"In landing operations, retreat is impossible, to surrender is as ignoble as it is foolish. above all else remember that we as attackers have the initiative, we know exactly what we are going to do, while the enemy is ignorant of our intentions and can only parry our blows. We must retain this tremendous advantage by always attacking rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, and without rest." - General George S. Patton, Jr.
- all the promo tanks have the same rules as the premium ones, when it comes to crew
- the AMX-13/Chaffee hybrid will go to the nation, "to which it is more convenient"
- whether it is introduced: "no comment"
- if Object 430 is ever introduced, it will be tier 10
- in the next patch, the HEAT mechanic won't be changed further, after that - "no comment"
- British tanks won't have HESH rounds replaced with HEAT
- the turret and hull hitpoint changes reason is better HP distribution when switching turrets
- 0.8.6 won't be the last 0.8.X series patch
- devs consider the "newly researched tanks get better MM" a proper thing
- T-43 lost the 100mm gun (long time ago), both because it wasn't historical and for balance reasons
- 100mm D-10T won't return to the Soviet medium tanks on tier 7
- T-43 won't get an alternative gun in the future
List of superheavy tanks (for the purpose of extra large spall liner):
USSR: KV-4, KV-5
Germany: GW E, JT88, Jagtiger, Jagdpanzer E-100, VK4502 Ausf.B, Maus, Lowe, E-75, E-100, VK7201
US: T95, T110E3
UK: Tortoise, FV215b, TOG II
- devs are permanently fighting illegal mods
- there will be no game mode without arties
- it's possible that Walker Bulldog will be implemented as the US light tank one tier higher than Chaffee
- if you have a spall liner on Maus or other superheavies installed, it
will be uninstalled automatically, changed to extra large and moved to
- 8.7 will apparently bring US rebalance + British arty (SS: earlier it
was said that 8.7 will come very soon after 8.6, possibly within 2
- 8.8 will not contain German TD's
- there is no plan to introduce decals for kills (SS: such as the German rings on barrel, or skulls like the fighter planes did)
- Storm explains the XP for detracks: "It will be only for XP, there
will be no credit bonus. The detrack bonus will be 25 percent at the
most (and not 50 percent like when lighting up).
- there will be more premium tier 8 tanks in 2013, they will be introduced gradually (not all at once)
Also, you might have noticed there are basically 0.8.6 changes out
already officially - allegedly, it's because the developers are certain
that by the time the "finished" 0.8.6 hits the last phase of supertest,
some supertester would leak the info anyway. In this sense, the leaks
worked to open the "WG kitchen" a bit more.
The EN translation is not exactly top notch either this time (for
example EN "flight velocity of shells for short mortars will be nerfed
by 50 percent" RU: "UP TO 50 percent") but it's okay. Big changes then.
Here's what Storm commented under his article.
Following changes were done to the economy - rebalance of gold shell prices:
- with each gold shell, its effectivity was considered (taking into
account its damage and penetration) and its price was changed to match
- subcaliber shells were sometimes made more expensive, sometimes cheaper
- HEAT shells were almost all made more expensive, because they proved
to be cheaper for the same performance of the subcaliber shells
- premium HE shells were practically not touched, apart from some exceptions
- dynamic camera does mean that the camera will stop that nasty twitching, when the tank is going over the railway
- there will be no special opportunity to buy new camos (camo reset + price refund)
- 0.8.6 will come in June
- the Korea map will use winter camo
- Storm has no info on the Nvidia crash bug yet
- France will (as seen on the previously released pictures) have more modern camos
- the E-100 armor nerf reason is "unification" (SS: with Jpz E-100 I think)
- railway tracks were not yet sunk into the ground (as Storm planned to do) in 0.8.6
Ugh, SerB is in fulltroll mode today.
- This applies only for RU for all I know: it's possible that e-sports
and tournaments (including Clanwars) will get their own dedicated server
with separate statistics
- Storm on the amount of rage the "First campaign" generated
(specifically the fact the reward tanks will be available only for
clanners and not good players in general, despite the fact some good
clanless players already paid a lot of money for free XP and are loyal
to the game): "Well, if you don't dare to enter a clan and prove you
play better than others - we can't help you. Loyalty has something to do
with it? What - was it necessery to give those vehicles to everyone for
free?" and "If we made the vehicles available for all random players
but with such difficult conditions that only a few thousand most skilled
players would be able to get them, you would still whine because you
still wouldn't be able to get those tanks (looking at your stats)."
