This member has provided no bio about themself...
Currently it does not. But as you say boarding is an important part and will be added.
The info panel is drag-able you can put it any place you like.
Yes it would, this is just a wip.
Thats is our main inspiration!
Love for HW is very common among the team.
I added a new pic take a look.
I dont like FPS games. So i code RTS games...
Soon we will invade your desktop!
It just set ups the turrets
Check it out in (view original)
Kukicha, the white tells you want you have bought the red is the background bar telling you haw far you can go. And finally the black bar behind them all tells you have far it can go.
So if you see a full red bar - you need to buy more.
If you dont see the red bar and white bar is not full you are loosing your ships to fast.
When we get back into beta testing you can do so. Right now just join the forums and be active.
This uses the panda3d engine. Its an open source engine maintained by CMU and Disney, and private contributers like me.
It's currently in development. When its done You would be able to buy and download the game off the aff2aw.com site.
Yes you are!
Yes its 3d. Not not like Homeworld which felt 2.5D - but a real 3d map not restrictions.
Yes its similar in spirit but has many separate points.
1. persistent universe - what you do in any battle has effect on the vast aff unvierse
2. command point capture style RTS/no building - similar to World in Conflict
3. completely different engine designed for the game instead of AFF skin on Homeworld2
4. Team vs Team free play, join any time during the battle
RTS is played on 3 main points:
1. matching ship composition (fighter > bomber > capital ship > destroyer > frigate > fighter)
2. positional game play (kiting, arcing, fleet motion, ditection)
3. usage of abilities (shield over charge, attack buffs, repair, boarding)
Homeworld2 mostly based on resource gathering, and switching up to the next tech at the right time.
Thanks for following!