This member has provided no bio about themself...
The shotgun was not nerfed, I only increased the reload time in 2 tics per shell.
*tightly packed enemies have some vanish when fire is set to them.
I don't quite understand what you mean.
*stompable gibs are now broken, can't stomp on arms / legs when I could in last test.
I had to disable the collision for some gibs on this test version, I will enable it again later.
*Slime is so deadly in realism it breaks most maps with slime, or lava.
In realism mode you are meant to keep jumping from the slime to reduce damage, because there is no way to define what will cause more/less damage.
*Dual rifles have slower fire rate than single rifle.
No, they don't. Their code have the same delay time.
*Any burning enemy if launched by an explosive turns into a burning zombie man.
*many bodies don't have gib hitbox, or cannot be crushed by doors. (of demons, barons, knights, ect. its a lot missing them)
I'm working on it
Care to elaborate? I have literally no idea of what you mean.
Heads up, new test is up. And now, it has some ******* CVARS!!!!1
- Fixed bugs related to dual wielding weapons. Now the ammo is shared with the regular weapons, and by firing the right rifle or the left plasma gun (or reloading them), will subtract/add ammo from the individual guns, and vice-versa.
- Fixed a bug with pinky demons breaking elevators.
- Shotgun will no longer play the pump animation during reloads if you already have a shell in the chamber.
- Added CVARs.
- "bloodammount" 1 to 4 (default 2): Defines how much blood is spawned. 1 is "realistic", with almost no blood, only spawned when there is a messy death, 4 is animu level of blood.
- "lowgraphicsmode" 0 or 1 (default 0): If it's on, projectiles will spawn less particles, and gibs and bloodspots will disappear after 30 seconds. Now you can play stuff like HR2 with acceptable FPS.
If you don't know how to use a CVAR, it's simple: Just open the console and type the cvarname value. For example, to activate the lowgfx mode, just type "lowgraphicsmode 1" (without the commas in the console). Remember that CVARs will remain stored in memory even after you close the game.
New BD test is up. I think I fixed basically everything reported on the previous threads.
- Fixed many bugs introduced on last test, specially the bugs of gibs breaking elevators.
- Improved kicks. They deal more damage, and have a better feel.
- Remade the "head soccer" system. It looks and sounds much better now. Just test it sometime.
- After you remove the arm from a Pinky demon, it will have a 50% chance of not dying and keep fighting you. He will move faster, but will eventually bleed out.
- Removed head bobbing effect from weapon reloads.
- Added 30+1 reload system to the assault rifle.
- Changed the way nutkicks works. Regular kicks won't hit Hellknights and Chaingunguys on the nuts. You must be looking at the ground at the moment you do the kick.
Also, if you are a Zandronum user, remember to update to Zandronum 2.0, it got updated today. Zandronum 1.3 can't run the "Black Metal" and "Realism" difficulties properly.
- There are both semi-auto and full-auto fire mods for the Assault Rifle. You can quickly tap the fire button to fire in a semi-auto mode with perfect accuracy, or hold the fire button to fire at full-auto mode.
Again, please do not reupload this file, neither repost the download link. If you are working on one of BD's branches (Sperglord, Project Brutality, BDJ, etc.) please do not use this version as a base for your metamod and wait for the official v20. Also, remind that using this version for your metamod will just give you more bugs to fix later anyway.
I will see if it's possible. The shotgun's reload system is more complicated than other guns.
You know that you were never supposed to use jump in the original games, and they were added by the modern engines, right?
Also, I can perfectly reach the secret room of Doom 2 MAP05 ATM. I don't even know how you were able to notice the difference, because I only reduced the jump height by 5% or 10%.
Also, increasing the Pinky's height is not possible. There are some maps (Such as Ultimate Doom's 4th level) where the pinkies are placed in places with a very low ceiling, and by increasing their height, it would make them get stuck.
I think there is a mistake here. I did not create the engines which Brutal Doom is required to work (Zandronum or GZDoom). You can download a Linux/MAC version on their website.
I am only creating a "Starter Pack" for Windows users for two reasons: 1) I don't have a system with Linux or Mac, so, I can't set it up myself. 2) Windows users are the less advanced ones, there are a lot of people that didn't played Doom since the 90s and have no idea on how to run it on a modern system, so, they are the only ones that requires such "Starter Pack". My guess is that at least Linux users are advanced enough to not require it.
I'm going to add them later. These effects requires a considerable time to work, and I only had time to make the water effects.
Lack of realism becomes a problem when it makes something that can be exploited to ruin the gameplay.
