"In landing operations, retreat is impossible, to surrender is as ignoble as it is foolish. above all else remember that we as attackers have the initiative, we know exactly what we are going to do, while the enemy is ignorant of our intentions and can only parry our blows. We must retain this tremendous advantage by always attacking rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, and without rest." - General George S. Patton, Jr.
First: Alienware invite code giveaway (for new players only) can be found here - if any of you are starting a new account, it contains 1000g, 5 days premium and 100k credits. 8000 of them are left.
- the physics bugs (SS: flying tanks when clipping into certain objects,
the infamous "turning on the spot") are considered very rare, fixing
them has low priority
- if the client gets disconnected (shut down), extended results of the
fight become inaccessible. This is intentional to save up on data
transfer: "there is no point to transfer data when the client is shut
- IS-4 with D-25T is the historical tank setup, its historicity being about the only advantage this setup offers
- one of the big things the developers are working on right now are the esports functions
- when a tank is coming directly at you, it's possible to detrack it by
shooting anywhere in the frontal track part, not just into the wheels
- the new prepared sound engine will bring improved sound overall
- WoT on consoles? "If there is ever such a thing, it'll be kept separate from PC WoT server-wise"
- according to SerB, the new tier 9 tanks (those with high penetration) are balanced fine and are historical
- the only Japanese tank already modelled is the Chinese Chi-Ha
- Japanese hightier tanks will be unique (not similiar to any other
nations) (SS: from what I could tell, the heavies will be very large,
heavy, less armored than Maus, but possibly better armed)
- in first Japanese patch, cca 19 tanks will be introduced
- SerB states that even on the same tank, when using removed speed
governor, one vehicle can get its engine yellow in different times,
because the removed speed governor damages the engine only when the
engine works outside its nominal horsepower boundaries. It cannot be
detected by player whether it's really working or not, this is
- Storm on armor: "Everything is almost okay with armor now. But in order to make it totally okay, we will be taking measures in 0.8.6. What measures - will tell later." (SS: bold font used by Storm himself)".
- Storm sees the problem with heavily armored tanks in their low popularity and limited playability.
- this year there will be new camos for Germans implemented
- female voices for WoT are not planned
- US tier 7 or 8 premium TD, Russian tier 6 premium arty? "If necessery"
- it's not realistic to expect retroactive medal awards
- Aufklärungspanzer Panther "will get a Mk.103 30mm cannon if the
players who ask for it find a proof such a cannon was planned for it -
really was planned, not just "could fit"", statistically it's fine
according to SerB
- Batchat arty shell velocity was not nerfed
- apparently, Matilda BP was not changed lately (SS: some player complained about lower toughness of frontal armor)
- when a module is damaged - but not damaged enough to reach a yellow
status, it is not repaired. Module autorepair activates only when the
module is yellow (50 percent HP) and works until its HP reaches 50
- wet stowage module works by simply adding more HP to the ammorack
module, that's why the ammorack module gets yellow later. Cyclone filter
works on the same principle.
- apparently there is a bug on the new Pearl River map, some players experience nasty fps drops when playing it
- new ammo types (for example incendiary) are still planned, but works on them have not yet begun
- Q: "Will there be a tank heavier than 200 tons in game?" A: "Ratte won't be implemented"
- gas turbines won't be implemented (SS: damn, I really hoped for the GT101 at some point)
- woodgas engines (used by German for training tanks) and steam engines
(allegedly there was a steam-powered KV) won't be implemented
- track module HP of T-62 was not increased in 0.8.5
- no info yet on the new tier 10 vehicles
- Q: "What about the difference between Russian and European gift shop offers?" A: "Envy is bad."
- if a player meets SerB in battle and teamdamages, blocks or swears at him, we will get banned
- removed speed governor consumable doesn't remove a fixed amount of hp
per second, it removes a percentage of HP - eg. addind cyclonic filters
doesn't make the engine turn yellow later according to SerB
- winter maps will come soon, more desert maps will come... not so soon
- sixth sense is not bugged, it lights up correctly, according to SerB
cases where you get damaged when not lit up can be caused by blind fire
- physical shells (with mass) aren't planned, not even for rocket tanks like Sturmtiger
- SerB confirmed that players will be banned for the "modpack" (SS: the stuff I posted about earlier)
- in future, it will be possible for various server clusters (Americans,
Europeans, Russians, SEA) to fight each other via a "roaming" system
- the Japanese superheavy (SS: tier 10) tank weights 140 tons
- the info about VK2002DB comes "from the Germans"
- "smooth ride" perk doesn't make shells fall near the center of the aim circle more often, the distribution is always the same
- Storm is aware of the cheat mod issue, WG is investigating it.
