This member has provided no bio about themself...
Yippee!! :) This is exactly what I want to hear. I do not care much for weapon variations, but you likely have more new weapons in your mod that I know (maybe a bit less than SGM?)
I think would be better to customize the loadout of items that vendors have so we can see some kind of 'progression' in terms of weapon availability. Of course you can kind of 'cheat' a bit if you kill and get a sweet loot from a difficult NPC early on. Seems like you already kind of implemented this in your current version, so that is nice.
What I meant by harsher economic can be more expensive bullets (and scarcer when looting) so we have to conserve bullets (although not to the Misery-extreme). More expensive weapons and armor would be good too, but I know you already have that in mind.
Thanks! Much appreciated response. I understand that you do not want to go Misery route (especially with the reception it is currently getting), either way I think variation of food items (instead of just canned food and diet sausage) would make it much more alive in the Zone. As for weapons, the only thing I can think of besides silencers and scopes(for new weapons) are stuff like red dot sights, expanded magazines, and so on.
Can't wait for Swartz 2.0! Hopefully you'll be bringing in new weapons with faction ranking system holding best weapons when they are high-ranking (just like what you have now), minus the radiation system.
Harsher economy would be much better. You could also (as a suggestion) limit what kind of weapons are available per zone (or by trader) so that you can keep the higher tier weaponry for later areas, aside from stashes...
Either way, keep up the great work!
Glad to see you're making an update to this great mod of yours. Some questions:
- Would there be some kind of an updated/overhauled economy system to make it harsher?
- Is there a plan to implement some kind of weapon repair system? We can self-repair broken weapons (as to make it usable/sellable) at a high cost (1 repair kit = 2 repairs, or something like that)?
- Are you planning to add more food items, junk items, or items in general (could be unique attachment to new weapons, etc)?
Wesp5, thanks for your hard work on this 'patch', it is more like an 'expansion' than patch now. Anyway, is there news about updated Clan Quest Mod with your latest version of the patch?
Can you actually make an improvement as to an option to use a controller/joystiq or mouse/keyboard? Plus, it is a bit confusing to have the key binding in the pre-game menu plus in-game menu. Also, there should be a way to cancel binding a key. Right now pressing Escape will bind it instead of cancelling.
There should be a warning to when remapping a key that is already used for a different purpose.
Any time frame as to when the updated version will be uploaded? I am holding off playing the game because of the controller issues and save game issues. The music does seem underpowering the sound effect, even if I changed the setting. The sound is a bit glitchy too.
I was able to play this, but for some reason I cannot move at all. I can accelerate/deccelerate, roll left and right, but I cannot turn left/right or generally fly around. Anyway to do this? It is not being explained clearly in the setting...
Also, could you please fix the recognition for right mouse button and left mouse button? I cannot assign these buttons to any actions, also recognizing Escape for any actions instead of cancelling the key assignment is annoying. Finally, if you can, please include a 'reset to default' in the pre-game config.
The_Silver, what a wonderful mod! I cant play MP2 without this mod ever again, however for your next patch (if you are making it), would you consider the following ideas? I think this will make the mod even more popular:
- Headshot effects: Basically blood spurting out or just better blood spray physics overall for headshots and body shots (just like the army knife throat blood spray is actually well done)
- Blood wounds on enemies when shot
- More noticeable bullet trail: Maybe make it so that when you enter bullet time or shoot dodge, the bullets from the guns can have more noticeable effects (after all, its called payne effect, right? :)) like maybe a silvery glow or mini air vortex trail
- More acrobatic moves: I think the sliding should be made available anytime and maybe new moves when shootdodging to the left/right and to the back (cartwheel flip or backflip?) Can make a check if the health is <50%, this move is disabled
- Better bullet decals and destruction effects