The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
The year is 2145. It's been almost 4 months since the start of the European Northern Strike, where the European Union (EU) launched a bold counter-attack against Pan Asian Coalition (PAC) forces which had entrenched themselves in northern Europe's most resourceful and most defensible positions. Despite the European Union's many victories and progress on retaking their homeland, particularly in central Europe, the fight is still not over.
The newly formed coalition of North America has realized that it can no longer sustain peace on its continent, after more than 27 years of isolation, and has decided to do what both Europe and Asia had feared since the start of their official war in October 2139. North America has to acquire more land space and resources to support its massive population, or face the complete collapse of their society which they have been trying to preserve for so long ever since the northern ice sheet consumed more than half of the North American continent in the year of 2135.
North America has decided that the north-western section of Africa would be the most suitable habitable land to acquire for the near future of 2160, since the Tropic of Cancer was becoming more habitable every 5 years due to global cooling. South America was deemed too unsustainable for the future since it was already over-populated and, unlike the areas in the Tropic of Cancer, not been cooling down.
Unfortunately, for North America, the north-western section Africa is the place of mass-settlement by European refugees and the coalition knows that the European Union are not going to share the land or give it up without a long, bitter fight as that section of Africa is one of their most settled areas. And so, once faithful allies to one another, the North American Coalition and European Union had brought the war for survival to an even higher level of desperation.
The Northern Excursion had begun.
About the mod:
The Northern Excursion mod (once called the "Extreme Realism" mod) is a game-enhancement mod that strives to be an unofficial expansion pack to Battlefield 2142, developed by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The mod introduces a new faction, the "North American Coalition" (NAC), re-introduces the jet fighter/bomber air vehicle types from Battlefield 2, brings back old features which were left out of the original Battlefield 2142 (such as stationary machine guns, visual effects, unused voice overs), new gameplay and much more.
• North American Coalition
- New faction
- The NAC will have its own unique style of gameplay in Battlefield 2142; introducing new weapons, new vehicles and new unlocks to the battlefield of the far future.
• New Maps
- Set in African, European, Pacific and Orbital theaters
- Each map has new static props, scripted events and other features to expand the diversity and atmosphere.
• Better Visuals
- All of the new environments will have a lot of attention to detail in them, even down to the smallest things. Some vanilla maps will also be revamped. Most existing textures and models will be retouched to look more detailed (e.g. Third-person weapons will look almost identicle to the first-person weapons rather than just looking like a very low-poly version of the weapon).
- We also want to re-create the HUDs/menus, give proper interiors to all vehicles and add our own shaders for new graphic effects (e.g. lens flare, motion blur - However, these shaders will require a lot of work and we would like to finish the bulk of the mod first).
• Limited Destruction
- In our new maps, we are going to allow players to destroy certain parts of the map.
- As the Refractor 2 engine only supports a certain amount of destructables in each map, we cannot make "everything" destructable like in Bad Company. But, some destruction is better than no destruction at all.
• New Rank System + Awards
- Work in progress.
- To encourage more people to play the game again (as of August 2011, there are roughly 3,000 active players in Battlefield 2142 when there were roughly ten times the amount in August 2009, we want to try and raise that figure by giving a breath of fresh air into the game), we are planning to update the award and ranking system (to give a degree of progression in the mod, it's also needed if we are going to have more unlocks).
- We will focus more on this once the bulk of the mod and the new planned unlocks are completed.
• New Unlocks
- Work in progress.
- We are currently planning to add a whole new row of unlocks for each class (e.g. Silenced Micro-SMG that replaces the pistol for the Recon class, provides an extra level of protection, useful for snipers that like to have more chance of surviving in close-quarters situations. It takes up one of the two available customisable slots).
• New Vehicles
- These are some of the following planned vehicles for the mod:
- Jet Fighter/Bombers - New air vehicle type - The jet fighter/bomber air vehicle types still carry pretty much the same amount of firepower as in BF2 but through the advancement of EMP technology and auto-tracking missiles, they can be shot down just as easily as gunships meaning jets won't be able to dominate the entire round.