Measures will be taken - it's not however yet decided what kind of
measures, they are still discussing it. According to Storm, the cheats
in the modpack are "not really that terrible".
- one of the cheat solutions considered is a portal with "certified" mods - only certified mods would then work with the game
- 2-3 reworked maps have (arty cover) problems, one of the problematic maps is Highway
- according to Storm, most players like the new map, it won't be taken down
- devs considered the possibility to transfer free XP to crew XP, but refused because they feel it's "pay to win"
- it's not known for now whether the amount of XP needed to train skills/perks will be reduced
- Storm does see the lack of high-end content as a problem, WG is working on it
- 8.6 will bring a solution for ride over bumpy terrain affecting the aim circle spread too much ("gun jumping")
- no "leagues" will be implemented
- the rate of tanks being implemented has been reduced roughly two times
- WG is pretty pissed about the Nvidia-caused bugs
- 0.8.6 will introduce a "hot feature" regarding game optimalisation
- deathmatch won't be introduced
- 25 percent random factor won't be reduced
- sort of "battle miniquests" for players are planned (SS: no details,
but what I understand from the context, it's something like "kill X
tanks of type Y")
- in 8.6, heavily armored tanks in general will be changed (SS: as in buffed)
- in 8.6, "there will be changes in armor mechanics"
- Storm agrees that the social aspect of the game is underdeveloped
- there will be more attempts to introduce "fair environment" and "fair play"
- 7 vs 7 battles will be implemented (SS: 7/42)
- looks like Storm isn't too hot into the (WarThunder) garage battle
mode (SS: as in when you die in one vehicle, you enter the same battle
in another) - "what if you enter a garage battle and in first minutes
you realize your teammates are retards and you will have to lose several
of your vehicles?
- according to WG data, Lorraine and Batchat did historically have a crew of 3, it won't be changed
- tank-to-tank matchmaker (SS: as in "one IS-7 can only be matched to another IS-7", eg mirror teams) won't be implemented
- the decal size and color change won't come anytime soon
- there will be no special servers without gold ammo implemented
- tank armor will be rebalanced "when necessery, opinion of players about it is not taken into account"
- all the Chinese guns implemented developed the end of the 70's are
Soviet copies or developed based on Soviet originals. After that, the
Chinese started copying the West. However, you can't read about this
anywhere for now - Chinese development is rather secret.
- there is no special coefficient implemented into the game, that would
somehow average the XP gain of good and bad players, such averaging is
done by general vehicle balance
- Jagdpanther II gun/mantlet model is not bugged, it can be penetrated
- Chinese tank destroyers might come this year, depends on the Chinese research partners
- Chinese SU-100 copy might appear in their TD tree, again depends on the Chinese partners
- according to SerB, the machinegun miniturret on Jagdpanzer E-100 was
ordered specifically by Hitler (SS: can't remember, but there was some
crap around that... I think it was removed because it messed with
loading in the end, not sure)
- the bottom of the T110E4 turret is very thin, 20mm or so
- apparently the Redshire map won't be taken down for re-work
Thanks to *anonymous guy* for showing me that livejournal.ru post - you
guys should really sign so I know who to thank occasionally :)
So, I think we do know another part of what will come in 0.8.6: equipment rebalance. See further.
- so, the Russian (yet another) World of Tanks ripoff is getting sued by Wargaming for plagiarism (SS: TBH, quite rightfully so)
- the devs did think about limiting the maximum amount of gold ammo carried by a tank, but decided not to do it in the end
- T32 and M46 are considered balanced
- when setting the landscape on minimum settings, you might get
glitches, such as shells flying into the ground because on higher
setting, there is some terrain mold or something, which is invisible in
lowest settings. The reason for it was that the developers discovered
that on some very weak computers, players modified the ingame settings
manually in game files to reach the same thing: a significant FPS
increase. That's why it was implemented officially, despite the fact it
can cause terrain bugs. Storm states that if this setting is too buggy
for you (despite the fact Wargming fixed the worst bugs), move the
landscape graphics setting up one point.
