Hello. I'm a member of Contra Project Team and I'm mainly a mapmaker.
Extract Contra 008 Final to your Zero Hour folder and use the Contra Launcher.exe to launch the mod. Our mod works in conjunction with any other ZH mod, which has a launcher (ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, Cold War Crisis, etc...). This means you can install all these mods at once and use the launchers to play any mod at any time. But mods without launchers will mess up your ZH and you will have to uninstall them to play something else.
It's not a virus.
Sounds very strange. Is your game language non-English?
We are aware of this. It is a glitch with GLA Toxin and GLA Demo AI, which will be fixed in the next version.
Read that (one guy solved it): Forums.cncnz.com
Nobody can solve it.
Try this installation method.
1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.
Have you played other mods and do you have this problem only with Contra?
I am working on challenge maps for all generals. Have patience. New maps will be added when they are completed.
Check these tutorials out:
A great improvement over the old one. I like the composite armor.
Nothing can be done about crashes. Avoid big maps with lots of enemies. That can help.
You can play any map, but there may be some missing objects if you play a map from another mod. Google.com
AI is very passive sometimes. I'm trying to figure it out.
It currently does.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.
Crashes as soon as the map loads?
Respect to your dad! Tao is my favorite general. He has an unique concept in Contra. He relies on aggression and counterattacks. If he had defense structures, he wouldn't have powerful tank hunters and super weapons because they would make him overpowered. Nuke has the fastest units of all Chinese from the beginning. Imagine that your units are mobile defense structures. If you can learn to control your units well, you will realise that you can defend your base without bunkers. The Tank Hunters are devastating vs. any ground unit. They can fire from inside Listening Outposts either for attacking or defending purpose. Nuke Cannons are a very good long range attack and defense units at rank 3. There is no ETA for 009.
Contra 009 will most probably have at least one Beta version released first. There are already some AI improvements.
As for modding the game, search for C&C Generals modding tutorials in Google. Generals coding is done by editing the .ini files. It's even easier if you're a programmer. You'll get used to it in no time.
Most of the games have a Russian commentary now. So don't hesitate to watch if you are Russian. Click on a match and you will be brought to a page with a YouTube video player.
Are you talking about the Cylons (special power drop)? They are not invulnerable. You need a few anti-infantry vehicles and the Cylons will fall down quickly. Even a group of light infantry is effective. Tank shells and missiles are not effective in this case. Artillery is quite effective, actually. Cylons have a specific armor set. They are like infantry, but with more armor.
It is intentional. You must be new to this mod.
1. This is well known to us.
2. This has nothing to do with Contra as mods can't change hard-coded things like game saves. You either tried to load a map saved on a different version or that map was changed since the last save. Try to load a different save from another game.
Did both of you launch the mod with the Contra Launcher?
Sent you a PM.
Make sure you have installed Contra in the Zero Hour directory. All Contra files and 'generals.exe' must be in the same folder.
The SWG super unit has a bug with its weapon.
Do you use The First Decade? Is the 'generals.exe' in the same folder as the Contra Launcher? If not, put all the Contra files and the launcher in the folder with 'generals.exe'.
In the next release.
I can't tell for sure.