Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.
Thanks for the info !
Well, I've already reported those small issues a litle while ago but... you know... ModDB's comments section !
1) When stalkers are playing guitar, the instrument is no more held in their hands but is just laying on their legs. I'm sure this was not that way before ! Here is a screenshot:
2) Most radios are now barely audible.
3) Would it be possible to remove the dialogs mentioning the Marked One in the Arena ? I'm not the Marked One, so I don't like to be called that way...
4) In the Great Swamp, whenever I leave the Pump Station using the western opening of the shack and looking North, the surrounding environments are no more displayed. A few steps further, once outside, everything is back to normal. Here are two screenshots taken around the "bugged" spot:
Same problem here.
Nice trailer !
The more I see, the more I want to play. I've been waiting for a game like this one since my childhood !
Keep up the good work, Ballistic Interactive !
Noticed a few details:
1) When stalkers are playing guitar, the instrument is no more held in their hands but is just laying on their legs. As a guy who can stay several minutes just watching stalkers around a campfire, I'm sure this was not that way before !
2) Is it normal that most radios are now barely audible ?
3) Would you kindly remove the dialogs mentioning the Marked One in the Arena ? (Reference to another great video game series in this sentance is purely coincidental)
Also, any word from TeamEPIC regarding the weird graphical bug near the Pumping Station ? See my profile for screenshots, if needed...
Thanks for the explanations !
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was fine before 1.4...
Not due to fog for sure. Rendering distance is also set to it's maximum.
The ground and other objects were simply not rendered. No trees, no grass... just a blank sky and some faraway lights.
Here is the "bugged" spot:
And now only a few steps westward:
Found a weird graphical glitch in the Great Swamp. Whenever I leave the Pump Station using the western opening of the shack and looking North, the surrounding environments are no more displayed. A few steps further, once outside, everything is back to normal.
Played with FOV settings, but the glitch remains...
1) Really ?! Damn... I was sure it was not that way in CoP. It's been so long since I played the base games !
3) They were not part of a task for sure. Must have been spawned before 7PM, then !
Thanks for your answers !
Well, I found some minor bugs:
1) This one was already there before 1.4. When you hit Shift+F to drag a body, it also opens the inventory of said body.
2) When launching a new game and then going in the options, the portrait of your character is shown among the panels.
3) Just found a snork during daytime (7:35 AM). Were they not supposed to appear only at night now ?
Also, is anyone planning to make a full Russian/ Ukrainian voiceover addon for 1.4 ?
Thanks for your reply !
Wait... is someone already working on a French translation for 1.4 ?
You mean 3rd person free cam ? The one you could spin around your character ?
It seems that it was affected by a bug, but here is a workaround if you want to use it nevertheless:
Open your user.ltx located in "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl/appdata/" and add this line among the ones starting with "bind":
bind cam_3 kF7
You can of course replace "kF7" by the key you usually use !
Hope it works for you !
Some quick thoughts regarding 1.4:
1) I love the new ambient track playing in Dead City ! Very creepy !
2) I don't understand why some voices are back to English. Was it a popular request ? As a French speaker and Russian/ Ukrainian language lover, I find this choice to be very immersion breaking. Fortunately, I still have the Russian audio files but, with the newly added arenas, there are some missing tracks.
3) Is the lack of 3rd person view (free cam version) intended ? I have already re-enabled it in user.ltx, but I don't see why it is now absent from in game options...
4) Underground spawns are still the ones from previous games, right ? Is it intended ? Odd choice, according to me...
Other than that, I'm very happy with all the changes and additions !
This time, the Wish Granter has been very kind with us !
Happy birthday, dear Call of Chernobyl !
Also, thanks to Team EPIC for it's continuous dedication ! Without you, this dream mod would have never been so wonderful !
In the latest RC, some audio files were in English (Megaphone speech in Rostock). Will CoC be back to full Russian/ Ukrainian audio in the upcoming 1.4 release ?
I think I've never seen a mod allowing so much in-game customization.
"'Portrait by outfit' option, sets player portrait depending on worn outfit."
"Guitars and harmonicas are now played by stalkers much more frequently."
"Revamped all rank values based on character portrait - no more seeing rookies with exoskeletons."
You'll never cease to amaze me !
GSC should seriously consider hiring every single member of Team EPIC for their next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game (still hopeful after all those years).
"Reverted Monolith trader and mechanic names back to what they were in 1.2."
Ahah ! Thank you for this one !
Getting more and more excited to play this version !
I see that you have renamed a lot of NPCs. What about the Monolith trader ? Is he still named Father Diodor ?
Other than that, we have a nice bunch of additions and fixes here.
Can't wait to test it out !
That's odd because rain has always been (almost) silent since day one in my game. Replacing rain.ogg and rainonroof.ogg files has always been my top priority upon each new release. I can't bear silent rain in video games !
Moreover, I've seen other people complaining about that particular issue in the comments some time ago. If I record correctly, it has also been mentioned directly in the comments of AF3.
But, wasn't it related to Atmosfear ?
Since the beginning, I always replace the (way too low) rain sound files by the default ones of Call of Pripyat and never had any problem...
Wait... are you saying that there will be an option to completely disable the story line in the upcoming version ?
Like, for example, the current options to disable sleep deprivation or heli sound and not only the "just ignore that quest in your PDA" thing ?
If so, that would be... AWESOME !!!
Can't agree more !
ShoC is much more atmospheric than CoP, and I don't understand why GSC removed all those awesome little details in the first place.
It would be awesome to see ShoC-like campfires in CoC, as well as tweaked mutant behaviour !
I agree. Always missed this feature since good old ShoC...
I know that freeplay does not mean roleplay, but the two mix pretty well.
Regarding you examples, what if you are already given a reason to be in the Zone ? You can't use your own imagination to find a personnal background because it is written in your PDA: you came to the Zone to unravel it's mysteries.
Don't get me wrong, though: I won't stop playing cause of those two small sentances, I'm just expressing a personnal thought. Still, I'd like this questline to be optionnal !
Anyway, that's just a detail. There are more important bugs and problems to tackle first !
I've only met the "familiar face" (no spoiler) who is said to have informations regarding the mysteries of the Zone. I've not played enough to reach the next goal (too dangerous for my current character), but it does not seem to have any reference to our personnal past. In fact, the only thing that bothers me is the description in the PDA. I know it's totally silly to complain about such a small detail, but it just bugs me.
One more thing: to quickly test the newly populated undergrounds, I used the debug menu to spawn in Lab X-19. When I disabled the Brain Scorcher, a cutscene played the exact same way as in ShoC. That's odd, and I hope it will be removed in a future update !