- an engine can catch fire on any damage (above some - small -
threshold, f.x. lowtier machineguns and autocannons), it doesn't have to
be yellow to catch fire
And now Storm's answers from the livejournal post:
- detailed armor scheme for each tank will eventually be implemented into the hangar
- breakable objects that cause vehicles to slow down a lot (fences, walls) will be fixed
- railways will be "sunk" into the ground so they don't limit tank movement in any way
- the base structure (SS: that crap in the middle of each base that blocks shells) won't be removed
- the mechanism for (AP/APCR) shells to actually punch thru soft cover
(fences, etc.) instead of being eaten by it will be implemented in
0.8.6, but the covers itself will be fixed in separate patches (SS: eg.
the mechanism will be only programmed, but not activated)
- spall liner will be re-made in 0.8.6 (it will be different for various
tanks, it will absorb from 15 to 30 percent HE/ramming damage)
- there will be "other options" for those who fear arty (artyphobes)
- the Chinese Type 100 tank destroyer is nothing else but a Soviet
SU-100, license-manufactured (or perhaps only imported to) in China
- some time ago, the game mechanics allowed the engine to burn after any
hit (regardless how small), it was changed (a threshold for needed
damage per hit was added) because lowtier vehicles burned too much after
being hit by rapidfire autocannons
- the Maus speed was set "according to the data coming from its developers"
Storm confirmed this is completely correct - a player called Crueldwarf explains how the mantlet works:
This post was related to the tier 8 medium tank mantlets (specifically
Indienpanzer mantlet thickness whine). Basically, all tanks have "empty
space" (a zone with very thin armor) behind their mantlet, as
demonstrated by the picture above. The difference is, Pershing has much
thicker mantlet than other tier 8 meds and T-44 has only a small "empty"
space behind the mantlet.
Basically, Pershing second turret has a 203mm thick mantlet in the
center and 57mm thick on the rims, but the rims overlap with the turret
armor that is 101mm thick, making the armor there 158mm thick in effect.
The thickest parts (where the mantlet center overlaps with the turret
armor - very thin), the armor is 304mm thick.
The T-44 (both turrets) has only a 120mm thick mantlet, but the "hole"
behind it is relatively small. Only the center of the mantlet is
completely penetrable. The rims that overlap with the turret armor make
the armor effectively 240mm thick - and that is difficult to break.
The Indienpanzer has a 130mm thick mantlet (in the center), but the hole
behind it is very large. Additionally, the mantlet rims are only 100mm
(inner rim) and 55mm (outer rim, as shown on the picture) thick. The
huge "hole" is the price to pay for very good elevation and depression.
In effect, only a very small part of the mantlet is cca 170mm thick, the
rest (notably the center) is 120-130mm thick. Generally, the mantlet of
the Indienpanzer is very thin for its size.
- 0.8.6 confirmed to come out in June 2013 (on RU server anyway)
- there is no difference between early (pre-war), wartime and post-war armor quality in game
- there will be some upcoming changes in mods (SS: related to the new
artillery hack mod), "follow the news" (SS: one proposed solution was a
"mod certification", without which the mod won't be accepted)
- the fact that when your game client crashes and your tank gets
destroyed by leaving the battle even if the victory is certain (for
example, last enemy tank just died) resulting in a loss/draw is fine
according to devs
- US "Hunter" tank destroyer won't be implemented
- SerB regarding the players actually being able to make money while
using exclusively tier 5 gold derp shells: "Good players have the right
not to lose credits while shooting gold shells. And the bad players must
either train harder or not use gold shells at all."
- if you dismissed some crews until now, you won't get them back even if
the option to buy back the dismissed crews is introduced, because data
about them are not being stored
- Q: "We want better quality models" A: "Want realism? Join the army."
- the next global update (SS: as big as for example the patch that introduced physics) will be 0.9.0
- no plans to introduce 100 percent crew training for credits
- if you experience lag when switching from arcade to sniper mode and
vice versa, apparently your computer is at fault, there is no such bug
- it's possible that there will be some special company-level archivements ("awards") implemented in time
- devs do track the amount of various tanks sitting in player garages
- tier 10 Chinese vehicles are doing fine statistically
- Historical battles will come eventually. Hardcore mode: "Want hardcore? Join the army."
- maps bigger than 1x1 introduction is limited by the existence low-end player computers
- German M10 Panther will recieve the US Star as its emblem instead of the cross, it's planned
- apparently no special steps will be taken to increase the amount of
less popular tanks, such as the Minimaus, Maus, FV4202 etc.
- when rebalancing tanks, the opinion of players is not taken into account
- ingame VK2801 is not related in any way to Daimler Benz
- Japanese tree: "when it's done it's done"
- the amount of free XP gained each battle automatically will not be increased
- Q: "Have the Spitfires been uncovered in Myanmar?" A: "No.
Unfortunately the comrade who pulled us into that enterprise turned out
to be no comrade at all."