- devs made the Campaign event so more players would enter clans and play the Clanwars
- devs consider the post-patch competitions ("Art of War") to be a
random equivalent of the Campaign (SS: apparently, since the devs get
allegedly thousands of questions "how do I get Type 59" every day, they
consider it an equal prize to the new T10's)
- the new reward tanks won't be stronger than the regular T10 vehicles
- there won't be a public test of those new T10's, "they have already been tested"
- SerB (SS: as an answer to a particularily dumb physics question):
"Hurry to school. Learn physics from like 6th grade. Or was it seventh?
In other words: uninstall the tanks and learn, learn, learn. And then we
wonder why our rockets are falling from the sky..." (SS: "Learn, learn,
learn" is a known Russian V.I.Lenin quote)
- SerB doesn't consider it an archievement to unlock a whole branch (or tree) to elite status
- SerB to player complaining that there will be no random rewards: "And why should we indulge your whims?"
- while an engine (or transmission) can be set on fire by ANY hit (SS:
this was limited for lowtier rapidfire autocannons to reduce the amount
of lowtier fires), the vehicle catches on fire only from completely
destroyed fuel tanks
- on the forum, according to SerB, Storm plays the "good cop" and SerB
the "bad cop" - this is a tactic they developed based on experience with
- the T10 tanks won't be available for collectors, because "you can't
get the full WoT tank collection anyway, because Panzer V/IV or KV-220
were available only as supertester rewards"
- SerB states that there were actually no developer actions, that wouldn't start a wave of forum whining
- the new T10 tanks won't count towards the expert medals
- SerB is not afraid that people with the special T10 tanks will be
teamkilled more often out of envy: "We'll ban the retards and the game
will be cleaner."
- the fact that the best players in the game are getting the new T10
tanks will be taken into account, when analyzing the stats of these
- Storm states that in order to match the same level of difficulty when
obtaining the new T10 tanks in random, the players would for example
have to have an 85 percent winrate over 1000 battles
- regarding the 0.8.6 patch, the developers are happy with the new shell distribution and won't delay the patch any further
- 2nd German TD line will come this year, possibly in autumn, but Storm is not sure yet
- there will be a really small piece of info released today on 0.8.6
- ricochet check happens before normalisation is taken into account
- when making some calculations that work with gun caliber (SS: for
example overmatch), the gun caliber and its shell caliber are always
equal (SS: eg. subcaliber shells are not taken into account)
- test 0.8.6 won't start tomorrow
- no plans for Marder II new gun
- the new T10 tanks will be (just like premium tanks) usable with crews
trained on another tanks from the same class (SS: eg. M48 crew will be
usable in M60 etc.), they won't have increased income
- according to Storm, there is a patch plan for this year till 2014 and by now, it's being followed quite accurately.
First, some more answers from Storm's article mentioned in earlier posts:
- Ruinberg streets will be made more flat in 0.8.6 (SS: this change was promised last 2 patches already)
- Marschig (another WG developer) explains the mechanics of the shell flight: "(SS: when calculating shell trajectory,) the game doesn't take air resistance, Earth surface curvature or rotation and other ballistic details into account. Shells do fly according to the physics schoolbook, chapter "movement of an object, thrown horizontally under an angle". Thus, for calculating the trajectory, you need only speed, elevation angle and gravity freefall acceleration. According to the same schoolbook, on flat surface you get maximum range when using the elevation angle of 45 degrees. The trajectory is symmetrical, eg. the elevation angle equals the impact angle.
For tank shells, the gravity freefall acceleration is 9,81. For arty shells, it works differently - the initial shell velocity ("speed") and gravity freefall acceleration can be estimated independently. It is based on an abstract artillery vehicle with maximum range of 1000m under the 45 degrees angle and the shell flight time of 4 seconds. If you - when changing the speed/velocity - want to keep the range a constant, you have to change the gravity freefall acceleration.
In other words: with the unified maximum range, the trajectory of the shell doesn't depend on muzzle velocity and is always the same.
- based on what Marschig wrote, Storm confirms that in the game, each shell has a gravity freefall acceleration parameter set independently. All tank shells have it as 9,81, with arty it varies.
