something odd is going on this page ...Oh, sure, i'm just complete moron!
Posted by un☠ind on Dec 1st, 2011
So today the opening of the CBT. Those who are in some way in advance took the key, could take part in testing. I and four other people from the Beta Project forum was also attended.
After hours of play, it is already possible to compile the most complete picture of what we can expect in the release.
● Changed the visual component, the game became more intense.
● Sound system. Added some interesting sound effects, like an echo from shooting indoors or in the far distance. But there is a downside - the steps are much quieter sound.
● The system of purchase, after all, it seems to me more convenient than in previous games.
● Enough to competently organized in-game interface.
● Redesign of the map de_dust, with the additional idea of the passage of the tunnel is justified. Now the terrorists have additional tactical advantage, finally equalizing the balance between the teams.
● Wiser bots AI.
● Despite my initial skepticism about the introduction of Molotov cocktail into the game, now I can say that stuff is very useful in some situations.
● Strongly altered the behavior of weapons, where the greatest impact before bringing skill, now brings good luck. Totally inadequate spread of bullets while running, for example, to get at the enemy with UMP45 on the run for a distance of 5-10 meters - already a problem. Shooting was a bit like fighting in the style of Modern Warfare. And this is the most important, less fat.
● Despite the fact that the improved visuals, models of weapons and arms look very, very sloppy. Animation both players and arms look like it did a beginner animator-modder.
The paradox is that in the hands of the same model involved 8000 polygons and textures with a resolution of 2048x2048 (Reference: Left 4 Dead player models have the same number of polygons). Why?
● Truly stupid music, and during the game.
● The "Dust" maps series, for the sake of greater realism let loose a huge amount of dust in the truest sense. And this, I must say, quite prevent the gameplay.
● Although the interface is well done, it is worth noting a couple of unpleasant moments. First, the sight. I have the feeling that he is not in order to help take aim, and to just stop. Second, postmortem display of information about the health of the player satisfied in the style of the progress bar. It is not too convenient and.
● And on the very content of beta. Too little is provided weapons - AK47, M4A1, UMP45, USP, Glock 18, Desert Eagle and a couple of sniper rifles. Only two maps, both from a "Dust" series. Problems with Russian fonts in the game, similar as in DotA 2. Inability to create your own individual server. You can play only in Quick Start.
The lack of new game modes announced.
Well, we can say that while this is only beta. But somehow it's not very impressive progress since the first teasers shown, provided to the beta. Damp, not too convenient, casual.
I do not think that even after the release of CS:GO will be able to push their predecessors.
My rating: 5.5/10