- regarding the "digital" Chinese camouflage: for now there are no plans
to introduce such a camouflage pattern for other nations
- the lowtier tank map limit doesn't apply to tank tiers, but rather
battle tiers (SS: eg. M22 Locust can get to Westfield, as demonstrated
by the asking Russian player)
- apparently, the Chinese will have a "Type 100" tank destroyer with
either a 100mm or 122mm Chinese gun (SS: absolutely no idea what this is
about, I have never seen such a tank mentioned anywhere, but SerB was
recently on a meeting with players, maybe it's some reference from
there, will ask the guy who asked the question in first place)
- it's possible there will be a second British medium branch implemented (what will be its tier 10 is unknown)
- "superpremium" accounts (that would give twice as big bonuses as
regular accounts) are not planned, as to the other proposed PA buffs:
"no comment for now"
- SerB states that there will be no more "pay to win" in the game, WG is
focusing on selling comfortable levelling up, but it's just fine if you
play for free
- SerB: "the option to change the account e-mail lowers the account's security level"
- according to SerB, the Indienpanzer frontal upper/lower armor meeting point is not bugged
Very few info coming lately
- when fuel tank module HP drops to zero, they caught automatically on
fire (SS: some player mentioned a case where they were "destroyed", yet
- the only thing that influences the drowning countdown is the height of
the hull ("if I recall correctly") (SS: in other words, hermetically
sealed tanks have no advantage when going into water)
A few things Overlord mentioned in his latest post:
- Overlord states that it's not clear what should be done to improve the quality of average gamers
- significant 8.6 general arty rebalance confirmed
- tier 9 and 10 profitability won't improve
- Overlord and other community people do realize the failure of EU Q&A in mind, Overlord stated:
"True that, people are not equal -
they have different (cultural, family, etc) backgrounds and abilities
so they can't be treated equally - that's why you shouldn't bash on
Serb's style of communication for instance. Adding to that, we, as a
developers (speaking only for devs here), have extremely limited
resources in terms of communication. Yup, English, ofc can be covered -
that wouldn't be a problem, but probably no more. And smth is usually
better than anything. So, generally speaking, language treatment could
be slightly different, e.g. basic set of languages would get standard
support while English-speaking resources could provide smth more."
translation would probably do for starter, it wouldn't be a professional
way of doing things. I admit there are issues with the current
workflow. I'm still hoping for improvements that should follow after our
San Francisco meeting back in March. There should be place for direct
- historical battles should contain PVE elements
- CW's are planned to be revamped to "involve more players" (SS: on RU
server there is a talk of Clanwars being changed so huge clans and
alliances are not dominating anymore)
If you feel like it, leave Overlord your feedback on 8.5, but please, be polite... thanks :)
SerB's night session turned out to be quite a trollfest
- the main skill indicator will remain the winrate according to SerB, value of the player won't shift towards for example XP per battle or accuracy
- exact mechanism of teamkilling penalties won't be disclosed, so players don't invent was how to exploit it
- according to SerB, the base capture time is the same on all encounter mode maps (SS: according to several reports, there might be a bug, making the Prokhorovka encounter base capturable too fast), but this bug will be investigated... eventually
- the re-worked regular fire extinguisher will make the vehicle on fire "tick" a bit before engaging, modules will be damaged just like it is now
- historical battles won't contain top tier vehicles at first
- entire game style (mechanics) won't be fundamentally changed in the future
- the balance between T-44 and T-34-2 122mm guns is fine according to SerB (SS: the Chinese gun reloads cca 3 seconds faster)
- IS-7 won't get a "historical" ROF buff
- according to SerB, player proposals are considered, but players mostly propose crappy ideas
- drowned tanks are more expensive to repair, because drowning destroys all modules and those cost credits to repair too
- Q: "Will there be premium tanks with autoloaders?" A: "If needed. And we decide what is needed without players having to agree with us."
- Q: "Will Wargaming under SerB develop a walking mech game?" A: "If needed. And Viktor Kisliy decides what's needed."
- apparently, the T57 Heavy with gold rounds being overpowered is only a marginal issue ("What a horror...")