- in 0.8.6, maximum range of some weapons will be changed
- in 0.8.6, some sound effects will be changed, notably: increased the difference in impact sounds between AP and HE shells, sound of tank destruction, sound of AP shells hitting hard surfaces, sound of tank getting hit by HEAT shell and sounds of tanks being hit by AP and HE shells in general
- more info on 0.8.6 changes will come on Wednesday
- the info on tier 10 reward tanks will come "later"
Regular answers from the Q&A thread:
- the 5 arty hardcap won't be removed in 0.8.6, because first the developers need to assess the impact of the patch on arty numbers
- even though SU-26 will lose its 122mm, the XP spent for it won't be reimbursed to players
- patch numbers are selected "according to our internal wishes"
- in 0.8.6, accuracy will increase both when standing and when driving around
- the chance for accuracy nerfs of already accurate guns post-0.8.6 is zero
- for now, Leopard prototype B will not be implemented into the game (as a premium vehicle), there isn't enough info on it for now
- even if the 0.8.6 patch doesn't solve the arty flood issue, stricter arty hardcap won't be implemented
- changes in Clanwars are not tied to patches, since they don't need client updates and are made online, eg. introduction of CW Seasons is not tied to 0.8.6
- the shell velocity is constant throughout the whole time of its flight
- camo will work the following way from 0.8.6 (simplified):
Old: Camo = vehiclecamo*(camoskillcalculation)*1,25*1,05 (25 percent camo net, 5 percent bought visual camouflage)
New: Camo = vehiclecamo*(camoskillcalculation) + 0,25 + 0,05
SS: in other words - in the same situation, if we take for example vehicle camo factor of 0,5 (let's disregard camo skill and the demasking while moving or shooting effect for purpose of demonstration),
Old: 0,5*1,25*1,05 = 0,65625
New: 0,5+0,25+0,5 = 0,8 (21 percent increase)
- 0.8.6 map won't be a city map, it'll be a village map
- at this moment (before 0.8.6) it's not possible to simply change the XP and cred-earning coefficient for TD's
- there will be no compensation for the difference between earlier and post-0.8.6 TD XP income
- developers don't have a "special" version of the game with detailed graphics
- 0.9.0 camouflage mechanism re-work confirmed (SS: apparently even Russian players now take FTR as a source, I am glad :) either way, the mechanism change announced by SerB will take into account partial vehicle cover)
- camo coefficient bonuses given by camo nets, visual camo etc. will be reworked
Well, that's it today.
I removed the "E-100 armor schematics" post, because Crazytony0 screwed
it up and I didn't doublecheck it before posting. Mea maxima culpa.
- Leopard 1 too weakly armored? "Don't play Leopard1" and "It was really
nice to troll whiners, knowing the armor thickness of this oversized
- the solution to nerf gold ammo pen and to increase its price was accepted, because "we consider out approach to be correct"
- Q: "Since there are new (German) camos being introduced, haven't you
thought about new inscriptions, such as 'Gott mit uns'?" A: "Yep. And
'Jedem das seine' and 'Arbeit macht Frei'"
- for now, there are no plans to change the upcoming Soviet tier 7 premium medium tank into something on tier 8
- details about the patch 0.8.6: "Wait for patchnotes"
- developers are not happy with the way the players communicate in game,
it is planned to "educate younger players" (Q: "And do you have plans
to educate children"? A: "Sure. Beating with belt and bread and water
diet.") (SS: here, SerB is trolling, but he also says that parents are
responsible for bringing up their children, it's not Wargaming's task to
educate players to be polite)
- premium account won't be split into active and nonactive parts (SS: a player suggested a hour-based premium account)
- if you have an arty researched and it gets moved to another tier, both
that arty and the arty it gets replaced with will be unlocked (but not
- British arty will come in one of the following patches after 0.8.6
- when you sell a tank with gold (permanent) camo, the amount of money
you get for selling it will be the same as if it didn't have any camo at
- the decision not to make an arty hardcap was taken because of the
reluctance to introduce any hardcaps in general (SS: for those who still
think it's bullshit, there is a post on EU forums about what can happen when hardcap goes wild...)
- Q: "Why is S-51 so expensive and it gets nerfed so hard?" A: "Want justice? Go to Hague tribunal."
- Q: "Why was the Chinese 121 medium tank pen nerfed in 0.8.6
supertest?" A: "We don't comment on rumors, leaks and other things
- new methods of illegal mod detection won't be disclosed
- Storm will announce the artillery accuracy changes on monday (SS:
funnily enough, Storm specifically denied WG will mess around with shell
gaussian distribution for arty, so I really wonder what's going on)
- according to SerB, the KV-1S with 152mm howitzer is not historical,
the pictures of KV-1S with a howitzer most likely show the version with a
- Although Leopard 1 is technically a MBT, it's very specific - other MBTs such as T-72 won't be introduced
- OF-40 and similiar tanks won't appear in WoT
- 0.8.6 will come roughly in 3-4 weeks from now
- Q: "Why is Jagdtiger not able to shoot enemies on 1 km distance as in real life?" A: "Want realism? Join the army."
