Freelance Characterartist for national and international games or film productions.
they are volumetric and of course you can fly through them, though it still needs a lot of work to function properly :)
the biggest issue i have with moddb is, that every postvneeds to be administrated. i could upload images for all kinds of nasty things but a simple message takes days until it is released. Which really kinda is a dealbreaker :(
you can see the old version in my avatar ;)
Yup its the reworked version of Piño the main character of the first chapter. Still lots of things to do :)
well beeing able to work on it full time might change a hell lot, be apperently we have to eat and live and stuff so we have to work and can't do airborn fulltime :(
hehe i wouldn't call it modelling at all
well none of the possibilities out there are perfect, if i had to chose which features i'd need for the perfect retopo app, id say:
- working on the highresmesh, like in topogun or 3dcoat, the retopo always stays on the highres
- shading of topogun, so that the retopo is always rendered in front of the highres but transparent, its a perfect visualization for retopo imho
- relax of topogun (which works on selection, as oposed to 3dcoat which only seems to work on the whole mesh which is bad)
- polystrips from polyboost, so you can paint a row of polygons easily onto the surface
- splinetool of 3dcoat, its awesome for cylindrical stuff, but basicly its is really pretty awesome for most stuff, especially the spline cut when you cast the line from outside the model, great feature
- strips from zbrush, so you can fill large areas very quick, you just place the boundaries and it automaticly fills the whole area, also very nice
- connect like in max, polyboost or topogun
- easy vertexwelding like in 3d coat
in conclusion all have their strengths and usefull features so i use whatever i think is best for a given model, and record it and stitch it all together in the end as one big timelapsed video compilation on how i created Garrido
1. yes, pretty much every member of this team is working in some way in the industry for years, speaking about myself, i'm working as a characterartist since almost 9 years so far, since 2 years as a freelancer with cycling projects. That said, it can happen that some of us won't find time to contribute every now and then, some are working on pretty highend products with tight deadlines such as crysis2 or brink, so it can happen that the day to day business sucks up the freetime we have for that project, thats why the development is pretty slow paced right now, sorry for that... ok but i'm drifting away...
2. as we will be using the same rig as the grandpa and as both won't be seen together at all, he will get the same hands as the grandpa has ingame, search for that on older images. I will just change the textures to fit him better. Making new hands/gloves wouldn't be such a big deal but why waste the time on something noone will recognize and as they are already rigged and skinned we just save this time too.
3. zbrush, 3dcoat, topogun, max whatever fits better on a per object base, right now i did the pants in 3dcoat and doing finetweaking in topogun
4. should be no problem at all :)
i see what you mean and its easy to fix, but the diriection is kinda dictated by the way the pants are stuck into the boots, but yeah, i'll look into it :)
just shoot, i'm far from finished ;)
the clouds are simple modelled and then i do some shader trickery to make them fluffy ;)
could you be a bit more specific? few bugs can be quite some things, maybe we missed something :)
right now its all pc :)
also did you play with keyboard or xontroller? the current build is definitely made for the xbox controller not mouse and keyboard movement... thanks for reminding me i have to put that into the disclaimer at the start...
www.lumonix.com get a copy of shaderfx :)
it is just huge to test the SSS in comparison to the whale, its just to see how the thickness masking works. the whale currently has one thickness overall while tokachu already has the thickness masked, so like cann only pass through thin parts :)
Also mal von einem verrückten Rumänen der in Schweden studiert hat und nun in London bei Splashdamage arbeitet und einem US Komponisten sind wir eigentlich alles Leute aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum, sprich Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz ;)
the position is totally tweakable so having a bit more space is always better then beeing forced to use whats given :)
the whole itnerface is planned to be 3d so the position is definitely not fix yet :)
he already decided to become programmer instead, don't ask me why ;)
colorwise, not his overall attitude ;)
just standing there to stand there, Piño already ahs some blocked out animations, grandpa alphonso has been motioncaptured but isn't implemented in unreal yet
hm seems like its not really working it stops after 2 minutes or so :/
@pogostickaction: you guys should play commander keen ;)
hope so i earn my living with doing that stuff :P
"similarities to other game or movie characters are intended ;)"
To - toro
pi - Kachu
kanga - roo
in this case it's just a photoshop stroke, but the outline in game are simply modelled, nothing fancy. would love to do posteffects outlines (like the new prince of persia) but unreal can't render different passes and combine them together i could build a outline for posteffects but UT3 simply doesn't support it.
back when i made it i didn't know how to create an upvector to limit the phong rimlight to only faces that are looking upwards, this is how you do it
vector3 of 0,0,1 > Vector Transform set to WORLD > Component mask set to B > Constant Clamp
this multiplied with the phong rimlight limits the effect on the uplooking faces...
@Lazor: not much gamedesign yet, at first we need to know whit is possible with unreal and without much extra code, we're currently just artists wo we have to get together whats possible, if we have a level to run on, jump around etc. We can start working on the local story/quest for this level and fill it with gamedesign objects and add more functionality but at first we concentrate on the very basic things. We have a lot of things in mind, but all this stuff has to be tested first.
@Red-Frog: well that is the whole point of concept art, wouldn't want to do a project without conceptart.
thanks for your help :)
sound like a really cool idea, good luck to you folks :)
well i'm totally stupid with math, wish i had learned more back in schooltime xD
So the only thing i could do with the formula that valve has give, is to break it up into smaller chunks and reverse build it up to get the look i was aiming at. For Airborn we changed a lot on the shading but it was good to learn how the math behind TF2 works.
sure the lighting channel of the object should use a lightchannel the actual lightsource emits light to. i.e. dynamic on both the lightsource and the object
and keep in mind a lot of the optic is made because of the ambient cube they use
look up the upper right in the description window ;)
"Start of the modular wooden patios, which will be under all wooden buildings. Stairs, railings, corner pieces etc. will come."
haven't played air buccaneers, but from what i see on youtube, not :)
but i like some moments in the airfights, going directly into the inspiration folder, thanks
that's definitely not a bad thing for me, thanks :)
this is one hell of a cool mod, very nice work :)
haha great work :D maybe the hair could be less symmetrical? not much of a naruto viewer thoug, so it may be looking like that
The current status of the small one, toon shading based on valves tf2 shader with hatches that combine to crosshatches in shadows and modelled outline.