Hello. I'm a member of Contra Project Team and I'm mainly a mapmaker.
Yes, we fixed it.
No, there is no new update. New versions are uploaded in the "files" section - Moddb.com
Not possible in Generals.
Are you playing 009 Beta?
Just stop asking already. Updates are posted when we have something new to show, not on a day we choose to each time. If you don't like waiting, don't wait and don't follow this mod. See ya.
Read the instructions?
Westwood030589 did it, but it is very very hard on Hard difficulty. It took him many tries to pass the challenge. I'm thinking about nerfing Granger on Hard a little. Youtube.com
All instructions are on the download page. There is a fix for everything. Try to install manually. Here:
1. Put all files from Contra009Beta into your Zero Hour folder (NOT the one in My Documents).
2. Rename !Contra009Beta.ctr to !Contra009Beta.big.
3. Rename !Contra009BetaEN.ctr to !Contra009BetaEN.big OR rename !Contra009BetaRU.ctr to !Contra009BetaRU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra009BetaVOrig.ctr to !Contra009BetaVOrig.big OR rename !Contra009BetaVLoc.ctr to !Contra009BetaVLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra009BetaMNew.ctr to !Contra009BetaMNew.big OR rename !Contra009BetaMStandard.ctr to !Contra009BetaMStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe (NOT Contra Launcher.exe)!
Play on Easy, watch some walkthroughs on YouTube... it's not really hard, player has enough money for everything to survive.
There is NO campaign yet.
Upgraded F-18s with Frog Missiles are better and cheaper than F-35.
You are free to make maps and upload them here Moddb.com
Thanks, that's useful to know.
I disagree. As Air Force, it is recommended to use Hornets against tanks and ground units (preferably Coyotes) against AA because planes deal less damage to them. It is most effective to do this if you can micromanage it. And early attacks. It's very important to rush with F-18s - destroy Dozers and Supply Stashes (if playing against GLA). Countermeasures upgrade already gives 20% armor resistance (it was missing in description). He gains good upgrades at Rank 3 and 5 - Frog Missiles, Stealth Covering and Straight-Flow Engines. It's much about getting the perfect combination against enemy attacks. For heavily defended areas or large groups of units, use Pave Lows in combination with Eye Designators. Air Force can be really painful if played right. We're not talking about spamming planes vs. AI or AI spamming planes vs. you. It's deeper than that, but it applies best in human played games. I only agree that F-35 needs to be buffed.
What settings did you change in control panel?
That's a list from version 007. Laser Pathfinder was removed from later versions because he was overpowered. Laser has strong assault units, but having a stealthed, long ranged sniper was too good against all kinds of infantry, especially those of infantry general. Super Weapons general is another story. She does not have good units and defenses to deal with large groups of infantry, thus she has access to the snipers.
1) Reduces micromanagement.
2) I must see if that's possible for Karakurt.
We will discuss GLA defenses. Thanks for the feedback.
1. EMP affects Centurion.
2. It's automatic.
3. New maps are being worked on. A few new maps will be coming in the next release.
4. Eye candies.
5. Centurion will have new voicelines. Others - not planned.
1) I will check this.
2) Bao has one of the best artillery units in the game - A-100, plus he has access to King of Fire. This was thought out long time ago, so I think it's for balance and general uniqueness reasons.
3) Hatf-III has larger spread, thus direct damage is less. It is weaker against smaller target areas, but stronger against larger target areas. Intended.
4) Was noticed and fixed.
5) I'll check it out.
6) It happens because Elbrus missile object is affected by the upgrade. And all generals use that object. Dirty Bomb might be removed to free an upgrade slot in the future, though.
Yes, I was talking about the next release.
Propaganda ambience will be removed.
From recent changes and tests I've made, Air Force challenge crash seems to be fixed.
We have fixed some instances of this error caused by some units and general's powers by the mod itself (the game displayed a mismatch error to all users when a specific unit was built / specific power was used). However, mismatch may still occur at times, randomly. We believe there is something else in the game code causing it, which is out of our control. Something to do with connection between the players, maybe.
Give me more detailed info. Map, generals, the way you installed the mod...
This is Contra, not RotR. All downloadable versions can be found here: Moddb.com
Everything else is just news articles...
Aura uses special code which boosts damage, range or fire rate. It cannot power units.
It is possible for a unit to consume and produce power, but what do you mean?
What is your suggestion?
Make sure you have extracted ALL files from the archive into the Zero Hour folder (not Zero Hour Data). The description contains instructions and a video tutorial.
When it is done, it will be released.
I didn't test it, but I've heard that it works on Windows 10. Not sure about 64-bit, though. There must be a solution...