something odd is going on this page ...Oh, sure, i'm just complete moron!
There are some new information about me, and any that touches me... So, okay.Glad to say - left about 30 days of my service in the Baltic Naval Forces... Time flies, isn't it? :)In period from the last year i've missed many interesting things. And i've got many of interesting ideas.
A lot of things changed, but i have an impression, that i still in the past.
By the way, i've guess that i have got my artist skill to the limit of my ability. I mean, it doesn't matter that i have many practice - it's all useless without any teoretical knowledge of drawings. I need extra improve my skill!
However, i still works on some moddev projects, as an artist. But still looking for any another. Do i help you with your project? Just PM me.
As advertising: Do anyone wants help with the one longtime-develop mod? (Since 2007, but if you ask - it not announced on ModDB yet) I looking for a good artists, level-designers and modellers to organize a "experimental" develop group. PM me if you interested with it.
Sorry for my possible English lang mistakes. :) Cya soon!
Firstly. At the moment i serve in the NAVY at the Baltic Sea. From the last December till next.
Secondary. Anyway, i still work on some projects like F-Stop, Project-9 and others.
Yep, it is possible to do it in the army, lol.
So, see ya soon. :3
So today the opening of the CBT. Those who are in some way in advance took the key, could take part in testing. I and four other people from the Beta Project forum was also attended.
After hours of play, it is already possible to compile the most complete picture of what we can expect in the release.
● Changed the visual component, the game became more intense.
● Sound system. Added some interesting sound effects, like an echo from shooting indoors or in the far distance. But there is a downside - the steps are much quieter sound.
● The system of purchase, after all, it seems to me more convenient than in previous games.
● Enough to competently organized in-game interface.
● Redesign of the map de_dust, with the additional idea of the passage of the tunnel is justified. Now the terrorists have additional tactical advantage, finally equalizing the balance between the teams.
● Wiser bots AI.
● Despite my initial skepticism about the introduction of Molotov cocktail into the game, now I can say that stuff is very useful in some situations.
● Strongly altered the behavior of weapons, where the greatest impact before bringing skill, now brings good luck. Totally inadequate spread of bullets while running, for example, to get at the enemy with UMP45 on the run for a distance of 5-10 meters - already a problem. Shooting was a bit like fighting in the style of Modern Warfare. And this is the most important, less fat.
● Despite the fact that the improved visuals, models of weapons and arms look very, very sloppy. Animation both players and arms look like it did a beginner animator-modder.
The paradox is that in the hands of the same model involved 8000 polygons and textures with a resolution of 2048x2048 (Reference: Left 4 Dead player models have the same number of polygons). Why?
● Truly stupid music, and during the game.
● The "Dust" maps series, for the sake of greater realism let loose a huge amount of dust in the truest sense. And this, I must say, quite prevent the gameplay.
● Although the interface is well done, it is worth noting a couple of unpleasant moments. First, the sight. I have the feeling that he is not in order to help take aim, and to just stop. Second, postmortem display of information about the health of the player satisfied in the style of the progress bar. It is not too convenient and.
● And on the very content of beta. Too little is provided weapons - AK47, M4A1, UMP45, USP, Glock 18, Desert Eagle and a couple of sniper rifles. Only two maps, both from a "Dust" series. Problems with Russian fonts in the game, similar as in DotA 2. Inability to create your own individual server. You can play only in Quick Start.
The lack of new game modes announced.
Well, we can say that while this is only beta. But somehow it's not very impressive progress since the first teasers shown, provided to the beta. Damp, not too convenient, casual.
I do not think that even after the release of CS:GO will be able to push their predecessors.
My rating: 5.5/10
- "Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts."
Actually a little searching in the Internet, I found a few good photos of the atomic icebreaker "Polar Star" (WAGB-10), which served as a prototype for "Borealis". (NOTE: This isn't Borealis from Ep3)
USCGC Polar Star (WAGB-10) is a United States Coast Guard Heavy Icebreaker. Commissioned in 1976, the ship was built by Lockheed Shipbuilding and Construction Company of Seattle, Washington along with her sister ship, Polar Sea (WAGB-11).
Homeported in Seattle, Polar Star and Polar Sea operate under the control of Pacific Area and coordinate their operations through the Ice Operations Section of the United States Coast Guard.
Also, Polar Sea is have a personal Twitter, but not refreshed since 2009 Twitter
Also more photos in Flickr:
Polar Star and Polar Sea in Wiki: