Monochrome LLC Founder & CEO but probably best known as being the Founder and Lead Developer of the very popular HL2 Modification Zombie Panic: Source. --- （。ㅅ。）
As for the multiple complaints on release day (the day before votes were finished) one mod said something stupid like "HAH not gonna release till you vote for us" which was QUICKLY corrected by every other ZP Developer there present for the release party. I had been up a good two days preparing for release. I made it clear I did not want anyone voting for ZPS that didn't want to vote for ZPS so don't let those who spread rumors take away our hard work :/
Excuse me? Lol what a load of crap. First of all there was no direct link to vote you had to scroll down list of games, select game, then select mod and vote. No one force anyone to vote for ZP:S and we couldn't have if we wanted to. Also the staff already explained we released after voting so we were not a RELEASED mod :P. Those of you who are bitter should watch the slander.
Thank you :D
It's currently in beta and we just released the mod and already patched once. Right now we're about to release a new patch fixing some bugs, adding new content and features. The list you just made is already in the works. I have someone working on survivor custom animations, we've got a couple new player models (both survivor/zombie versions for each) going in with this new patch as well as our content patch which will be huge. New weapons and features are going in and we're putting a lot of time and effort into barricading. We could easily just allow players to barricade with physgun like so many have done so far but we're trying an original attempt so bear with us. This next patch however will help barricading for both teams.
Thank you all for the support and making Zombie Panic: Source #1 Upcoming mod of the year :D Congrats to all those who won including the talented Insurency team :)
I'd just like to thank you all again for voting us #1 Upcoming mod of 2007 and your incredible support for this mod. We couldn't have done it without you the community.
Correction they linked both our mod and group. The link for Mod is above groups. :)
The Zombie Panic Team and I would like to thank you all for the support you've shown us and making us #1 Upcoming mod of the year!
Brian "Tatsur0" Comer
ZP Co-Founder/Lead Developer
Sorry guys they linked our group and not the mod. Please visit Moddb.com
Make sure you have ZPS installed in your steam/steamapps/sourcemods/ folder and that you have SDK installed. Also check out our forums for more information if you don't see your answer please give a thorough description on our forums of the problem you are having.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. What errors are you talking about? Also check our forums in case we've already resolved your issue there.
This upcoming patch that will be released very soon fixes all lingering issues including the 2 you just mentioned as well as new content, features and balancing. Now in the meantime there is a temp fix you can find on our forums to fix player list allowing you to mute players.
Not at all (well other than poor servers but thats not mod related)
You're welcome :)
ZP Dev team
1. On most maps it should take zombies (full server or even half full) a minute or two to find a hidden survivor. That or people are goofing off and we have no control over that. It's part of the game.
2. Player models? Um we released with 3 completely custom and high quality models. These aren't hl2 models reskinned and we're delivering more in time. Suggest studying up a bit on what it takes to both make a mod and to create player characters before complaining.
3. Thanks for the suggestions but we have our own list :)
4. Zombie Panic started it all and we did it without AI. I'm not saying we won't reinvent the game but AI/Bots/NPCs aren't going to be seen in ZPS anytime soon.
5. Headshot is enabled in this weekends patch.
6. Weight is a part of the game. Gameplay > realism. Its when ppl forget this that games play so poorly. However these survivors are normal people not trained soldiers and do you see a rucksack on any of em? This isn't some march through the sand with everything strapped on nice.
We're doing quite a bit with ZPS and a lot more content/features/gamemodes will be available with future patches. We appreciate the critiques and ask that the community try and keep realistic expectations unless you want to pay our bills?
Not to mention CSS Zombie mods and Gmod Zombie mod are both imitations of our original Zombie Panic mod for HL1. :) Surprised to see you're still trolling zombie mods instead of working on your own.
Patch this weekend will polish the game up some and fix most of the bugs.
Patch will fix that this weekend.
Patch will resolve that as well as headshots :)
I know there are a few "mods" imitating Zombie Panic for Half-Life. Including Zombie Survival. I was pointing out that I thought it funny that our Source version should be accused of imitating mods that imitated the mod that started it all which is ZP.
imperialguard: Um only similarity to Hidden: Source is the 1 hit kill with knife which isn't really considered stealing in any way. The only game this resembles closely (in which case I'm really not all that upset. was a neat game to play the week I gave it) is our mod Zombie Panic which we released on HL1 back in 2004. Funny how people think ZPS is imitating CSS:ZS lol.
ZPS Co-Founder/Lead Developer
Mind you the only complaints about stability are poorly setup Listen Servers. All dedicated servers run perfecly :)
We're working on this problem. It showed up last minute after valve updates though can't be sure of that being the issue it is however now near the top of list on things we're fixing with upcoming patch.
ModDB Download finally added :)
Indeed it does and will be fixed. My bad guys :) I had been up nearly todays due to release and when I put together final build and tested it (of course default location is where my folder is) I didn't catch it was forcing location. Also new patch coming very soon to fix a lot of stuff like Survivors missing animations on some servers, headshots not working like they're suppose to, and lots more.
Check out our main page and [known issues] easy fix and will be completely fixed properly after upcoming patch.
We're also working on this :)
You obviously haven't played enough to know what you're talking about. Mind you palying as survivor is meant to be a struggle and anyone familiar with ZP1 will know thats sorta the point. Game would be pretty lame if it was balanced equally but survivors had the fun toys and the zombies didnt.
1. Survivors are always faster than Zombies except when you pick up weapons/ammo. Which introduces our weight system. Each bullet has its own weight and when you fire a round that bullet no longer adds to your weight. This is the purpose of the Panic button, so when you're being chased and your best bet is to ditch gear and run you can. Though Zombies have as (very short) lunge ability which lets em speed up and if used wisely jsut enough to take down that pestering survivor who's always running around you in circles.
2. Zombies are not fast unless using lunge. Most people complain about their speed as being too slow so I was a bit surprised at your comment. Zombies are slow but strong with a short reach. It's part of the balance and yes I believe its needs adjusting and we've still got our internal PT's going for just this purpose as well as following your guy's games. As for handling zombies any experienced survivor with a decen amount of ammo/weapons can easily handle 3 zombies less he gets rushed around a corner with no room to maneuver but thats the point of the game. With our random ammo/weapon/zombie spawns it forces players to relearn the map while always watching out for the enemy. It's about fear and helplessness not being Rambo (which we intentionally made suicidal). Again if you're not looking for a challenging zombie game or want just a spamfest. ZPS is not for you a lot more thought was put into this mod.
Experienced players seem to do well with the game winning on average 1 out of 8 games or so during our playtests. We liked those odds and so we only adjusted things a little bit for release. We knew that once out in the public we may get a better chance to see where our initial ideas fail and where our balancing would begin. We still want to keep the helpless feeling but not take away the players hope. Always appreciate constructive criticism and will do our best to turn it into something the fans will enjoy.