The dual assault rifles can have 62 bullets because of the 30+1 ammo count system. I'm going to add it to the regular assault rifle too.
I will check the fatality script and see what went wrong with the Baron's fatality.
Doomguy doesn't kicks like he is ninety years old, it's just you that don't know how difficult is to perform an effective heel kick. Even with the current version, he still is unrealistically fast, so stop complaining, please. The kick was being used as an invulnerability button, it was way too OP, it had to be nerfed and I am not going back on this one.
I haven't changed the punching speed.
I'm still thinking about changing the rifle aim mode.
His jump height was just modified so the player is not able to jump over a pinky demon. Levels which requires jumping are not affected by this. I'm not going to change it back.
Also this bug seems to only happen in GZdoom, so, use Zandronum instead.
For anyone experiencing gibs and body parts breaking elevators: I already found the source of this problem, and it will be fixed on the next beta test. No need to report it again.
Which body? Are you able to take a screenshot or record a webm?
Mediafire is the most reliable one, and doesn't requires a captcha. Just refresh your browser and try again later.
I will remove the semi-auto mode, but the closed sight is here to stay. (I might reduce it's size, so it doesn't obstruct as much.
Works fine for me. Either a problem with your browser, or a temporary problem with Mediafire.
A new test version of BDv20 is up.
If you find any bugs, report them by replying to this post.
- You will leave blood footprints after you step in a blood puddle, Duke Nukem-style.
- When you kill a zombie or imp with the shotgun, and sends it flying, it will get slumped if it hits a wall.
- Fixed a bug causing the Chaingunguy to have a vanilla Zombieman XDeath animation when killed by the SSG.
- Changed the way the Assault Rifle looks and works. It now uses Mike12's sprites, fires faster, and is meant to be fired in bursts. (Holding the fire button for too long will cause it to spread a lot), and when aiming down the sights, it switches to a semi-auto mode.
- Added "Sling physics" to shotgun's animations.
- Fixed a bug causing the Archvile's body to block things even after death.
- Fixed several bugs related to dual-wielding guns.
- Reduced recoil on Purist's guns.
- Improved zombieman's fire death. Soon to improve other monsters.
- Nerfed chaingunguys.
- Fixed a bug causing the chaingunguy to keep firing at the body of a dead monster when they infight.
Please do not reupload this test version, do not repost it (if it fails down to the second page, just let it go), and if you work on one of BD's branches (Sperglord, BDJ, Project Brutality, etc.) please do not use this file as a base for your new version and wait for the official v20 release. (It will just bring more bugs and **** for you to replace later anyway).
Also, does anyone here found any bug on the feb10 test?
So, this is basically BD with grenades, Doom 64 weapon skins, and an useless enemy health bar, and... voxels, just for the sake of breaking Zandronum compatibility? I honestly don't know what kind of inspiration I can get (maybe the grenades only).
Can you provide a video?
Remember the destroyable bodies? They will be back.
(I am posting it as a comment because I don't think it's worth a news article.)
1) That's your opinion. Many people already have asked me to release a weapons-only version of BD because they enjoy the weapons so much. But anyway, if you don't like them, you can just play Brutal Doom lite.
2) Have you played the v20 betas already? There is much less blood, it has more realistic ammounts and appearence.
3) Again, have you played the v20 betas? Hard wads such as Scytche 2 and Going Down are completely playable with it on Hurt me Plenty.
4) Then why do you use them?
5 and 6) I really wonder what this has to do with me. I also must remember you that before BD, Doomworld had a huge eliticism with maps, that if a map was not boom-compatible, it was instant trash. Oh, and remember when anything that was not AOW/Zombie Horde/MM8BDM were never hosted in Skulltag? This is not a new thing, the Doom community always had this kind of stupid behavior, and that's why I don't miss it.
v20 will only come at late january/early february (hopefully).
Just FYI, the extreme concentration of sugar, the stuff made to create the artificial flavor, and the extreme levels of dyestuff contained in soda, makes it way worse than beer. Large amounts of beer can be bad for your liver and brain, but any amount of soda can be bad for your stomach, your hearth, your bones, your teeth, your hair, your skin, and plus, will make you fat. So, yeah I'd rather take the beer. But anyway, this is not the right place to discuss this. I'd recommend you to use an e-mail or a chat service, and I'd appreciate if you could stop making irrelevant comments such as this one.
v20 will probably come out December 10. A trailer will be shown next week, announcing the official release date.
Actually I was thinking about using the grayish tone of green in the palette for Hell's Noble blood.
v20 will possibly feature FreeDoom compatibility.
Yes. Expect a demo release shortly after Brutal Doom v20's release.