Tournaments, Ladder System & Events
With this mini-mod we're going all out on making an active community through tournaments atleast once a month and a coherent ladder system, if you're interested in taking part of spectating, read this thread! Remember there's currently no active AI in Frontline, so don't miss out on this matchmaking opportunity!
We have currently scheduled one small tournament to get us going, but stay tuned for future annoucnements!
What this mod DOES HAVE
- Playable Orange Star forces.
- Working game play mechanic inducing cities, production buildings, HQs and property capturing
- Balanced units (from internal testing)
- 5 remade skirmish maps from Advance Wars!
- Custom loading screen.
- Unit/building descriptions, temporary icons and portraits.
- Unit decals and new team colours.
What the beta doesn't have!
- Blue Moon, Yellow Comet, Green Earth and Black Hole armies.
- The Neotank and any AWDS units and structures.
- CO's and associated powers and stats.
- Destruction animations.
- Custom menus & music.
- Custom infantry, mech and vehicle pilot art (the units are functional using RA3 assets!)
- Terrain effects, bonuses and mini-cannons.
- Working AI. Playing a match with any level of AI will cause the game to crash.
- Fully animated helicopter blades, the current animation needs fixing. Yes we are aware of this and yes we will fix it for the next beta/patch.
Youtube Channel, game lobby & steam group
We recently launched a new youtube channel, where we hope to post community and tournament replays along side important mod updates so go and subscribe! Don't forget that we also have a steam group from our first beta.
For matchmaking outside of tournaments, we advise using our moddb forum, steam group or just dropping by casual 16.
Don't forget, as always you can follow us directly and see sneak peaks of content we have yet to post on moddb!
To install the mod, drag the "Frontline" folder into the "Mods" folder found in "C:\Users\ USERNAME \Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods", if the "Mods" folder does not exist, create it.
To launch the Frontline, open the Red Alert 3 Control Centre, select "Game Browser" then open the "Mods" tab, select Frontline and press "Launch Game".
In the event of the skirmish screen not allowing you to select a map, army or team colour, delete the "skirmish.ini" file from "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Profiles\PROFILE NAME" then relaunch the mod, this should fix the problem, though we advise that you create a profile specifically for AW: Frontline use to prevent this from reoccurring!
To close I would like to stress how important it is that you take part in events, give us balance feedback and submit your replays! It's the only way we can improve the mod!
See you on the battlefield!