Member of C&C Generals: Zero Hour Contra mod team.
Join Discord.gg and read the pinned message in the contravpn channel.
Yes, 16) from Contra.cncguild.net
Yes, follow the instructions:
1. Put all files from Contra009Beta into your Zero Hour folder (NOT the one in My Documents).
2. Rename !Contra009Beta.ctr to !Contra009Beta.big.
3. Rename !Contra009BetaEN.ctr to !Contra009BetaEN.big OR rename !Contra009BetaRU.ctr to !Contra009BetaRU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra009BetaVOrig.ctr to !Contra009BetaVOrig.big OR rename !Contra009BetaVLoc.ctr to !Contra009BetaVLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra009BetaMNew.ctr to !Contra009BetaMNew.big OR rename !Contra009BetaMStandard.ctr to !Contra009BetaMStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe (NOT Contra Launcher.exe)!
Also, if there is a file named "Install_Final_ZH.bmp", you must rename it to "Install_Final.bmp". This is the original splash screen, which some mods change the filename of. "Install_Final_ZH.bmp" prevents Contra from starting up.
The launcher does the mod enabling/disabling for you. That's why some files will get renamed.
About your problem, make sure you have a file named exactly "Install_Final.bmp" in your directory. It's something I didn't think about when making the launcher, but it will be fixed next time.
Easy AI is making a return in 009 Final.
It's a bug with the GLA AI. Play Challenge mode - it's way better and AI is flawless.
You should not call your super weapons on the SDI.
Guan Yu has propaganda add-on which is already powerful.
Manticore will detect stealth in the next version.
Not if you play a fair game against a human opponent. GLA is really dangerous, can rush and move around super fast with tunnels.
Yes, Contra 009 Beta 2.
All AI issues are known and will be fixed in the next version.
009 Final will be packed as .7z or .zip.
Saturn can no longer shoot down ballistic missiles.
It heals and grants firepower bonus to nearby units.
1. I know what Control Rods are in vanilla, and I answered why we don't have the blue rods in Contra.
2. Selling buildings is a cheap way to prevent your enemy from getting experience. Contra is better suited for online play and is not very friendly to new players as they have to re-learn how to play the game. You could say Contra is a hardcore mod.
3. Which building is it? The Annihilator? We haven't noticed such a bug.
For complete info on the mod: Contra.cncguild.net
1. SW general can sell her defenses and Air Force can disassemble his planes, but that's it.
2. That's the Solar Panels upgrade, which has no relation with power plants at all.
3. Which defense is it and which enemy type does it ignore (units, buildings)?
1. Not possible to implement.
2. Why do you think so? Flamethrower infantry costs $400, making it the most expensive regular infantry.
3. Already done with supply piles.
4. GLA is supposed to rush early game, not build defenses.
5. All traps in Contra are already strong and hard to clear.
6. Thanks. We have plans for more content in the future.
1. It's intended.
2. EMP is granted by the "EMP Warheads" upgrade available at Blackout Missile System.
3. That's because all USA generals use the same "Control Rods" upgrade. Upgrade count is limited in this game, so we had to use one upgrade for all USA generals. Upgrade cameo is tied to the upgrade, so it's yellow everywhere.
4. Air Force's super unit is very strong if you know how to use it. We've already planned out the super units for Cyber general in 009 final.
When it's done.
Make sure you've corrected the path to exactly:
Yes, they will cheat less in the next version.
Glad they cancelled it.
I'm impressed by the effort you put into making this map. It was a great experience playing it. How can I get in contact with you? I'd like to include this map into the Contra 009 Final official map list. This will allow your map to reach more players as well as fix incorrect strings (example, "WARNING: Elbrus Storm has been activated.") by adding unique ones. Let me know if you are interested. I'm one of the mod's developers.
Recycling upgrade allows the player to recover his destroyed vehicles by selecting a target area. It is also available to the super unit as ability - applies to destroyed vehicles within its reach. A small scaffolding appears on the affected vehicles, and they get back to life after a short amount of time.
Yes. It also darkens the entire map like in RA2.