- the L/70 on StuG III not having a muzzle brake is historical (SS:
historically, there was indeed a L/70 project "Ausf.H" to arm StuG III
with StuK 42. The superstructure however was quite different, "regular"
StuG III (even Ausf.G) wouldn't be able to carry it).
- the "2S*" Soviet SPG's (SS: such as the 2S3 Akatsyia) won't appear in game
- dynamic objects on maps will be implemented ("when it's done it's done")
- there is no "biggest maps", 24 out of 34 maps have unified size: 1200x1200m
- there will be other Sherman modifications (models) introduced into the game
- the small "bump" on the backside of the T-34 turret is a porthole for firing crew infantry weapons
- when the T-34 driver's hatch is closed (as in the game), the driver IRL cotrols the tank according to commander's directions
- the Japanese captured tanks in US tree have not been scrapped, they might appear eventually
- water has no influence on arty shell splash
First, just a thought about the European Q&A. Some time ago (specifically 24.4.2013), there was a post from Quasar, the EU "developer", saying:
35.Have you planned in the upcoming EU tech tree the
tanks from Switzerland like the PZ58, PZ61, PZ68 or the G13, an
adaptation of the Hetzer ?
No such plans.
I was like "WTF? That's not what SerB said", and I did set out to find
more. I contacted a friend, who in turn is in touch with some of
developer-tier employees directly in Minsk. He told me today that he got
told by the devs the following (direct translation):
"Regarding the Swiss, there is a very high chance they will appear,
but understandably noone will give a 100 percent guarantee".
In other words: either Quasar can't speak Russian (god knows who it is
anyway), or he's just pulling the answers out of his ass. Personally, I
find the second option likely. I'd keep this in mind when asking
questions on EU server.
Anyway, back to the translation.
- SerB on War Thunder: "Yes, I played it. But I won't make comments
about it, sorry - we'd do a lot of things differently and some
developers react very nervously on such analysis comments"
- Q: "But did you like War Thunder personally?" A: "As I said, we'd do a lot of things differently."
- premium arties of high tier won't be implemented for now
- battle parameters such as "distance travelled" or "time spent in battle" have no influence on XP/credit battle income
- all the vehicles are balanced separately, not according to some "class parameters"
- regarding the possibility of the change of rules for buying camo/decals: "It there is some, I will tell you"
- the reason for nerfing the penetration in 0.8.6 is "malice" :)
- regarding the premium tanks being able to use only gold ammo for
credits without losing money: "In such a case, they don't fulfill their
primary role - to be used for farming"
- Q: "SerB, what are you doing to do with clans copying the name of
famous clans, who have tons of copycats around?" A: "Imagine, my name is
Sergey, I thought I'd be the only one of my kind, but there turned out
to be a huge number of copycats around! How will I live from now on?!"
- it won't be possible to shoot from water (when the tank is submerged)
- Sturmtiger will be a tank destroyer, not an arty
- it's possible that when the multiturret mechanism is introduced, Churchill will have its hull gun usable
- premium modules for tanks won't be implemented
- regarding the Leopard (LT): when it was moved a tier higher, no other suitable weapons were found for it than the 30mm Mk103
- according to SerB, there is no "ideal setup" for a game, because there are differences in maps, tactics and player skills
- according to SerB, when balancing classes (except for LT's), average damage doesn't have to be the same for all classes
- according to SerB, the reasons (altogether) for not introducing thanks
beyond the 60's are: composite and dynamic armor, smoothbores, fire
control systems, most tanks have similiar parameters, gas turbines...
- regarding the maximum tank render distance limits: "It's there for a
complex of reasons. Principially we could just change the scale - but
then, you will get to shoot at "dots at the horizont" - that's not very
interesting. But we are working on it."
