This member has provided no bio about themself...
But it was unrealistic. Also, if you miss it so much, bind a key for "unload gun" and pump how much you want.
As I said on the news
"Unfortunately, only the main mod was uploaded. I was not able to finish all the promissed maps for the starter pack, so I decided to postpone the release of the Starter Pack, and not delay the release of Brutal Doom v20. I will release the Starter Pack on the following weeks. I will also upload a Game Manual on the following days."
Yes, works with Doom 1, 2, Final Doom TNT and Plutonia. Also works with Chex Quest.
2 hours are not enough time to explore all new features.
It was not straight 2 years of development. There were many points where I started to implement some feature, and I had to go back and remove it.
UV was rebalanced to work well with map packs such as Going Down and Scytche 2. For playing the regular Doom maps, you should try it on Black Metal.
Well, this version is the most feature-heavy out of all versions. Maybe you just didn't played enough to notice all the new features?
You are trying to run it on Software mode instead of OpenGL.
You can order them to guard an area and leave them there.
Yes, please. Make a video.
You gotta wait for the mutator.
Yes, you installed wrong. Head to Zandronum's download page. You will find an installation Tutorial there.
It was disabled. Couldn't fix it.
Update your sourceport.
He edited his comment. he said he was having issues to kick and taunt.
try to rebind your keys
Launch has been delayed for some minutes just to fix some last remaining bugs. Be patient.
Brutal Doom v20 will be released this Friday night. It will be uploaded to Moddb's database around 10 PM UTC (search google for "10 PM UTC" and it will say what time will be in your timezone) and might take an hour or two for admins to authorize it.
Unfortunately, only the main file will be updated. I was not able to finish all the maps for the starter pack, so I decided to postpone the release of the Starter Pack, and not delay the release of Brutal Doom v20. I will release the Starter Pack on the following weeks.
FreeDoom is only used as a base, to provide textures and sprites to make it able to run without requiring Doom. 99% of the maps are new, and made by myself. There are only 3 or 4 maps from FreeDoom, and they are heavily modified.
I don't get it. These maps were made in the last weeks. Do you even have any idea of what you are talking about?
When you see the Starter Pack maps, you will say "Well, it was worth the wait".
At first, I thought that I would be dead before I could play GTA 5 and Killing Floor 2 and I would lose all the hype for them, and now, both of them are in my Steam library. Just be patient. Long waits are worth the cost.
The shotgun was not nerfed, I only increased the reload time in 2 tics per shell.
*tightly packed enemies have some vanish when fire is set to them.
I don't quite understand what you mean.
*stompable gibs are now broken, can't stomp on arms / legs when I could in last test.
I had to disable the collision for some gibs on this test version, I will enable it again later.
*Slime is so deadly in realism it breaks most maps with slime, or lava.
In realism mode you are meant to keep jumping from the slime to reduce damage, because there is no way to define what will cause more/less damage.
*Dual rifles have slower fire rate than single rifle.
No, they don't. Their code have the same delay time.
*Any burning enemy if launched by an explosive turns into a burning zombie man.
*many bodies don't have gib hitbox, or cannot be crushed by doors. (of demons, barons, knights, ect. its a lot missing them)
I'm working on it
Care to elaborate? I have literally no idea of what you mean.
Heads up, new test is up. And now, it has some ******* CVARS!!!!1
- Fixed bugs related to dual wielding weapons. Now the ammo is shared with the regular weapons, and by firing the right rifle or the left plasma gun (or reloading them), will subtract/add ammo from the individual guns, and vice-versa.
- Fixed a bug with pinky demons breaking elevators.
- Shotgun will no longer play the pump animation during reloads if you already have a shell in the chamber.
- Added CVARs.
- "bloodammount" 1 to 4 (default 2): Defines how much blood is spawned. 1 is "realistic", with almost no blood, only spawned when there is a messy death, 4 is animu level of blood.
- "lowgraphicsmode" 0 or 1 (default 0): If it's on, projectiles will spawn less particles, and gibs and bloodspots will disappear after 30 seconds. Now you can play stuff like HR2 with acceptable FPS.
If you don't know how to use a CVAR, it's simple: Just open the console and type the cvarname value. For example, to activate the lowgfx mode, just type "lowgraphicsmode 1" (without the commas in the console). Remember that CVARs will remain stored in memory even after you close the game.
New BD test is up. I think I fixed basically everything reported on the previous threads.
- Fixed many bugs introduced on last test, specially the bugs of gibs breaking elevators.
- Improved kicks. They deal more damage, and have a better feel.
- Remade the "head soccer" system. It looks and sounds much better now. Just test it sometime.
- After you remove the arm from a Pinky demon, it will have a 50% chance of not dying and keep fighting you. He will move faster, but will eventually bleed out.
- Removed head bobbing effect from weapon reloads.
- Added 30+1 reload system to the assault rifle.
- Changed the way nutkicks works. Regular kicks won't hit Hellknights and Chaingunguys on the nuts. You must be looking at the ground at the moment you do the kick.
Also, if you are a Zandronum user, remember to update to Zandronum 2.0, it got updated today. Zandronum 1.3 can't run the "Black Metal" and "Realism" difficulties properly.
- There are both semi-auto and full-auto fire mods for the Assault Rifle. You can quickly tap the fire button to fire in a semi-auto mode with perfect accuracy, or hold the fire button to fire at full-auto mode.
Again, please do not reupload this file, neither repost the download link. If you are working on one of BD's branches (Sperglord, Project Brutality, BDJ, etc.) please do not use this version as a base for your metamod and wait for the official v20. Also, remind that using this version for your metamod will just give you more bugs to fix later anyway.
I will see if it's possible. The shotgun's reload system is more complicated than other guns.
You know that you were never supposed to use jump in the original games, and they were added by the modern engines, right?
Also, I can perfectly reach the secret room of Doom 2 MAP05 ATM. I don't even know how you were able to notice the difference, because I only reduced the jump height by 5% or 10%.
Also, increasing the Pinky's height is not possible. There are some maps (Such as Ultimate Doom's 4th level) where the pinkies are placed in places with a very low ceiling, and by increasing their height, it would make them get stuck.
I think there is a mistake here. I did not create the engines which Brutal Doom is required to work (Zandronum or GZDoom). You can download a Linux/MAC version on their website.
I am only creating a "Starter Pack" for Windows users for two reasons: 1) I don't have a system with Linux or Mac, so, I can't set it up myself. 2) Windows users are the less advanced ones, there are a lot of people that didn't played Doom since the 90s and have no idea on how to run it on a modern system, so, they are the only ones that requires such "Starter Pack". My guess is that at least Linux users are advanced enough to not require it.
I'm going to add them later. These effects requires a considerable time to work, and I only had time to make the water effects.