Freelance Characterartist for national and international games or film productions.
well depends on what you expect to see, we had a news on what to expect, its nothing more ;)
we had to concentrate on something, having console in mind we took the easiest way, if we find ways to support multires, we will do :)
thats totally normal, just wait it generates the shader caches, next time you start it will go way faster.. if you don't want to see the log remove the -log stuff out of the shortcut :)
vielen Dank, hoffe du nimmst es mir nicht übel wenn ich dich nicht direkt in die Developer Group mit aufnehme, die ist halt nur für Leute direkt ausm Team und das ist aktuell erstmal geschlossen :)
Friendlist kein Ding, aber in die Group kommt mir kein Fremder :D
no problems if you used our readme :)
we know that we should have used the whole published stuff, but so far it was a apin int the *** to work with, as you always had several copies of workfiles on your harddisks and had to search for the right ones to keep everything togeter. therefore we decided to remove the homedirs and work direclty in the ut root.
if you don't want to hurt it, you don't have to :)
1. Walking through Npcs can be fixed if you mean the soldiers they are currently no real AIs like the critters or the grandpa, you shouldn ot be able to walk through them. We'll test more for other glitches, if you have any specific areas (i think i know one up at the landing ramp for the jets, in front of the right hangar) , feel free to share them, we have a forum here for that :)
2. i agree i'd love to have AA but as far as i know its impossible, as for the opening shot, i think its more or less a thing of the camera , having it face a bit more from up or openening the shot in a different way will fix this particular part of the issue
3. you are right, we'll check how we can do this, the main focus for this demo was just a bit different, then making this available for the usual US Household, its a mod and a very early one, so more or less anyone who is going to download it, will be a so called "hardcore gamer"
As for the future plans, we will see where it will lead us, i don't think its going to be retail, but you'll never know, but if its going retail its definitely not this version, not that unpolished, not that few amount of content etc. after all its the first release and we had to release something for MSUC. I guess its more likely that we will do a more doable game on a smaller plattform, PSP, NDS, Iphone or soemthing like this, but really right now its a just for fun project we are working on in our freetime.
could you be a bit more specific? few bugs can be quite some things, maybe we missed something :)
1. what do you mean by bad? could you be a bit more specific?
2. if you tell me how to turn on antialiasing in UT3 :) as far as i'm concerned that is not possible
3. we might look into it but so far i don't really know how to do this, as there is no such thing as the unit pixel in unreal shaders, so we cannot just change the resolution as the outline is right now 1/1280 wide and 1/720 high, its all tweaked to that resolution as its the most common current console game res, same with the hud, we'll look if and how we can change that to different resolutions, but so far its all tweaked for that res.
i dunno if aynone in the team played fable2, i definitely didn't but beeing compared to such a huge title is great :)
Will have to take a look at it, especially when its Unreal Engine, maybe we can catch up a trick or too.
Our main sources of influence hasve been Steamboy, Laputa and Keepers of the Maser.
well cell shading would harder edged, you'd only have 2 or 3 shading values, lets call it toon shading? It's really not like this has a name :)
the lighting, well the characters are lit by only one simple lightsource, the env has directional lightmaps, like you'll find in Mirrors Edge.
read the readme? :D
Where is your airborn folder located? Put it into your UT installation root. And is your ut updated to the latest version 2.1?
where did you put your airborn folder? just put it into the root of ut and it runs :)
Okay here we go
the download link, exclusive on 4players for now
This happens to be the first public release of Airbørn, a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 3. The initial version which we had to release due to the Make Something Unreal Contest deadline last week, had some bad issues here and there, therefore we decided to give that version a week of extra polish.
The game was planned to be console based Action Adventure, therefore using the shortcuts provided by us 1280x720 (small HD) and playing Airborn with a gamepad (Xbox 360 controller) is recommended. It does work in different resolutions but the game experience might change and the HUD might not work properly. It also does work with keyboard and mouse, but it lends itself to be enjoyed with controller.
This version of Airbørn is far from a finished game, it's more or less a visual techdemo with basic gameplay added. Now that we have that base done we can build upon and add more to it. This is Version 0.1b, we know that there still are issues, but if you have any suggestions, feedback etc. feel free to contact us or search for updates at www.airborn-game.com .
Like you hate everything you kill when you shoot at them, like in most of your mods? :)
Right now he just kicks a ratlike animal, nothing compared to shooting a guy, funny that so many think this is wrong while no one would have said a word when pino would shoot at the soldiers :)
Almost done, tomorrow it will be online, first on 4players, i'm going to post the link once i have it, i'll upload it to moddb tomorrow during the day. We polished a hell lot compared to the last demo, it feels way rounder now, it's not more content its just more polished and less buggy.
nope we didn't cook for ps3 so far, as we have no ps3 ut to test it, maybe we should get one
Gonna test this out, good luck with the contest!
the steamboy-ish one wheel is my favorite so far, very cool
right now its all pc :)
ok i've heard a lot of compliments but this is really huge,thank you!
well if you think so, any comparisons to lara croft are also highly appreciated o_O
planned but not done yet :)
there are tings that are more important and things that are less important, and i thing stuff thats mostly for sequences is less important then realtime stuff, but you can be sure that we'll add more stuff to show the wind and flowing feeling etc. :)
awesome isn't it? :D
for what a demo thats pretty short? ^^
are you loading dm-001 or dm-000 its right after the folder structure in he links properties, dm-000 gives you some instructions before you play...
i dunno what you are doing, because normally you won't have to change anything on UT at all, just copy paste the airbornfolder (not the subfolders!!!) into the UT Root, thats all, no touching UT.
thank you very much :)
and if you have any feedback, feel free to share it