"In landing operations, retreat is impossible, to surrender is as ignoble as it is foolish. above all else remember that we as attackers have the initiative, we know exactly what we are going to do, while the enemy is ignorant of our intentions and can only parry our blows. We must retain this tremendous advantage by always attacking rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, and without rest." - General George S. Patton, Jr.
Posted by ʇɐuʞɐʇǝp on May 17th, 2013
I removed the "E-100 armor schematics" post, because Crazytony0 screwed
it up and I didn't doublecheck it before posting. Mea maxima culpa.
- Leopard 1 too weakly armored? "Don't play Leopard1" and "It was really
nice to troll whiners, knowing the armor thickness of this oversized
- the solution to nerf gold ammo pen and to increase its price was accepted, because "we consider out approach to be correct"
- Q: "Since there are new (German) camos being introduced, haven't you
thought about new inscriptions, such as 'Gott mit uns'?" A: "Yep. And
'Jedem das seine' and 'Arbeit macht Frei'"
- for now, there are no plans to change the upcoming Soviet tier 7 premium medium tank into something on tier 8
- details about the patch 0.8.6: "Wait for patchnotes"
- developers are not happy with the way the players communicate in game,
it is planned to "educate younger players" (Q: "And do you have plans
to educate children"? A: "Sure. Beating with belt and bread and water
diet.") (SS: here, SerB is trolling, but he also says that parents are
responsible for bringing up their children, it's not Wargaming's task to
educate players to be polite)
- premium account won't be split into active and nonactive parts (SS: a player suggested a hour-based premium account)
- if you have an arty researched and it gets moved to another tier, both
that arty and the arty it gets replaced with will be unlocked (but not
- British arty will come in one of the following patches after 0.8.6
- when you sell a tank with gold (permanent) camo, the amount of money
you get for selling it will be the same as if it didn't have any camo at
- the decision not to make an arty hardcap was taken because of the
reluctance to introduce any hardcaps in general (SS: for those who still
think it's bullshit, there is a post on EU forums about what can happen when hardcap goes wild...)
- Q: "Why is S-51 so expensive and it gets nerfed so hard?" A: "Want justice? Go to Hague tribunal."
- Q: "Why was the Chinese 121 medium tank pen nerfed in 0.8.6
supertest?" A: "We don't comment on rumors, leaks and other things
- new methods of illegal mod detection won't be disclosed
- Storm will announce the artillery accuracy changes on monday (SS:
funnily enough, Storm specifically denied WG will mess around with shell
gaussian distribution for arty, so I really wonder what's going on)
- according to SerB, the KV-1S with 152mm howitzer is not historical,
the pictures of KV-1S with a howitzer most likely show the version with a
- Although Leopard 1 is technically a MBT, it's very specific - other MBTs such as T-72 won't be introduced
- OF-40 and similiar tanks won't appear in WoT
- 0.8.6 will come roughly in 3-4 weeks from now
- Q: "Why is Jagdtiger not able to shoot enemies on 1 km distance as in real life?" A: "Want realism? Join the army."
- the L/70 on StuG III not having a muzzle brake is historical (SS:
historically, there was indeed a L/70 project "Ausf.H" to arm StuG III
with StuK 42. The superstructure however was quite different, "regular"
StuG III (even Ausf.G) wouldn't be able to carry it).
- the "2S*" Soviet SPG's (SS: such as the 2S3 Akatsyia) won't appear in game
- dynamic objects on maps will be implemented ("when it's done it's done")
- there is no "biggest maps", 24 out of 34 maps have unified size: 1200x1200m
- there will be other Sherman modifications (models) introduced into the game
- the small "bump" on the backside of the T-34 turret is a porthole for firing crew infantry weapons
- when the T-34 driver's hatch is closed (as in the game), the driver IRL cotrols the tank according to commander's directions
- the Japanese captured tanks in US tree have not been scrapped, they might appear eventually
- water has no influence on arty shell splash