- Q: "Leopards at tier 9 and 10 suck" A: "Don't play Leopards"
- the delay between the base capture and end of battle won't be removed, it's there intentionally
- alternative medium branch for Americans, French and Soviets confirmed, "when it's done it's done"
Sorry, today it's just a bunch of trollstuff:
- Q: "Why are people with less than 1000 games played driving around in
Object 907?" A: "I beg for forgiveness that we forgot to consult with
you the criteria for distributing the test vehicles and the testing
- when SerB is playing, he carries cca 10 golden shells with him and
shoots them when needed, but Victor Kisliy is apparently shooting gold
shells all the time: "He's not a poor man, he can afford it"
- Q: "Will you introduce account unification? I am asking because a
friend of mine moved abroad and I use his account" A: "People ask for a
long time about this option. That is people like account hackers, greedy
players, who want to transfer tanks exclusive to newbies to their main
account and people breaking the EULA, like you and your friend. What do
you think, should we grant their request? :)"
As for that twat reviving the old Q&A thread on the EU forums, up to
you, whether you want to read your news there or not, but that guy is
one of the butthurt Czech trolls and one of the worst pieces of shit
from CZ forums (and that's something already), and since I've been
getting some "nice" Czech fanmail lately again, you can imagine what is
the motivation behind the thread necromancy.
Just a quick pre-midnight batch
- 88mm L/71 did not fire HEAT projectiles
- armored cars apparently won't appear
- Soviet D-25 gun won't get "historical" accuracy (SS: it was more accurate than it is depicted in the game)
- AMX ELC won't get a fully traversable turret
- player's won't apparently be "forced" to watch the training videos
Nothing else for today guys.
- the option to restore sold tank crews after you get your account back
(if you become a victim of account theft/hacking) will be implemented
- there will be a protection from accidental crew dismissal implemented, but not soon
- today's RU server minipatch doesn't cause 8.5 replays not to run (SS: not sure this concerns EU/NA)
- the possibility to load the autoloader with various shell composition (SS: for example 2 AP and 3 HE) will not be implemented
- the possibility for players to make maps won't be implemented: "To be
original and interesting is not enough, they have to be worked-on. And
to search amongst the thousands of "my school and house" map proposals
for one decent proposal and to polish it for gameplay on top of that is
much more expensive than to make the map ourselves"
- the M4A2E4 Sherman elevation/depression rollback in 0.8.5 (from 0.8.4
values back to 0.8.3) happened correctly: the depression was returned to
the old one too (from -5 to -10), it was just forgotten in the
- according to devs, Maus is doing fine statistically. It will be buffed
just a bit (not significantly) and it won't happen too soon, the buff
has low priority
- premium tier 8 vehicles won't come in first half of 2013, but in second they will
- Serene Coast and Komarin will return in 2nd half of 2013, they will both be changed a lot
- Sexton was moved to 8.6, because just like the rest of the arty it will be rebalanced
- all arty vehicles will be completely rebalanced in general
- in 8.6, Pearl River will not be removed for re-work
- in 8.6, new vehicles will be unlocked if you unlocked the same tier pre-8.6 vehicle, because "it's more fair like that"
- devs are considering the possibility to retrain the crew members to another role (SS: for example radioman into a loader)
- a whole page of Storm's answers was dedicated to moaning about the
VK3001/3002 HL210TRM engine, apparently, there is some bug in RU client
- LeFH18B2 MM spread was not changed in 0.8.5
- apparently, there were some problems with balancing the light tanks,
so they decided to disable that MM part, so for now the scout MM is
identical to the one pre 0.8.5
- apparently in distant future, lowtier vehicle battles will be implemented into the CW's somehow
- the visual model change of the T5E1 gun in the T123 and T136 T29 turrets is possibly historical (Storm is not sure)
- T18 model will not be changed apparently
- it's theoretically possible that in 0.8.6, new battletiers are introduced
- the missing WoT crew was one of the initial WoT decisions
- used shell casings flying off from the tanks are not planned
- M1921 won't be introduced into the game for now
- there might be rewards implemented for old players after all, "no comment for now"
- there might be new winter and desert newbie maps (such as Himmelsdorf, Malinovka etc.) introduced, but not anytime soon
- in 0.8.6, champion companees will get the possibility to include arty
up to (and including) tier 8, but they probably won't get a tier point
- if a scout spots the enemy vehicle, arty aims at it, but the vehicle
stops being spotted by the scout, the scout and the arty will share the
kill XP, if the target is destroyed in 5 seconds from disappearing,
after that the arty gets everything
- arty shells damage will change in 0.8.6 "if necessary"
- current maps might eventually get various seasons' versions (for example winter Steppes etc.)
- the bug where you can't close personal chat in garage was not fixed
0.8.5, nor is a micropatch planned to fix that bug specificall
- the Nvidia card bugs are still there (crashes etc.), the problem is "of system nature"
- this year more maps are planned for introduction
- it's possible clan management will get new options
- the fact Leopard Prototyp A is missing Leopard 1's engine is okay, the engine is supposed to be unique