The Northern Excursion mod (once called the "Extreme Realism" mod) is a game-enhancement mod that introduces a new faction, the "North American Coalition" (NAC), re-introduces the jet fighter/bomber air vehicle types from Battlefield 2 and also brings back old features which were left out of the original Battlefield 2142 such as stationary machine guns, visual effects, unused voice overs and more.
NOTE: There will be a lot more information on everything mentioned below when I get that 2142NE Wikipedia working (which will explain everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING).
• VTOL capability.
• Fully animated - Link: Moddb.com
• VTOL engines can be disabled (and repaired when landed). This will result in the aircraft losing movement speed and lift. When at least three engines have been disabled by enemy fire, the aircraft will not be able to maintain its altitude and will crash to the ground (like a Goliath but in the sky).
• The PAC will also have their own, slightly modified version (with PAC-specific weapons).
• WISTL was once a corporation, started up in 2094, made up of joint European and North American research and development projects. WISTL disbanded in late 2144 due to falling out between the European and North American powers. Most of the finished projects that they worked on have not gone to waste and have been incorporated into both factions. The SCAR project, also developed jointly by Europeans and (North) America, was a one of the weapons developed by WISTL and the SCAR-11 is used by both European and North American militaries today as the main assault rifle of the two powers due to its precision and reliability.
• Full Name: Unknown
• Place of Origin: USA, North America
• In Service: 2119 - Present
• Users: North American Coalition, European Union
• Designer: Western Industrial Science Technologies Ltd
• Manufacturer: Western Industrial Science Technologies Ltd
• Description: Coming Soon
• Specs: Coming Soon