This is 3.5 Open Beta for American Civli war: Brothers vs. Brothers mod
(crashy and buggy for now, we know, but we're fixing things every day,
to bring you the full and stable version soon)
You are probably wondering what is new in this open beta? We have been very busy, and we tried to implement as much of the stuff possible and still retain good quality performance.
Some of the most important features, will be presented here. For the rest... well, you will simply need to download the beta and try it out. :)
Current build of 3.5 Open Beta supports Warpath map based ACW campaign only.
However, users who don't own Warpath can still play the custom battles with all the new units!
Also, remember this is a BETA of 3.5, so several features aren't working yet and the installation is not as smooth as the full 3.5 version will be.
In the current 3.5 beta, research is disabled, but it should function normally in the release version.
1) Empire: Total War (preferably with Warpath addon)
2) ACW Brothers vs. Brothers 3.4.1 version (3.4 patched to 3.4.1)
3) husserlTW's Subs Power
1) Install ACW 3.4 and 3.4.1 patch.
2) install husserlTW's Subs Power launcher
3) download the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
4) unzip the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
5) run setup.exe and follow installer's instructions
6) Do not forget to select ZoR in the launcher, to run 3.5 Beta
It's really not as scary as it may look. If you're having any trouble, head to our FORUM and we'll help you out there.
When the final version 3.5 is out, it will be a single install file, but now for the beta testing, it's a bit more difficult. Sorry about that.
Chieftain John K.
Many thanks and kudos to everyone who worked on the mod in the past to bring it to the level at which the current team inherited it, to continue the development.