This mod attempts to reflect the reality of 13th century Europe. The starting point of the journey is year 1257 AD and attempts to be as historically accurate as possible. From this point on the player and NPC lords shape this land and fight for supremacy and control of the continent.
It's finally here! A new release after two years of waiting!
Posted by DrTomas on Nov 30th, 2012
A new version of Anno Dommini 1257 has been released. Featuring many unique and unseen to other mods features. You can download it from our download page!
- All of Europe, featuring 42 factions
- Hundred of new historical, region based troops.
- More then a thousand new items, armors, weapons, all historically accurate for XIII century.
- Buildable castles.
- Manor system, with the ability to build custom settlements (build buildings appear in the scene!)
- Realistic combat system, with taunts, formations, improved horse archer skirmishing scripts and other features.
- Custom battle scenes, realistically depicting each region of Europe.
- Weather system, including desert storms, blizzards, rain storms
- Play as one of your soldiers after your death, with our made auxiliary player feature (can be turned off in the mod options).
- Cruading system: Join a crusade or start one yourself!
- Join a crusader order as sergeant or a knight!
- New lance recruitment system, aiming to emulate medieval feudal recruitment system.
- Companion system improved and remade
- Sea battles and sea travel
- Many new scenes for castles, towns and villages. A good number of them - are historically based reconstructions of real places!
- Many other minor and major features!