Member of C&C Generals: Zero Hour Contra mod team.
That's fixed now.
Voted! Good luck!
Okay, try this (it is for 009 Beta 2 only):
1. Go here Discord.gg
2. Go to the support channel.
3. Click on pinned messages.
4. Find the message about crash fix and follow the instructions (or ask for direct link there).
Download the crash fix from the pinned messages in the support channel: Discord.gg
I'm glad you like the mod. We think it is not necessary to add Bunkers for Nuke in Challenge because Nuke is capable of defending himself just fine. Some missions offer civilian buildings nearby which can be garrisoned with Nuke Tank Hunters. That defense is overpowered and the AI can't break through it most of the time because it tries to use brute force on it. Adding Bunkers to the player will make it too easy (they are resistant to toxins too). I suggest watching Persun's walkthroughs if you want to see the best tactics (he finished all challenge missions on Insane) Youtube.com
Thanks. We'll have a news update this month.
When it's done, it will be released.
Install it manually or download 009.
Instructions for manual install:
1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.
The generals in Contra are very diverse and have very strong features. Each one of them suits different gameplay styles. It is often unforgiving, so choose the generals which fit your style and play with them (USA Super Weapons is a good start). I do not recommend playing as Nuke if you're new to the mod and want to play comp stomps or play as in Challenge because he lacks defense structures.
What DarkLightLTU said.
See if you can run Generals and Zero Hour normally. If not, reinstall them.
Thanks, we appreciate it!
Try turning "Heat Effects" off in options.
We'll experiment with their size.
The next version will be released when it's done.
Update 9 is a news article, not a version. You cannot download it.
Missile Silo is currently removed from GLA generals.
Official Russian voices are not available, but there are some addons which replace English voices with Russian ones.
I've been thinking about it. I'll see how much AI units I can cut and decide whether I'll do it or not. We encourage people to come and play online. Better performance, better experience, more fun. We need more active players. We spent a lot of time hunting down mismatch errors and tet is not developing ContraVPN for himself. We hope people will stick with us and play regularly after the release of 009 Final. If that happens, we may start releasing small patches depending on players' activity and feedback. This is where we arrange games and talk about all Contra-related stuff: Discord.gg
Hello. Andrey (Creator) is no longer developing Contra.
To fix crashes in 009 Beta 2, you need this fix: Moddb.com
Yes. Also, Insane cheats with money more frequently than Hard (the low money condition is checked more often).
Difficulties will be Easy, Hard and Insane this time.
- Easy AI will send less units per attack wave. The first attack will begin later than on Hard and Insane. It will also not use money cheat, not build some buildings and not use some powers.
- Hard AI will be similar to Very Hard from current and previous versions. It will have some experience bonus and money cheat and be overall a good challenge.
- Insane AI, like Hard will use experience and money cheats, but with bigger bonuses. It will also use special teams and build special buildings, some of which are map-dependent.
Keep in mind that some bugs were fixed, which made the AI less difficult before, such as AI not sending units to attack and running towards defenses without stopping to attack.
Thanks. I hope there won't be many/any bugs this time.
Not in 009 Final.
We can't announce an approximate release date because things are unpredictable and we don't know too.
I am not responsible for RedSys. Contra subforum no longer exists there. The mod is obviously not dead but Campaign won't be released soon.
The game does not utilize the power of modern hardware, so it will always run slow with 8 AI players.
We have a community chat on Discord: Discord.gg
And yes, a test version of ContraVPN is already available. You can get more info on Discord.
I know AEI. He's very busy and he's not willing to go back to ZH AI development. I've studied his improved AI mod, understood it, and I don't feel I need to bother him.
We only recruit two types of members:
- People with good skill familiar with Contra, willing to spare time and play online a few days per week.
- People with experience in modding Zero Hour.
I'm a creator and I check ModDB, Revora and Discord daily. Contacting us is easy and convenient. We are aware of AI problems and we don't need AI testers. I recently learned a lot more about AI scripting and it's in progress of refinement. I even have a news update planned where I'll show what's been done to the AI so far. It's been my priority after the 009 Beta 2 where the AI was in a very bad state. The game slowing down by the amount of units is not possible to fix. I advise not playing on 8-player maps with AI. It's where this game always struggles at because it utilizes only one of your CPU cores.
This can happen only when your base is out of power. If you think it was a bug, describe the situation or show us a screenshot/video of it. I've never seen or heard about this bug before.
Have you installed any other mods or addons before? Certain mods tend to interfere with Zero Hour, corrupting some of the game's files permanently. That could be a cause for such crashes. Try reinstalling ZH. I can assure you that the errors you mentioned do not occur with any of the mod's versions. I don't remember anyone having these exact issues in the past and many people have ZH on Origin.