"In landing operations, retreat is impossible, to surrender is as ignoble as it is foolish. above all else remember that we as attackers have the initiative, we know exactly what we are going to do, while the enemy is ignorant of our intentions and can only parry our blows. We must retain this tremendous advantage by always attacking rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, and without rest." - General George S. Patton, Jr.
New invite code (works only for new accounts): WGGEAR (source: wot-news.com)
Will give new player a Panzer 38H ("Micromaus"), 1000 gold and 3 days of premium account.
- developers are aware of the bug where when a tank goes over a bridge
(for example in the Port map) or rails (Ensk for example), the tank
loses a lot of its dynamics, it will be fixed
- portable version of World of Tanks is not planned for now
- all the maps in the Encounter mode have the same base capture time
- in 8.5, game graphics weren't touched, only the dust/smoke effects have been re-worked for better performance
- the German inscriptions "Gott mit uns" and "Für Kaiser, Gott und Vaterland" won't appear, Soviet "On Berlin" might
- new "escort" mode is not planned for now
- the M6A2E1 "Alien" tank has lower moneymaking ability than other
premium tanks of the same tier (SS: unofficially, by 20 percent),
because it doesn't "count" as a premium tank
- 8.5 patch has for some reason made waiting times for random battles longer (50 seconds for arty), will be checked
- Maus engine was changed to gasoline, there is a rumor going around
that this will cause bigger chance of fire. It is however not true.
- if your tank dies and you don't have enough credits to repair it, you
won't be able to remove the crew from it (and move it for example to a
premium tank). This is intended.
- Pearl River (new 8.5 map) does not have a bigger chance to be selected
than other maps. In the past, new maps used to have a bigger chance to
"drop" for players for a while, but this has been cancelled
- the drop chance for the Assault and Encounter mode has not been
changed, but as some of the players have been complaining about too many
of these modes dropping when enabled, it will be re-checked
- various tier 10 medium tanks have various gun shell velocities
- the subcaliber and regular ammo on the same gun has identical
velocities (they have been made equal), so the aim wouldn't have to be
changed when you switch ammo in battle
- in 8.5, Ruinberg streets were not fixed... again. They will be fixed eventually, as it "did not fit" the 8.5 patch
- the reason for the current company tiers (resp. for the fact there are
no tier 3,5,7,9 companies) is that the devs don't want the company
players to be stretched too thing, as it would be harder to put together
a company than it is now
- the decision for the Champion company to include LT8 and Arty6 was arbitrary
- it is not yet decided, how will company arty tiers change in 8.6 (vehicles are still being balanced)
- WG doesn't publish additional info (such as modular damage etc.), because most players would only get confused
- it is "completely possible" the armor penetration indicator will take effective armor into account in future
- the reason KV-5 is doing now better than months ago statistically is
the introduction of gold ammo for credits, it helped balance its
- starting from 8.5, it will not be possible to kill a crew of the open-topped vehicle without damaging the vehicle itself
- the penetration value of each shell is determined upon hitting the
target with it, damage value is determined after it is "decided" by the
engine that there will be a damage caused
- all WG series games (tanks, planes, ships) will be accessible using one account
- the fact tier 9 tanks don't really fit into companies or clanwars is okay according to devs
- there are no plans for special rewards for unlocking a full branch
- 100 percent crew training for credits won't be introduced
- T-44 gun mantlet is easy to penetrate when aiming at the center of it,
as there is a hole behind it. When you aim at the rims of the mantlet,
there is the turret armor behind it and it's much more difficult to
- reload timer will be implemented into the game
- shell prices will be generally rebalanced, penetration will be taken into account when making new ones - not just damage
- Sand River has new Assault mode (the bases and spawnpoints were changed)
- apparently, matchmaker can occasionally drop tier 10 vehicles into tier 8 battles, it will be investigated
- changes in artillery gameplay are not ready, 8.6 will contain "only" arty rebalance
- 0.8.6 will not contain British or Chinese arty
Also, the feedback on the "Q&A experiment" (specifically the moaning
in PM's and the mails I recieved) convinced me I won't be doing
anything like that anytime soon... or rather, ever.
