Just a lone wanderer =3
Posted by ʇɐuʞɐʇǝp on May 7th, 2013
Confirmed: 0.8.6 will come in 3-4 weeks on RU server
- if I understand it correctly, Russian server now has a special program
- if you click "I accept", data about your computer will be sent to
Wargaming to "improve the game". According to SerB, many players
- SerB likes the WoT: Generals project, but prefers regular WoT
- damaging your tank by crashing into a stone/building is not planned
- according to SerB, snowy maps have the same tank traction as regular ones, eg. tanks don't drift more on snow... for now
- 76mm penetration on 59-16 is "historical", the 76mm gun is more or less analogical to the Soviet D-56T
- no official info on 0.8.6 for now ("will be announced officially")
- it's very unlikely old premium tanks will get an overhaul (even a visual one)
- it's confirmed that newly unlocked tanks have limited MM... unless
there is a very low number of players (for example in very early
morning), in which case this rule is suspended
- T58 Heavy will most likely not appear in the game
- it's possible Americans will get a new tier 8 LT
- there will probably be no American TD's with autoloaders (SerB: "I can't remember any")
- there will be no transfers from higher tier to lower tier in the tech
tree (SS: as in unlocking a tier 6 vehicle from tier 7 vehicle of
- if I understand it correctly, in distant future (apparently), there
will be a function implemented that players will actually recieve
credits for when they detrack enemy vehicle and the enemy vehicle gets
then damaged by others
- crewmembers dying from engine fire won't be implemented
- there is a chance even now for crewmembers to die from ramming
- 0.8.6 will bring some game optimalisation changes
- tanks flipping on their back will eventually implemented
- SerB on why premium tanks must be worse than regular ones: "We don't
sell pwnage for money. If you are a good enough player to compensate for
the premium tank disadvantages, you can both pwn and farm. Otherwise -
either you can farm, or you can pwn. And enjoyment has to be archieved
by raising your skill. Otherwise it's some kind of narcomania."
- new premium vehicles are planned
- WG employees sometimes play companies, they are "above average"
- the phenomenon of retards starting companies only to look for platoons won't be dealt with ("don't join such companies")
- if two scouts light up one enemy target, the LT getting spotting XP is the one the server declared to be first to light up
- it's possible that the Königstiger and Jagdtiger will have their max
speed buffed like the IS-7 did, but not the horsepower (eg. only applies
when going downhill)
- it's not planned for now for players to be able to buy more than one camouflage of the same kind
- in 0.8.6, arty experience will be bound to tier, eg. if you have 200k
experience on T7 vehicle, it won't be transferred with the vehicle, it
will stay on T7 regardless of whether the former T7 vehicle gets
transferred to another tier or not
- the option to select the look of your hangar has been considered, but has low priority
- 0.8.6 arty leaks? "No comment"
- the moving Panther in the tutorial was done as an "active element".
According to SerB, it's principially possible to make maps with such
things as moving trains and cars, but this won't be done for now in WoT.
- 57mm autoloaded S-60 gun is not planned for now, but it might appear
eventually, because such a gun was mounted on the PT-76, the penetration
of this gun is equal to ZiS-4 (SS: 112mm in WoT)
- new tier 8 premium MT's? "When it's done, if at all"
- according to SerB there is no connection between the illegal "warpack"
mod pack and the introduction of illegal WoT clones (SS: yes, people
ask such daft stuff)
- the tank mobility calculation won't be published, it's "very complicated"
- premium MT with autoloader? ("if we ever plan such a thing, we'll tell you")
- improved armor mechanics in 0.8.6 are "just a part of the whole"
- all servers have the same game mechanics, this won't change
- in very far future, it's possible there will be researchable tank hulls as modules
- theoretically it's possible that on one map, there could be more
variants of the same gamemode (SS: as in for example assault with the
base on various spots), but the devs will most likely do no such thing,
since the people are confused even now as it is
- tank visual models will be slowly re-made in order to prepare for the
option of tanks flipping over (for example by adding bottom escape
hatches), but this is not the deciding factor in this feature
- flipping the tanks - it's possible a part of client physics will come
earlier, but turning the tanks over is tied to client physics so it
won't come before Havok introduction
- RU251 (tier 8 German LT) will come "later"
- regular to free XP transfer for credits won't be implemented
- IS-7 mantlet doesn't have any 0-armor (bugged) spots
- T-50-2 won't apparently be replaced by MT-25 in 0.8.6
- there won't be an arty hardcap (of 3 pieces or less per team) implemented
- the 3-4 weeks for 0.8.6 is to be taken only very roughly according to
SerB, more like "not before", it's not yet even sure if the "June" date
(from Russian "In development" means a date when the test starts or
- regarding the WG staff checks to avoid leaks: "no comment"
- regarding new maps being used for assault and encounter: "we add modes on maps if possible"
- it's possible San Francisco map with Golden Gate will appear in WoT
- it's possible that at some point some maps will be made exclusively for encounter or assault, but it's not planned for now
- Supersherman and FL-10 Sherman as French premiums or even Israeli tree
possible? "All variants are possible, but we don't comment on further
- Westfield assault will return when it's fixed
- kinetic model for shells (mass) is not planned
- new game modes - not anytime soon
- French hightier premium TD's in next 2-3 patches? "Wait for announcements"
- bigger battles (30vs30 etc.) - not anytime soon
- increase of model polygons won't come this year
- regarding T10 arty rebalance: "Tests will show"
- in 0.8.6, there will likely be a bridge between KV-2 and arty branch
- historical battles are still planned, but it's too early to tell
- the steam-powered KV Yuri Pasholok found documents about had apparently around 400 brake horsepower
- SerB thinks 0.8 arty accuracy is okay
- apparently Tiger is really unsuitable to become a premium vehicle (SS: absolutely no idea why would anyone ask that)
- SerB on trolling players: "Not players, but retards. Those are different categories."
- S-51 significant nerf confirmed ("it's tied to the specifics of arty rebalance")
- there is not enough German arty vehicles for another full branch
- M7 second turret weight is okay according to SerB
- new platoon search system will be implemented
- transfers of credits from one player to another are not planned, but it's possible the gold will be transferrable
- HEAT shell damage nerf for 0.8.6? "No comment, wait for tests"
....because we all know it was only EU supertesters who leaked stuff, right? :D
Please note that the British arty vehicles and the E-25 are not scheduled for 8.6
Loyd Gun Carrier (allegedly tier 2)
Birch Gun (allegedly tier 4 arty)
M44 US Artillery
Batchat 155 (1955)
E25 premium TD