- technically it's possible to put the gas turbine into the Panther or
Panther II, but it won't be done... for now :) (SS: Germans did
experiment with various turbines for the Panther - GT101 to GT103,
around cca 1200 -1500 hp) - however, E-50 or E-75 won't have them, it
was the Germans themselves who historically wanted to keep the regular
- ATGMs wonť be implemented
- SerB is tempted to give the T-62A the improved Object167M hull and 122mm D-83 gun
- there will be no free handout vehicles in 0.8.6
- Confirmed from supertest: developers now have a new way how to detect
present mods (illegal mods) from replays for the whole battle (eg. if
you report a cheater by a ticket, devs have a way of telling what mods
is he using) - for now it's not automatized
- devs are not consulting gameplay issues with players, because all they get is whining
- the amount of credits for losses won't be lowered and for victories
won't be increased - devs thought about it long time ago, but decided
the current balance is just fine and the company mode proved that such a
thing is irrational
- it's possible the difference between winners and losers income in companies will be lowered
- according to SerB, Gaijin War Thunder tanks don't have much chance to beat World of Tanks ("Don't hold your breath")
- with the new camos, players who already bought camos won't get gold/credits back to buy the new ones
- Storm on WoT conspiracy theories: "It's the same as in real life. Real
life also has enough conspiracy nuts. According to them, the "reds" are
to blame for everything, or the "whites", or the "greens". "
- Ersatz Panther will get the US stars, but won't get the US camos
- WoT for Linux will definitely not come. It's not decided yet, whether there will be WoT for Mac
- British arty will come this year
- it's unknown, whether the Japanese will make it this year
- 2nd German TD branch this year? "Everything's possible"
So, in 0.8.6, we will get new camo patterns. About time!
The source (wot-news) has more pictures (of the same camos), it's kinda pointless to copypaste everything here. As a summary (confirmed by Ectar, EU forums community manager):
3 new French camo's (3 summer)
3 new German camo's (2 summer 1 desert)
1 new American camo (desert)
3 new Soviet camo's (winter and 2 summer)
Confirmed: 0.8.6 will come in 3-4 weeks on RU server
- if I understand it correctly, Russian server now has a special program
- if you click "I accept", data about your computer will be sent to
Wargaming to "improve the game". According to SerB, many players
- SerB likes the WoT: Generals project, but prefers regular WoT
- damaging your tank by crashing into a stone/building is not planned
- according to SerB, snowy maps have the same tank traction as regular ones, eg. tanks don't drift more on snow... for now
- 76mm penetration on 59-16 is "historical", the 76mm gun is more or less analogical to the Soviet D-56T
- no official info on 0.8.6 for now ("will be announced officially")
- it's very unlikely old premium tanks will get an overhaul (even a visual one)
- it's confirmed that newly unlocked tanks have limited MM... unless
there is a very low number of players (for example in very early
morning), in which case this rule is suspended
- T58 Heavy will most likely not appear in the game
- it's possible Americans will get a new tier 8 LT
- there will probably be no American TD's with autoloaders (SerB: "I can't remember any")
- there will be no transfers from higher tier to lower tier in the tech
tree (SS: as in unlocking a tier 6 vehicle from tier 7 vehicle of
- if I understand it correctly, in distant future (apparently), there
will be a function implemented that players will actually recieve
credits for when they detrack enemy vehicle and the enemy vehicle gets
then damaged by others
- crewmembers dying from engine fire won't be implemented
- there is a chance even now for crewmembers to die from ramming
- 0.8.6 will bring some game optimalisation changes
- tanks flipping on their back will eventually implemented
- SerB on why premium tanks must be worse than regular ones: "We don't
sell pwnage for money. If you are a good enough player to compensate for
the premium tank disadvantages, you can both pwn and farm. Otherwise -
either you can farm, or you can pwn. And enjoyment has to be archieved
by raising your skill. Otherwise it's some kind of narcomania."
- new premium vehicles are planned
- WG employees sometimes play companies, they are "above average"
- the phenomenon of retards starting companies only to look for platoons won't be dealt with ("don't join such companies")
- if two scouts light up one enemy target, the LT getting spotting XP is the one the server declared to be first to light up
- it's possible that the Königstiger and Jagdtiger will have their max
speed buffed like the IS-7 did, but not the horsepower (eg. only applies
when going downhill)
- it's not planned for now for players to be able to buy more than one camouflage of the same kind
- in 0.8.6, arty experience will be bound to tier, eg. if you have 200k
experience on T7 vehicle, it won't be transferred with the vehicle, it
will stay on T7 regardless of whether the former T7 vehicle gets
transferred to another tier or not
- the option to select the look of your hangar has been considered, but has low priority
- 0.8.6 arty leaks? "No comment"
- the moving Panther in the tutorial was done as an "active element".
According to SerB, it's principially possible to make maps with such
things as moving trains and cars, but this won't be done for now in WoT.
