I'd actually planned to write this this weekend, but I just didn't have the time). When things calm down a bit, I'll try to get some footage up of something I'm calling 'Combat Challenges'. Its so secret the rest of the team hasn't even heard it yet. Like the name implies, they'll be ludicrously difficult, and feature - you guessed it - combat. I might even release one, who knows. Suffice to say, you can expect 1-on-1, 9-on-9, 24-on-24, and anything in between (they're also strictly single-player, featuring only you and some AI). That's all for today, folks.