THE REAL WORLD DOES NOT HAVE A MOD
Yes, now the flame is constantly being ejected at a high speed from the nozzle (1500m/s), even when the ship is accelerating slowly. And that looks much better.
That's why these are not called "Afterburners" on the capital ships, I named them "2nd Stage Thrusters". Open your research menu to have a look at their descriptions :)
What are you talking about? Can you show me a picture?
1. Download a nebula image.
2. Open it in Photoshop, stretch it to 2048x1024
3. Extend the canvas to 2548x1024, duplicate the left border part to the right, and blend them together using all kinds of tools, so that the left and right of the background can stitch together comfortably.
4. Graduating the top and the bottom of the background to pure colour, to minimize artifacts after conversion.
5. Move the duplicated right part back to the left, and crop the image back to 2048x1024.
6. Ctrl+L, reduce the output from 0-255 to 0-127. Save it as 32bit TGA.
7. Use HW2BGBuilder with stripification turned on to build the background hod.
8. Create a new folder in Homeworld2\Data\Background and copy the new hod to there with new file name.
9. Open the background HOD with CFHodEd, make all the lightings right, based on the colour picker in Photoshop and a calculator to convert 0-255 of RGB to the 0-1 scale.
10. Save the new hod. Add lensflares corresponding to the incoming directions of the light sources in a lua file.
That's basically how I did it. Actually, I'm still a noob, because I still don't know how to add the star field based on the new background.
There're a lot of modular add-ons for the mothership inherited from Complex 8, which actually borrowed from the Path To Victory mod.
What do you mean? Do you mean 1) Where it's from in game, or do you mean 2) where the model came from?
1. It's from the production capital ships of the Turanic Raiders, as a trade container.
2. It's from a 3dsmax free model site, and the texture has been repainted.
You are using the right program to extract it. There's something wrong with a file in the big file. As I mentioned above, to add your own music, you only need part of the files, which you already have.
Delete this shortcut and do it again.
Go to your Homeworld2\Bin\Release folder, create a shortcut from your Homeworld2.exe, then go into the properties of the shortcut, at the end of the target box, you should see something like:
change it to:
\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod ComplexSimple.big -hardwarecursor
Don't touch the "Start in" box below, and there shouldn't be any problem.
can kick *** XD
Oh, you mean the target box. Remove the quotation marks "".
There should be no quotation marks in the target box.
Read the pdf manual, there's a screenshot of it telling you how to do this.
I don't know, I also want to ask someone
Thanks for your information, never heard about the firewall theory :D
There's no team for Complex Simple, but someone will make more awesome stuff :D
Do you mean your profile? I never have such problem. Check if you can create a new profile with the original Homeworld 2(without mod).
Yeah, I tried it and I have the same problem. It seems that unfBig is unable to extract this 3Ds Max file.
But, if what you want to modify is just music, you already have all the necessary files!
Here's what you can do:
1. Make sure the data folder of your game is clean, that is, there should be no extracted files from any other mods (including earlier versions of Complex Simple) in there.
2. Copy the "leveldata" and the "sound" folder (you already extracted) into the data folder of your game.
3. In the properties of your Complex Simple shortcut, add " -overridebigfile" to the end of the target box, so the game will be overwritten by any existing files in your data folder.
4. Now you can modify and add your own music, in the following procedure.
Put your music (fda format, presumably you know how to do that) in this folder: Data\sound\music\special
Then open Data\leveldata\multiplayer\lib\music_data.lua with text editing tools, this is the file you need to tell the game what music file it can play. After you have added a soundtrack, change the first parameter (size = 117) to size = 118, the same goes for special_end = 117. Then go to the bottom of this lua, add a corresponding section in the list of your new soundtrack. For example, if the sound track you've added in your "special" folder is "false king.fda", then in your music_data.lua, you should add:
path = "Data:sound/music/special/false king",
name = "False King - Invincible",
minute = 2,
second = 28,
Note that it is crucial to modify the "minute" and the "second" parameter, otherwise the music won't be played properly in game. If the length of your music is actually 3:35, you should then type minute = 3, second = 30.
Does it stop at a certain point? I don't see what your cmd says clearly. Can you take a complete screenshot of your cmd output window?
good name Lol
3 more races than complex, so yeah...do yout math :s
LOL! You need some noob-proof guide to the weapons of mass destruction bro?
The only useful UI in Complex 9 is the skirmish interface, which has already been integrated in Simplex 2.6. New units from Complex will be added in if: 1)they do serve a purpose in Simplex, 2)they have decent appearance. So I may add Vaygr Sinner and Light Carrier, but not other ugly stuff.
Those models and textures are too low-res, and they won't be looking nice in this mod.
You can't use another population.lua in your data folder without "-overridebigfile". To do so, you first need to make sure that you have a 100% clean data folder (i.e. install a new Homeworld 2 and put the mod there to proceed).
Also, you must use the population.lua extracted from this mod and this version only, because it is a critical file of the mod that determines not only the unitcap but also many functions unique to Complex Simple. Do not use population.lua from Complex mod or earlier versions of Complex Simple, otherwise the game will be screwed up for sure.
Check the target box of your shortcut. If you have " -overridebigfile" in it, delete it.
Ah, I see what might be wrong. Remove -overridebigfile and try again.
-overridebigfile will override the files contained in the ComplexSimple.big if you have any similar files in your data folder.
I just checked it, all audio effects are there.
Check your game settings. Effect volume and voice volume are set separetely. Is your effect volume turned off?
I don't keep that thing, because there're so many changes in each version that your web browser will run out of memory if I show it to you.
It's possible for a small number of them, but the vast majority just involve too many other functions of the mod to be played elsewhere.
Because there are all kinds of mercenaries, not just one. With money, you can get whatever you want! And in the next release, things will get even more complicated.
clean your data folder