- 57mm autoloaded S-60 gun is not planned for now, but it might appear
eventually, because such a gun was mounted on the PT-76, the penetration
of this gun is equal to ZiS-4 (SS: 112mm in WoT)
- new tier 8 premium MT's? "When it's done, if at all"
- according to SerB there is no connection between the illegal "warpack"
mod pack and the introduction of illegal WoT clones (SS: yes, people
ask such daft stuff)
- the tank mobility calculation won't be published, it's "very complicated"
- premium MT with autoloader? ("if we ever plan such a thing, we'll tell you")
- improved armor mechanics in 0.8.6 are "just a part of the whole"
- all servers have the same game mechanics, this won't change
- in very far future, it's possible there will be researchable tank hulls as modules
- theoretically it's possible that on one map, there could be more
variants of the same gamemode (SS: as in for example assault with the
base on various spots), but the devs will most likely do no such thing,
since the people are confused even now as it is
- tank visual models will be slowly re-made in order to prepare for the
option of tanks flipping over (for example by adding bottom escape
hatches), but this is not the deciding factor in this feature
- flipping the tanks - it's possible a part of client physics will come
earlier, but turning the tanks over is tied to client physics so it
won't come before Havok introduction
- RU251 (tier 8 German LT) will come "later"
- regular to free XP transfer for credits won't be implemented
- IS-7 mantlet doesn't have any 0-armor (bugged) spots
- T-50-2 won't apparently be replaced by MT-25 in 0.8.6
- there won't be an arty hardcap (of 3 pieces or less per team) implemented
- the 3-4 weeks for 0.8.6 is to be taken only very roughly according to
SerB, more like "not before", it's not yet even sure if the "June" date
(from Russian "In development" means a date when the test starts or
- regarding the WG staff checks to avoid leaks: "no comment"
- regarding new maps being used for assault and encounter: "we add modes on maps if possible"
- it's possible San Francisco map with Golden Gate will appear in WoT
- it's possible that at some point some maps will be made exclusively for encounter or assault, but it's not planned for now
- Supersherman and FL-10 Sherman as French premiums or even Israeli tree
possible? "All variants are possible, but we don't comment on further
- Westfield assault will return when it's fixed
- kinetic model for shells (mass) is not planned
- new game modes - not anytime soon
- French hightier premium TD's in next 2-3 patches? "Wait for announcements"
- bigger battles (30vs30 etc.) - not anytime soon
- increase of model polygons won't come this year
- regarding T10 arty rebalance: "Tests will show"
- in 0.8.6, there will likely be a bridge between KV-2 and arty branch
- historical battles are still planned, but it's too early to tell
- the steam-powered KV Yuri Pasholok found documents about had apparently around 400 brake horsepower
- SerB thinks 0.8 arty accuracy is okay
- apparently Tiger is really unsuitable to become a premium vehicle (SS: absolutely no idea why would anyone ask that)
- SerB on trolling players: "Not players, but retards. Those are different categories."
- S-51 significant nerf confirmed ("it's tied to the specifics of arty rebalance")
- there is not enough German arty vehicles for another full branch
- M7 second turret weight is okay according to SerB
- new platoon search system will be implemented
- transfers of credits from one player to another are not planned, but it's possible the gold will be transferrable
- HEAT shell damage nerf for 0.8.6? "No comment, wait for tests"
....because we all know it was only EU supertesters who leaked stuff, right? :D
Please note that the British arty vehicles and the E-25 are not scheduled for 8.6
Loyd Gun Carrier (allegedly tier 2)
Birch Gun (allegedly tier 4 arty)
M44 US Artillery
Batchat 155 (1955)
E25 premium TD
a small batch of some supertest info today. However:
1) This 0.8.6 supertest info doesn't come from from my usual source, so I cannot confirm its validity.
2) The supertester himself claims this info
might be outdated soon, because on supertest, vehicle properties are
changed between each round. It's just here to demonstrate the way
Wargaming is thinking
- arty will get a rate of fire nerf of roughly 15-40 percent: GW Panther will (with its top gun) fire once per 31 seconds
- accuracy and aiming time will be nerfed: Some examples - russian B-4
cannon had 8 sec aiming time and 0.8 accuracy as of the supertest. GW
Panther had 0.7 accuracy
- Aim dispersion on the move and while moving the gun increased by 100%
- Many arties get new stock modules.
- SU-26 loses it's 122mm cannon and gets a new 76mm one.
- Most of them get their visibility range and speed nerfed slightly.
- S-51 gun horizontal traverse nerfed from 6 degrees to each side to 4 degrees to each side
- arty tiers shifted around a lot (they are still experimenting with this, so I wouldn't take this anywhere near granted):
For American arties:
M7 Priest -> Tier III.
M37 -> Tier IV.
M40/43 -> Tier VIII.
M12 -> Tier VII.
T92 -> Tier X.
AMX 105AM -> Tier V.
AMX 13F3 -> Tier VI
Lorraine 155 50 -> Tier VII
Lorraine 155 51 -> Tier VIII
BatChat 155 - Tier X.