- the Stalingrad map will appear on World of Tanks (not soon), there
might be some famous landmarks (such as the Tractor plant, Pavlov house,
the Children dance sculpture)
- it takes several man-months of work to create a medium-sized map
- there is a limit as to how many tank emblems can be implemented into the game, it's related to performance
- A39 Tortoise is doing fine statistically
- British arty branch is not yet completed
- IS-4 track mudguards are not part of the armor model, they never were
- it's not possible to make an arty hardcap only for some battletiers
- apparently, SerB said on recent community meeting in Kharkov that Maus
will recieve a hitpoint buff, its gun however won't be buffed. It will
happen in one of the following patches.
- it is confirmed that penetration will be taken into account when deciding the shell price, how exactly is not sure yet
- M6A2E1 counts as "promotional tank", eg. not as a premium one
- 2x2km maps are not developed, definitely won't come this year, but eventually in distant future they will appear
- currently, no artillery gameplay changes are planned
- armor penetration indicator shows the ability to penetrate that given armor at 100 meters
- one-color camouflage (essentially tank color change) is not planned for now
- 7/42 format will not be used in CW
- there are plans for alternative endgame mode, apart from CWs and garage battles
- RU251 (tier 8 German LT) will not come in 0.8.6
- devs thought about implementing a gold ammo for credits hardcap (for
example only 1/3 of the total ammo capacity could be loaded with them),
but decided not to do it for now
- tanks in garage interface ("carousel") will be completely reworked
- devs haven't thought yet about the "cloud storage" system á la BF3
- caps and keyboard language indicator will be implemented for the password screen
- it is not planned to change the French autoloaders so they can be reloaded only when the vehicle is standing still
Oyashiro-sama’s curse still lives to this day as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been confirmed for a new project in 2013 – a short-story once bundled with the “Daybreak” game, “Outbreak”, is coming soon.
The main pair of questions now surrounding this next upcoming work
Hello there friends of moddb. Another juicy blog for those with the patience to read through!
Recently I have been opening my mind more and more. Yes, you see all of those things that represent sarcasm and stupidity that's supposed to make you laugh, and gut gripping scenes that I found myself scared shitless of. I suppose I can refer to myself as the fool of moddb. I have 800 friends(What have I done?), of which about 50 are loyal. For the 50 loyal friends, thank you for being great personalities on this growing website and showing your thought on the content that I have been posting. I must admit, when I showed up on the scene 2 and a half years ago, I was little more than a clueless gamer. I had been watching this website 3 years before then(5 years total), and the website really has grown with the amount of unique new members revealing themselves. Now, no society is perfect, that is a fact, but this can really be considered the(Unknown) mysterious network home for me. Yes, we all have real lives and families to support and care for, but the world is expanding. Yes, there is much corruption in the world, politics, world hunger, senseless killings. This is a place to escape the bullshit atrocities of the world and post what YOU are interested in, and what work that YOU have been developing. This website gives you that true sense of freedom that lacks in the real world. Anything could go out at any moment, you never really know when something big is going to occur. But, enjoying it is something I have always looked forward to. Unlike corrupted websites like Youtube, this is a place where you can show your personality without having to worry about personal information. This is a website where you share your interests and aid to develop new communities. Gaming is really just something to escape the world we live in. Every single one of you know what I am rambling about. Gaming is our emotions, imagination, skills shown on the pixelated world. There isn't any constant flame wars, no trolls who have been hurt in the past and decide to take out anger on innocents, no anything that's negative. If someone slips up and says something offensive(I think we have all experienced that), then the comment is buried and forgotten about while the poster learns from his or her mistake and builds on it to become better. This is a website about user creation. The true art of this world. The art of which you can play, watch, create, relive. It's all here. I constantly run into enthusiastic project builders, and then I run into ones who are burnt out. That's a downfall. Some people overwork. They don't get paid. They become the artists they are from sheer personal experience with the aid of tutorials. They may lack free-time, or are simply sick of criticism. My response to this is to take a break, explain the issue, allow the people to understand what may be the wrong thing to do. To go back on the bright side, I am once again actively involved in this community. I will occasionally go on hiatuses because of the reason that everyone here has, real life. I however have stuck with this community since I first discovered it 5 years ago. Really, this blog is just me rambling about the site and how it has grown and matured. There will always be negative things wherever you go, but this site minimizes that worry. As for my fellow watchers and friends, thanks for sticking with me. I know who you guys are, the ones who actually give a shit about my content on here. I'm not going to list off names, but you all know who you are, and you have my complete thanks, so yeah, you guys are awesome.