- Mobile Anti-Air - To combat the new threat of jets. Equipped with EMP rockets + anti-air chain guns.
- Assault APC - New variant of APC - The assault APC has no pod launchers but instead has an infantry + vehicle detector and can fire 2 EMP grenades at once but with a longer reload time.
- Light-Battlewalker - NAC special vehicle - Walks faster and has a faster rate of fire for both weapons than a normal walker but the pilot is vulnerable to enemy firearms (if the bullet manages to get through the glass of the cockpit) and armour is fairly weak (think of the wolverine from C&C: Tiberian Sun/Tiberium Wars: Kane's Wrath).
Hello everyone, I apologise yet again for the time it's taken for this mod to post a news article (last one being posted in April). Well, it's better late than never I suppose, hopefully the next news article will be a lot sooner since we have a lot of content to show. However, we are not willing to show all of it just yet, we prefer to show things in their finished rather than in their unfinished form.
One of the hardest things we've tried to get for this mod are some unique, high-detailed, futuristic-themed heavy and light armoured soldiers for the new North American Coalition faction. I mean, talented modellers don't grow on trees, they are hard to find. We couldn't believe our luck when a fan of the mod, yone (who had actually gone looking for people to help us out), had found a talented person who could the job in a relatively short amount of time.
His name is "Juan Gomez", also known as "Koker", who is a 3D modeller and texture artist from Spain. Below is a link to his portfolio and images of the work he has done for us so far. We cannot thank him enough for the work he has done for us and we wish there were more people like him willing to work for mods.
NAC Light Armoured Soldier - WIP
• The head will be replaced with a better version. So, please ignore it. The rest of the soldier looks absolutely fan-bloody-tastic.
NAC Heavy Armoured Soldier - WIP
• The helmet you see on the heavy soldier is for the NAC Recon kit.
I am currently working on the textures for the heavy and light soldiers, fix some parts of the UV's and add more details. Once that's done, we will upload those to the image section. We also have somebody making kit equipment (backpacks etc) for the soldiers as well. Once they are done, we will get someone to export the soldiers and equipment into the game, then I can finally start filming stuff (teasers/trailers, woohoo!) and, maybe, Dtneter can release an alpha version.
Because of the hard work that has been done these past few months on the mod, 2142NE's V0.1 release now seems not that far away from now than it did in April. Most of the harder stuff, such as getting the new weapons and vehicles modelled and getting the NAC soldiers completed, is almost done. After we finish getting the other weapons and vehicles modelled and then textured, we will be balancing the game, focusing on new maps with new gamemodes, making the new unlock tree/awards, setting up the ranking system and then setting up the multiplayer servers. That is what we wish to do first. We can think about other stuff (such as graphics improvement) afterwards.
That's all we're going to show in this update, but we will soon make another news article. We will also upload some images which are not in this news article this week.
As usual, we are still looking for more people to help the mod. If you can fill out any of the roles listed below, please e-mail/private message me.
- Texture our weapons and vehicles etc
- Model new weapons and vehicles etc
- We are currently in need of a Battlefield mapper who can make highly detailed maps
- Animate our weapons (first person)
- American/Canadian accent, NAC faction (Grunt/Squad Leader)
- Needs a good microphone and sounds mature (17+)
Highest Rated (4 agree) 9/10
Even though this mod is still under development, I would like to commend the developers on some things by posting this reveiw. 1: I am very pleased with the Single Player Revamp. It makes playing offline SO much better, and is actually enjoyable. 2: The redone skins, weapons and vehicles are also AMAZING. 3: I think the new maps are also well done, and are cool to play. 4: The new sounds are cool, it adds alot to the gaming experience. 5: With the redone weapons, the game is INTENSE! you MUST watch…
Dec 22 2010 by Skystalker97