Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.
Thanks for the explanations !
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was fine before 1.4...
Not due to fog for sure. Rendering distance is also set to it's maximum.
The ground and other objects were simply not rendered. No trees, no grass... just a blank sky and some faraway lights.
Here is the "bugged" spot:
And now only a few steps westward:
Found a weird graphical glitch in the Great Swamp. Whenever I leave the Pump Station using the western opening of the shack and looking North, the surrounding environments are no more displayed. A few steps further, once outside, everything is back to normal.
Played with FOV settings, but the glitch remains...
1) Really ?! Damn... I was sure it was not that way in CoP. It's been so long since I played the base games !
3) They were not part of a task for sure. Must have been spawned before 7PM, then !
Thanks for your answers !
Well, I found some minor bugs:
1) This one was already there before 1.4. When you hit Shift+F to drag a body, it also opens the inventory of said body.
2) When launching a new game and then going in the options, the portrait of your character is shown among the panels.
3) Just found a snork during daytime (7:35 AM). Were they not supposed to appear only at night now ?
Also, is anyone planning to make a full Russian/ Ukrainian voiceover addon for 1.4 ?
Thanks for your reply !
Wait... is someone already working on a French translation for 1.4 ?
You mean 3rd person free cam ? The one you could spin around your character ?
It seems that it was affected by a bug, but here is a workaround if you want to use it nevertheless:
Open your user.ltx located in "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl/appdata/" and add this line among the ones starting with "bind":
bind cam_3 kF7
You can of course replace "kF7" by the key you usually use !
Hope it works for you !
Some quick thoughts regarding 1.4:
1) I love the new ambient track playing in Dead City ! Very creepy !
2) I don't understand why some voices are back to English. Was it a popular request ? As a French speaker and Russian/ Ukrainian language lover, I find this choice to be very immersion breaking. Fortunately, I still have the Russian audio files but, with the newly added arenas, there are some missing tracks.
3) Is the lack of 3rd person view (free cam version) intended ? I have already re-enabled it in user.ltx, but I don't see why it is now absent from in game options...
4) Underground spawns are still the ones from previous games, right ? Is it intended ? Odd choice, according to me...
Other than that, I'm very happy with all the changes and additions !
This time, the Wish Granter has been very kind with us !
Happy birthday, dear Call of Chernobyl !
Also, thanks to Team EPIC for it's continuous dedication ! Without you, this dream mod would have never been so wonderful !
In the latest RC, some audio files were in English (Megaphone speech in Rostock). Will CoC be back to full Russian/ Ukrainian audio in the upcoming 1.4 release ?
I think I've never seen a mod allowing so much in-game customization.
"'Portrait by outfit' option, sets player portrait depending on worn outfit."
"Guitars and harmonicas are now played by stalkers much more frequently."
"Revamped all rank values based on character portrait - no more seeing rookies with exoskeletons."
You'll never cease to amaze me !
GSC should seriously consider hiring every single member of Team EPIC for their next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game (still hopeful after all those years).
"Reverted Monolith trader and mechanic names back to what they were in 1.2."
Ahah ! Thank you for this one !
Getting more and more excited to play this version !
I see that you have renamed a lot of NPCs. What about the Monolith trader ? Is he still named Father Diodor ?
Other than that, we have a nice bunch of additions and fixes here.
Can't wait to test it out !
That's odd because rain has always been (almost) silent since day one in my game. Replacing rain.ogg and rainonroof.ogg files has always been my top priority upon each new release. I can't bear silent rain in video games !
Moreover, I've seen other people complaining about that particular issue in the comments some time ago. If I record correctly, it has also been mentioned directly in the comments of AF3.
But, wasn't it related to Atmosfear ?
Since the beginning, I always replace the (way too low) rain sound files by the default ones of Call of Pripyat and never had any problem...
Wait... are you saying that there will be an option to completely disable the story line in the upcoming version ?
Like, for example, the current options to disable sleep deprivation or heli sound and not only the "just ignore that quest in your PDA" thing ?
If so, that would be... AWESOME !!!
Can't agree more !