Hummel -> Tier VI.
Bison -> Tier III
Sturmpanzer II - Tier IV
Grille - Tier V
GW Panther -> Tier VII
GW Tiger -> Tier IX
GW Typ E -> Tier X
S-51 -> Tier VII.
SU-14 -> Tier VIII.
SU-8 -> Tier VI.
Obj. 212 -> Tier IX.
Obj. 261 -> Tier X.
Furthermore, regarding the shell changes: APCR and HEAT nerfs are apparently planned, HEAT shells might get reduced damage.
- gets kicked from T6 to T7
- top speed limited to 46km/h
- stock suspension turnrate reduced from 26 to 24, 2nd suspension turnrate reduced from 28 to 26
- gun spread caused by turning increased for both suspensions
- loading time and gun accuracy nerfed
- stock engine was removed
Lorraine 155 50
- hitpoints slightly improved
- moved one tier up
- terrain passability nerfed
- gun spread from turning increased
- turnrate improved for both suspensions
- ROF nerfed
- radios reworked
- speed nerfed (by 2km/h)
- more HP
- moved one tier higher
- both suspensions got terrain passability nerfed
- both suspensions: more gun spread from turning
- followed by SU-14 for 146k XP
- gun traverse nerfed from 6 to 4
- stock gun now has twice as much ammo and a bit better reload time
- B-4 has 25 percent higher reload time, spread and aim time increased (nerfed) by 50 percent
- mover one tier up
- maximum speed nerfed
- the suspension spread nerf is apparently planned
- moved one tier up
- agility and mobility buffed
- armor was apparently made historical
- guns weren't touched at all
- mobility nerfed a bit
- moved to tier 10
- buffed turned rate
- engines were reworked
- maximum speed was nerfed
- moved to tier 10
- added new stock suspension
- 2nd suspension had its terrain passability nerfed a bit
- turnrate was buffed
- gun spread from turning was increased by 50 percent
- viewrange nerfed to 380
- autoloader reloads 10 seconds longer
- aim time increased by 10 percent
- new stock engine
- moved to tier 10
- speed was not nerfed
- new stock suspension
- 2nd suspension has better passability in bad terrain
- influence of turning on spread increased by 50 percent
- hull turn rate buffed to 24
- view range buffed to 390
- reload time increased from 29,7 to 35
- terrain passability slightly buffed
- turnrate buffed by 2 degrees on both suspensions
- spread from rotation increased 2 times
- viewrange buffed by 10 meters
- 210mm accuracy nerfed by 1/3, reload time nerfed by 20 percent
150mm Gr.39 HE (for example Bison) - damage from 300 to 450 (HEAT stays at 300)
150mm Sprg. L. erz. (Bison) - damage from 200 to 350 (HEAT stays at 200)
122mm OF420SO (current SU-26) - damage from 270 to 420
122mm OF420SOMSH (current SU-26) - damage from 150-300
152mm 52OF500 (SU-5) - damage from 360 to 450
Other shells have not been touched for now.
Apparently HEAT shells got reduced penetration with distance added (WTF?).
First: Alienware invite code giveaway (for new players only) can be found here - if any of you are starting a new account, it contains 1000g, 5 days premium and 100k credits. 8000 of them are left.
- the physics bugs (SS: flying tanks when clipping into certain objects,
the infamous "turning on the spot") are considered very rare, fixing
them has low priority
- if the client gets disconnected (shut down), extended results of the
fight become inaccessible. This is intentional to save up on data
transfer: "there is no point to transfer data when the client is shut
- IS-4 with D-25T is the historical tank setup, its historicity being about the only advantage this setup offers
- one of the big things the developers are working on right now are the esports functions
- when a tank is coming directly at you, it's possible to detrack it by
shooting anywhere in the frontal track part, not just into the wheels
- the new prepared sound engine will bring improved sound overall
- WoT on consoles? "If there is ever such a thing, it'll be kept separate from PC WoT server-wise"
- according to SerB, the new tier 9 tanks (those with high penetration) are balanced fine and are historical
- the only Japanese tank already modelled is the Chinese Chi-Ha
- Japanese hightier tanks will be unique (not similiar to any other
nations) (SS: from what I could tell, the heavies will be very large,
heavy, less armored than Maus, but possibly better armed)
- in first Japanese patch, cca 19 tanks will be introduced
- SerB states that even on the same tank, when using removed speed
governor, one vehicle can get its engine yellow in different times,
because the removed speed governor damages the engine only when the
engine works outside its nominal horsepower boundaries. It cannot be
detected by player whether it's really working or not, this is
- Storm on armor: "Everything is almost okay with armor now. But in order to make it totally okay, we will be taking measures in 0.8.6. What measures - will tell later." (SS: bold font used by Storm himself)".
