RealmSource is an independent computer game developer located in Las Vegas, NV. We are a team of software development and art veterans with a passion for fantasy and sci-fi games. Everyone at RealmSource has and continues to work in their area of expertise (programming, 3D modeling, animation, etc.) with decades of combined experience. We are all avid gamers and are known to play competitively from time to time.
Posted by realmsource on Nov 23rd, 2012
Come join the discussion on RealmExplorer.com !
* Added new loading screen that shows game loading progress.
* Character names now float above characters in the game world.
* Chat, Shout and Whisper chat ranges are significantly larger.
* Moved bedrock (bottom of the world) up by a few meters.
* Added some invisible walls to the edge of the world that goes into negative coordinates. You can still travel infinitely into positive coordinates.
* Pings are now fixed in the server list. To get the latest server pings press the Refresh button.
* Characters can now be deleted from the character list.
* Items in your inventory can be dragged out of the inventory window. Presently this will destroy the item but in a future update the items will be thrown on the ground.
* Implemented new Global chat. You can talk on the Global channel by typing /chat before your message. Note: All Realm Explorer / commands support partial typing so you can use any number of letters up to the full command. For example, with the new /chat command you can use /c, /ch, /cha and /chat. This applies to all / commands.
* Added additonal speaking prefixes based on punctuation. Your character will now "say", "ask" or "exclaim" your chat messages based on whether you end your sentence with a ".", "?" or "!" respectively.
* Private servers are now properly reflected with a lock icon in the server list.
* When connecting to a password-protected server in the server list the user will be prompted to enter a password.
* When selecting a server from the server list the selected row will now become highlighted to indicate which server was chosen.
* Fixed some animation / mesh skinning issues that could pop up when using lower quality settings.
* Fixed an issue with fonts looking really jagged.
* Fixed an issue where you could not connect to another server if you leave a game or fail to connect to a previous server. Previously you would have to restart the game client to join a new server but this issue has been fixed.
* Typing /admin in the chat box will allow players to respond to a direct admin message. For example: /admin hello
* When disconnected by the server the client will load back to the main menu and display a "Disconnected" dialog box.
* The server can now be started from the command line, batch files, Fire Daemon, etc. To do so first create your realm through the user interface as per normal. Then locate the Realm Id of the new realm. Every time you create a Realm it gets a new number assigned to it (1, 2, 3, 4 ... etc). You can now create a windows shortcut for "RealmExplorer.Server.UI.exe" and add the new startup parameter: -realm # For example if the Realm you want to host is Realm Id 3 you would add -realm 3 to your shortcut startup path.
* Deleted Characters appear in the ...\Players\(playername)\Deleted\ folder.
* Server chat logging now works proeprly.
* Server's now properly list their "Private" status on the server list when a password is set.
* Fixed an issue where players in the Player tab would be constantly added and removed to/from the player list.
* Fixed an issue where items in the Weather Control drop down box were too small and overlapping each other.
* Added Realm id to the Vitals tab.
* Fixed an issue where the Stop Server button could become disabled in the Vitals tab.
* The Realm Explorer server now correctly installs to a folder called Realm Explorer Server (the initial release was installing to "Realm Source Server").