This member has provided no bio about themself...
The game runs faster on Vista or Windows 7. Noticeably faster. I believe this is due to superfetch.
Obviously the game is going to crash with a glide wrapper since you need a 3dFX card to run glide, and they been out of business for nearly a decadse now.
Turn off perspective is you are running a high res, and it WILL fix the problem.
One more thing I forgot, If you are running Vista or Windows 7, make sure you run video test and select Direct 3d because Directdraw will not work.
To start the game you have to click on the D2MultiRes Icon and not the Diablo 2 icon.
Since I'm the person that took those pictures, I would like to say a few things about this mod since I've used for a while and know several details that may be important to some.
1. If you use a ATI card, make sure you disable Catalyst AI
2. If you are running a very high resolution, make sure you turn off perspective otherwise you get glitches.
3. This mod requires the latest version of Diablo 2 to run.
4. This mod not only works on Vista and Windows 7, it actually runs faster. I speculate this is due to Superfetch. I'm not really sure but there is no denying it runs better on Vista/7 during heavy fighting.
5. This mod will run faster in software mode, but Directx render looks 10 times better.
6. When going to a new area or town, the game must preload some files, but after a few seconds the game SHOULD return to normal speed. The higher the resolution you run, the longer it takes.
Problem isnt that its taking a long time to finish, or that there hasnt been a new version posted, it that you guys promised some sort of update on the progress on the website, and it hasnt happened.
In fact there has been virutally no new content posted in over a year.
No one cares about the logo artist, post a video clip of HDTP in action.