I worked on the Source Engine for mods such as Ivan's Secrets and No More Room in Hell. I've recently switched to UDK, great biography right?
Mod Review on Mar 20th, 2013
No review provided
Mod Review on Jan 12th, 2013 - 4 people agree 5 people don't
I give this mod a solid 3 out of 10.
- Main menu music is boring, and not very well made.
- Voice acting is probably some of the worst Ive heard in a mod. Both the script for the voice actors, and the actors them selves were very poorly done. The equipment that recorded the voices is obviously low quality, you could hear a slight echo.
- The new gun sounds were alright, they did make the guns sound "beefier" but the sounds also didn't fit for the guns, and some were too loud.
- Very poorly optimized, planned, and executed.
- Most buildings were extremely plain, they did not follow to Half-Lifes European city theme.
- Lighting was dull and boring, there was next to no ambiance or mood in the maps and interiors were generally lacking the interior look.
- The particles for impacts aren't optimized and cause lag.
- The layout of the maps are pretty boring as well, generally consisting of straight streets and alleys.
- Lots of scripting errors causing sounds to replay over and over (Voices telling me multiple times to head to the top floor, even after I finished the objective)
- First level throws you straight into combat, not a very good way to start.
- Gunplay is very COD-esque (Not a good thing) and gets boring very fast.
- Movement has been nerfed, move much slower and cant forward strafe.
- Drifted away from the core HL2 feeling, adding ironsights, health regeneration, bullet penetration, ect.
- No direction to go, as well as getting rid of the flashlight
- Overall it is very very lackluster.
on Dec 31st, 2012
- 4 people agree
3 people don't
This review may contain spoilers
While the mod looks nice, in the aspect of gameplay it is pretty dull, boring, and frustrating trying to find where to go and what to do.
There is no clean objective given in the map, you simply wake up from a crashed buggy accident and walk through some tunnels where you reach a rotting sub. There is no indication of what to do when you reach the sub which left me walking around trying to find a way out for about 10 minutes until using noclip to find where to go. Only was it when I found that you were supposed to go inisde the sub did I try to navigate it, although this was tough because it was far to dark with the rust textures and no other form of lighting. I ended up walking around not knowing where to go in the sub. At first I tried using my gravity gun to blow some doors down, but that didnt do anything. Later I discover that you can only blow down a few doors, which look exactly alike to the others, and that broke consistency.
Out of the sub and onto the sandy patches I once again had no direction to travel, and still no idea what I was trying to complete. Aimlessly walking around I stumbled upon a cave with some grubs and an antlion guard. Once I killed the guard I had absolutely no idea what to do. I ran around the cave for 15 minutes and didnt find anything.
I used noclip again to find my next postion, killed the guard and got the bugbait, but once again I didnt know where to go or what to do. The mod then crashed and I decided to not try and complete the rest.
Mod Review on Jan 18th, 2012
No review provided