I worked on the Source Engine for mods such as Ivan's Secrets and No More Room in Hell. I've recently switched to UDK, great biography right?
I give this mod a solid 3 out of 10.
- Main menu music is boring, and not very well made.
- Voice acting is probably some of the worst Ive heard in a mod. Both the script for the voice actors, and the actors them selves were very poorly done. The equipment that recorded the voices is obviously low quality, you could hear a slight echo.
- The new gun sounds were alright, they did make the guns sound "beefier" but the sounds also didn't fit for the guns, and some were too loud.
- Very poorly optimized, planned, and executed.
- Most buildings were extremely plain, they did not follow to Half-Lifes European city theme.
- Lighting was dull and boring, there was next to no ambiance or mood in the maps and interiors were generally lacking the interior look.
- The particles for impacts aren't optimized and cause lag.
- The layout of the maps are pretty boring as well, generally consisting of straight streets and alleys.
- Lots of scripting errors causing sounds to replay over and over (Voices telling me multiple times to head to the top floor, even after I finished the objective)
- First level throws you straight into combat, not a very good way to start.
- Gunplay is very COD-esque (Not a good thing) and gets boring very fast.
- Movement has been nerfed, move much slower and cant forward strafe.
- Drifted away from the core HL2 feeling, adding ironsights, health regeneration, bullet penetration, ect.
- No direction to go, as well as getting rid of the flashlight
- Overall it is very very lackluster.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.