I really let a few projects go for a while due to becoming interested in other things. I will begin modding when I regain interest, which may not be for a while. I have absolutely no interest in it, as I have grown tired of it simply because the process has become old. What else? Well, I have hit a stump. I do not know how to end this off as I was just rambling my thoughts, so I will just end by posting up the awesomest videos ever of world of tanks.
He-ya folks, it's been a few months since I did a blog. This time, I'm reviewing the awesome but underplayed, realistic World War 2 modification Battlegroup '42 which was made for the legendary game Battlefield 1942, and greatly expands detail, historical accuracy and fun, while still balancing the game-play. Grab yourself a Pz VI Tiger and listen to the awesome roar of the Maybach engine doing its job. Smash your German foes with the mighty 122mm cannon on the IS-2. Experience the battles that started it all, like steaming across the field in the Char B1 Bis Super Heavy tank, where there's nothing at the time to match it. Overall, this is the best WW2 sim I have ever experienced, not because of the outrageous graphics, but because of the depth at which the fine developers worked so hard to bring to you. Over 150 different types of toys to play with on the ground, 60 in the skies, 80 small arms, and a massive assortment of historical maps, 150 and counting. I recommend this War simulation, as it needs players to try the awesome toys at their disposal. The textures on the German tanks are fantastic to say the least, and thank all of the fine modellers for investing days to make quality models, mappers for quality maps, and textures for quality textures. Moddb.com
If you guys want to play an awesome fps C&C 3 game, then this is for you.
It's of course based off of Renegade and the Sage engine, but it's really a gem of a game. It's not a full version, and there isn't a great deal of players on it, but it has already become one of my favorites. The game play is balanced, the graphics are as good as it gets for an older engine, bring the engine up to speed with HQ AA, 16x Filtering, etc. when set on high. It's hard to have connection problems. My connection isn't great right now, but I don't lag at all connection wise. To end this, it needs more players. The multiplayergames community is a great example of devotion to unique and well developed projects. If you want to experience a great fps base on Command & Conquer 3, this is the best example on the web. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it.
Hiya folks. Yes I'm back from a very long break(Too many I suppose but computer time has been a rarity until now)
Anyways, I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks, and I have one thing to say...EPIC.
The thing is that I hate that it takes a very long time to get anything. I want better tanks, not to endure crap tanks for a few months. I wish it was like the test servers. Even that takes a while when you get to tier 7. 10x xp and credits makes me want to cry and say...WHY THE HELL DO THEY DO THIS TO US?! I love the game, but I'm always low on credits. I never cheat, but it really makes me want to hack the damn money system. That's all I want is to have easy money, but hell, I'll stick to the damn test servers for that.
What I've been using on the 7.5 test is French heavy tanks. They go from being slow and heavily armored with shit guns to high tech tanks that go 70 and have paper armor. Maybe I should stick with German and American. French tanks are getting too weak and weird for my standards. I love having 200mm frontal, it really comes in handy.
And that ends my blog, me hating World of Tanks for making it take too long to go through all tiers. And anyone who legitly gets to tier 10 is a massive nerd.
I thought it was about time to post another blog...my activity level went from 27 to 28(Damn it!)