ShoC is much more atmospheric than CoP, and I don't understand why GSC removed all those awesome little details in the first place.
It would be awesome to see ShoC-like campfires in CoC, as well as tweaked mutant behaviour !
I agree. Always missed this feature since good old ShoC...
I know that freeplay does not mean roleplay, but the two mix pretty well.
Regarding you examples, what if you are already given a reason to be in the Zone ? You can't use your own imagination to find a personnal background because it is written in your PDA: you came to the Zone to unravel it's mysteries.
Don't get me wrong, though: I won't stop playing cause of those two small sentances, I'm just expressing a personnal thought. Still, I'd like this questline to be optionnal !
Anyway, that's just a detail. There are more important bugs and problems to tackle first !
I've only met the "familiar face" (no spoiler) who is said to have informations regarding the mysteries of the Zone. I've not played enough to reach the next goal (too dangerous for my current character), but it does not seem to have any reference to our personnal past. In fact, the only thing that bothers me is the description in the PDA. I know it's totally silly to complain about such a small detail, but it just bugs me.
One more thing: to quickly test the newly populated undergrounds, I used the debug menu to spawn in Lab X-19. When I disabled the Brain Scorcher, a cutscene played the exact same way as in ShoC. That's odd, and I hope it will be removed in a future update !
Some more thoughts and questions:
1)There's little things bugging me with the newly added questline.
The description of the first quest says: "You came to the Zone seeking to unravel its many mysteries". As CoC is meant to be the "ultimate freeplay experience", I assume it is also meant to be the "ultimate roleplay experience". Yet, this single sentance gives hints regarding the past and motives of your character.
What if I want my character to be a man who has come to the Zone only to forget his former life ? What if he is a criminal fleeing the authorities ? He don't care about the mysteries of the Zone !
Also, how could my rookie stalker know a "familiar face" if he has just arrived in the Zone ?
I know, it's silly... the questline in itself is good, but I can't stop thinking that some changes should be made for something more "vague" and roleplay friendly. A detail but, in CoC, roleplay is all (atleast for me).
What about making the questline active upon talking to this "familiar face" rather than starting the game with it right away ?
2) The "Companion toggle cover" option don't work for me, no matter what key is binded.
3) 3rd person freecam view is not available anymore. Is it intended ?
4) I don't know if it's going to be changed in the future, but set underground spawns coming from previous games are rather disturbing. Is there no way to make them dynamic right from the beginning ?
Thanks for your answers !
I know that Russian voices are not very accurate, but Russian seems to be spoken by a lot of people in Ukraine. And, in my opinion, they are just better sounding than the English ones !
You were faster than me...
Anyway, I am impressed !
It is the first time I've ever heard about such feature being implemented, and I'm very excited to see it in action !
Yeah, but I think those spawns are the "base" ones, which mean they are the same as in the original games.
If in understand the changelog correctly, once you clear an underground level, mutants then respawn and stalkers can now go underground freely. I'm not sure about this one (as I've never seen this feature in any mod), that's why I ask for confirmation !
As always after each new release, I'm back with various questions and thoughts.
Here they are:
1) Why have the radiation suit and NBC suit been removed ? They were both true to the base game, and I see no reason not to keep them...
2) Third person view still needs a lot of work. Right now, it is far from fully playable: camera is set too high and often clip trough walls.
3) Megaphone speech in Rostok is back to English. I hope you're not going back to English audio, as Russian voices are FAR more immersive !
4) I see that "Ai die in anomalies" is back in the options. Has the feature been reworked or is it only for testing purpose ?
5) Mini-map for underground levels usually don't match actual player position.
Now, one question regarding the changelog (I've not played enough to see this feature by myself):
"2 npc squads can take jobs in the labs"
Does that mean we can meet stalkers in underground levels ?!
Other than that, this update looks fantastic !
Now, back to the Zone...
As far as it's non-scenario quests, it's all good.
Can't wait to try all the new features !
"Added basic storyline quest tying major locations together."
Can we have informations regarding that feature ?
I may be wrong but, according to me, the integration of a storyline is against the very concept of Call of Chernobyl...
Otherwise, we have once again a good bunch of cool additions !