- Storm sees the problem with heavily armored tanks in their low popularity and limited playability.
- this year there will be new camos for Germans implemented
- female voices for WoT are not planned
- US tier 7 or 8 premium TD, Russian tier 6 premium arty? "If necessery"
- it's not realistic to expect retroactive medal awards
- Aufklärungspanzer Panther "will get a Mk.103 30mm cannon if the
players who ask for it find a proof such a cannon was planned for it -
really was planned, not just "could fit"", statistically it's fine
according to SerB
- Batchat arty shell velocity was not nerfed
- apparently, Matilda BP was not changed lately (SS: some player complained about lower toughness of frontal armor)
- when a module is damaged - but not damaged enough to reach a yellow
status, it is not repaired. Module autorepair activates only when the
module is yellow (50 percent HP) and works until its HP reaches 50
- wet stowage module works by simply adding more HP to the ammorack
module, that's why the ammorack module gets yellow later. Cyclone filter
works on the same principle.
- apparently there is a bug on the new Pearl River map, some players experience nasty fps drops when playing it
- new ammo types (for example incendiary) are still planned, but works on them have not yet begun
- Q: "Will there be a tank heavier than 200 tons in game?" A: "Ratte won't be implemented"
- gas turbines won't be implemented (SS: damn, I really hoped for the GT101 at some point)
- woodgas engines (used by German for training tanks) and steam engines
(allegedly there was a steam-powered KV) won't be implemented
- track module HP of T-62 was not increased in 0.8.5
- no info yet on the new tier 10 vehicles
- Q: "What about the difference between Russian and European gift shop offers?" A: "Envy is bad."
- if a player meets SerB in battle and teamdamages, blocks or swears at him, we will get banned
- removed speed governor consumable doesn't remove a fixed amount of hp
per second, it removes a percentage of HP - eg. addind cyclonic filters
doesn't make the engine turn yellow later according to SerB
- winter maps will come soon, more desert maps will come... not so soon
- sixth sense is not bugged, it lights up correctly, according to SerB
cases where you get damaged when not lit up can be caused by blind fire
- physical shells (with mass) aren't planned, not even for rocket tanks like Sturmtiger
- SerB confirmed that players will be banned for the "modpack" (SS: the stuff I posted about earlier)
- in future, it will be possible for various server clusters (Americans,
Europeans, Russians, SEA) to fight each other via a "roaming" system
- the Japanese superheavy (SS: tier 10) tank weights 140 tons
- the info about VK2002DB comes "from the Germans"
- "smooth ride" perk doesn't make shells fall near the center of the aim circle more often, the distribution is always the same
- Storm is aware of the cheat mod issue, WG is investigating it.
Measures will be taken - it's not however yet decided what kind of
measures, they are still discussing it. According to Storm, the cheats
in the modpack are "not really that terrible".
- one of the cheat solutions considered is a portal with "certified" mods - only certified mods would then work with the game
- 2-3 reworked maps have (arty cover) problems, one of the problematic maps is Highway
- according to Storm, most players like the new map, it won't be taken down
- devs considered the possibility to transfer free XP to crew XP, but refused because they feel it's "pay to win"
- it's not known for now whether the amount of XP needed to train skills/perks will be reduced
- Storm does see the lack of high-end content as a problem, WG is working on it
- 8.6 will bring a solution for ride over bumpy terrain affecting the aim circle spread too much ("gun jumping")
- no "leagues" will be implemented
- the rate of tanks being implemented has been reduced roughly two times
- WG is pretty pissed about the Nvidia-caused bugs
- 0.8.6 will introduce a "hot feature" regarding game optimalisation
- deathmatch won't be introduced
- 25 percent random factor won't be reduced
- sort of "battle miniquests" for players are planned (SS: no details,
but what I understand from the context, it's something like "kill X
tanks of type Y")
- in 8.6, heavily armored tanks in general will be changed (SS: as in buffed)
- in 8.6, "there will be changes in armor mechanics"
- Storm agrees that the social aspect of the game is underdeveloped
- there will be more attempts to introduce "fair environment" and "fair play"
- 7 vs 7 battles will be implemented (SS: 7/42)
- looks like Storm isn't too hot into the (WarThunder) garage battle
mode (SS: as in when you die in one vehicle, you enter the same battle
in another) - "what if you enter a garage battle and in first minutes
you realize your teammates are retards and you will have to lose several
of your vehicles?