Anyways, I haven't been on moddb for more than a few minutes at a time the past 3 weeks or so. One factor is Easter vacation, a 10 day break. That went by fast...too fast. Went to the zoo, biked around a local lake, jogged a few miles every few days, and that was about it. For the past few years, I've taken a great interest in Baseball. I'm content on joining a league(I'm a late bloomer) and I've been content on practicing my bat. My aim is to become a power hitter, and there's a showing potential for that. I haven't gotten the chance to practice with my throwing and accuracy much, but I've already been complimented for having a bazooka of an arm(Though I really need to work on accuracy.) The Brewers are slumping, having almost the same exact record as they did last year at this time. Once they wake up, I'll hope for them to go 102-61 and their first World Series win. They have a solid team, they just need to get their asses moving. Our players coming off the bench(Or starting one or two games a week) are the ones making progress. Aoki and Ishikawa have both been hot at the plate. Tony Plush is batting what, .142? Aramis is batting in the .140's. Ricky Weeks has been terrible. But hey, we were slumping last year at this time as well, so I'm not worried.
Other than baseball and biking and jogging, I haven't really done all too much. I recently tried Minecraft Classic, and it's fun building massive skyscrapers and such. I'll probably get the latest version.
Other than that, I really want to watch Apocalypse Now. The fact that I haven't watched it is gnawing at my gut, knowing that it's one of the greatest war movies of all time. I know it will be great, I just have to watch it.
And so that ends my blog. Just trying to get out some of the things I did while being inactive on the webs. Not that it's a bad thing, in July there's a virus that's going to be unleashed, and it wouldn't be smart to be online during that.
Hey guys. I'm going to inform you about this decent but underrated game. Basically, you create your own tank with it's own attributes, and play against other tanks(People) online. The problem is, it gets little publicity. So please, check out this game. It needs more players, and I promise you won't be disappointed!
News article on game's newest release:
Good day all! Today we released TANK@WAR version 1.2!
The new release features the following, among other things:
- Decal system; scorched earth, improved tank tracks, environment decals
- More particle effects; explosions, dust trails & smoke
- Level of detail system, for better performance
- Introducing tank kits: land mines, night vision and radar jammer
- Improved tank hangar, with a new look and a new slick metal track playing on the background
- Post processing effects
- Spectator camera, follow that bastard that shot you down previously, to get some insight in his play style
- In game sound / control options (graphical options only available in main menu)
- Some other graphical improvements
- An authentication server that players log into to play on any server
afterwards, instead of registering for each server independently
- We switched to the cAudio sound library, from irrKlang so more
platforms are supported (inc. Linux 64-bit) and because it has better
- Show the most valuable player (MVP) on the end of the game
- Using the latest Irrlicht version from trunk, noticeable FPS increase
- Server messages: You were kicked/banned/disconnected from the server
- New Destroyed tank models
- Added ability to choose audio device for sound output
- Improved normal/bump map shader
- Improved textures
- Added Bump maps to rocks and trees
- Fixed random tree generation
- Better looking tree billboards (using imposters)
- Improved hit indicator
- Fade in/out effects, transitions (e.g. on damage impact)
- More Camouflage options
- New secondary weapon models
- Improved visuals for weapons
- Ingame access to tank workshop -> tank switching
- Cloud & weather system
- No more restart required after changing some video options
- Improved networking = less lag
- Lots of small changes, improvements and bug fixes
Here are some screens
Also, we worked hard on making TANK@WAR compatible with Linux 64 bit and mac. TANK@WAR for Mac will be released later, hopefully tomorrow.
The downloads are, at the moment of writing, being authorized.
Alternatively, you can grab the client from our site: tankatwar.com
Hope to see you online soon!
Download it here: Moddb.com
This ancient bronze-gold coloured armour is that of a lost race known as the Dwemer. Calcelmo, a character in Understone Keep, has a particular interest in many of the rare Dwarven items, and will ask you to bring him any pieces of Dwarven Armor if you find them. When unimproved, Dwarven Armor is better than Iron and Steel Armor but not as effective as Steel Plate or other higher quality armors (as seen in the Smithing skill tree). The quest Unfathomable Depths, given by the Argonian From-Deepest-Fathoms in Riften, gives you a perk named Ancient Knowledge. It gives you a permanent 25% bonus to armor when wearing a full set of Dwarven armor, the perk also allows blacksmithing to increase at a 15% faster rate. At legendary quality a full set of Dwarven armor with the perk is better than the next tier of armor (Orcish) although it begins to lose ground against Ebony and Daedric.