This member has provided no bio about themself...
Wow, thank you, and here I was just hoping for a little credit in the mod. What would I do as a moderator for you? Again just happy to be of help.
Aww, such a good mod laid to rest... I wonder Mr. Shadow if you will let other aspiring modders & mod teams add-on to your wonderful Cold War mod.
LOL, your new shell map video seems to imply it's GLA Payback Time!!! It makes me wonder though, with all these new tech toys that US & China are making, how does GLA stay in the fight?
Also don't you think it's time that this mod changes the names of the Commander-in-Chief and the Dictator? Seeing as how one is now retired & the other has been hanged?
Best wishes to one of the best Zero Hour Mods out there!
I've posted the revised Timeline in your "Initiation, History and Backstory" post.
Everyone can let me know what they think, but plz post replies to this comment page instead of the "Initiation, History and Backstory" post so it does not skew the original reply to Ophyzarr's request.
- World war 3 Begins. (This is a very brief world war 3 scenario you put together & it leaves out South/Central Americas & Africa, but due to Zero Hours outdated game engine, it is understandable that not all the countries depicted in this brief outline will be able to be represented as full factions in the game. You have a total of 12 different Factions that can be portrayed in the game. If you go with the Democracy vs Communist game then it's 6 factions vs 6 factions. If you go with Democracy vs Communist vs Terrorist, then it's 4 vs 4 vs 4 which can then use S. & C. Americas & Africa. If you just want Factions based on regions then you could do 3 (USA, Europe, Allies) vs 3 (China, Russia, Satellites) vs 3 (Drug-lords, Warlords, Terrorists) vs 3 (Other countries military you want to see in your game. Again all up to you, I hope I've helped you on your project.)
- China, watching the world dwindle it's supplies and military forces. knowing that they cannot win the war alone, make an alliance with Japan (who are incredibly weak after the soviet invasion of 2023). using this alliance to gain access to some of the most powerful technology in the world. (Japan, watching the world dwindle...has become a very westernized country...and decides to use it's technologies to help it's fellow democratic allies against the 2 military juggernauts & their satellite states.)
- 5 years after the nuclear strike on the middle east. The Taliban and Russia occupy north Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine. UN forces take the battle to Europe, building defenses along the borders. (5 Yrs after the Dirty Bomb in Israel, Al-Qaeda, Russia, China, North Korea & other previous satellite states "countries" -Ukraine etc. take the battle to Europe which has been on alert and building up defenses.)
- China support North Korea and South Korea, Chinese troops march into north Korea to repel the soviet invasion, all is hopeless. North Korean troops rebel against china and the Chinese troops are pushed back into south Korea. (Since China & South Korea are not on ally terms because of North Korea... South Korea is on alert along with other US/NATO/Allies as Chinese forces flow into North Korea & link up with Russian forces.)
- (Continued from above: Israel is alarmed & without US/NATO support bombs Iran's nuclear reactors. Russian scientists were killed in the explosions which then gets Russia into the conflict.)
- Russia have sent a fleet to south Asia and unite with Vietnam further expanding their federation, troops continue to Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Bangladesh and are beginning to occupy India. this puts pressure on China and both North and South Korea. (I thought this was a pretty interesting idea you had, where Russia reactivates previous cold war states. India is the world's largest "democracy"...Bangladesh is more related with Pakistan being also a Muslim country. India & Pakistan both get their military hardware from the US outdated tech. I could see Russia looking to Rising China, now the world's 2nd largest economy which is currently spending heavily on it's military...China's ally North Korea has been sending armaments to Iran, so they are already with Iran & Russia, therefore drawing China into the alliance.)
-The first to join was Russia, being the second largest military force in the world, this was to be a genuine threat. Russia and the Taliban shared a common enemy, the United states of America and their allies. (Hate to say this but even this incident would not get Russia into a war with US/NATO forces. Russia, Iran, China & North Korea however are quite close; And knowing this, Al-Qaeda manages to set off a dirty bomb in Israel, saying that Iran will provide them with a nuke if US/NATO/Allies do not leave all of the middle east.)
-The UN who were protecting these civilians whilst fighting the Taliban became weak, and soon became so unstable and over-militarized they launched a nuclear weapon on the middle east, killing millions. Many of the terrorist leaders fled to the north to find comrades to join their cause. (Al-Qaeda mainly get supporters who willingly join their cause due to the civilian casualties caused by mainly US/NATO forces. The UN only provide aid, no combat role...well maybe as support watch "Black Hawk Down". That doesn't mean their isn't resentment within the Muslim world between Sunni & Shiite groups, and since Al-Qaeda is a Sunni movement it would not be below them to use Shiite civilians as suicide bombers under threat of killing their families. So you could say that in their attempt to keep support strong to their cause, they "Al-Qaeda" planted a dirty bomb in a Shiite province & blamed US/NATO forces).
-In a final effort the Taliban who spread a message of propaganda which made their enemies tremble in fear and innocent civilians join their cause, all in the name of Allah. (Might want to change the Taliban, which are locally centered in Afghanistan to Al-Qaeda which is a terrorist organization all over the Muslim world).
- The main terrorist force in Afghanistan is dead. (This country never had a military force, just warlords, and "terrorist" is usually a term given by oppressors to people fighting for their way of life... Think Robin Hood. HOWEVER, Taliban, "Students" way of life was a very strict society, which could also be viewed as oppressive to the woman of that country...this gave the Taliban a negative image to the world view)
***The comments in parenthesis "()" are my thoughts on the likeliness of future events, yet trying to stay as close to your background story as possible. Hope you like it, I try to stay current with what's happening in the real world & hope this will add possible realism to your mod.
+1 vote this if you want Contra to make a demo video of Contra 008
I'd be happy to. I love realism, & since this takes place in the future it might also help to watch some "Future Weapons" episodes from discovery channel.
I'll try to use your layout and play on it.
Hmmm...never new CoP npcs could loot our stashes. O well time to play Presky & wait for the update on npcs looting our stuff in this mod!!!
You make me happy.
You're making me happier and happier with every reply! I guess the saddening part is that this will take longer then I previously stated with all these wonderful additions you guys have been doing to v2.5, but I believe this will be worth the wait!
Batteries?! OMG EVEN BETTER!!! Do these type of things for every item in the game! I love realism = SmP!
Wait, "stalker oblivion lost 2009 RC1"? That's one of the best mods for soc! Does this mean this is a continuation of that mod?!
Because those new modders are the new people who are interested in modding STALKER while older teams lose interest, and instead of criticizing mods, they are actively learning and contributing their visions to the STALKER community. Who knows, maybe one of those "******", "ripoff" modders will help fix/improves on LURK after they have learned to mod other mods.
Be grateful there are people still modding for the STALKER community & not just criticizing other people's attempts to better the STALKER world we all love to play in.
"Closed beta version 2.5 Will be released very soon" leads me to believe that it will come out before end of 2010... I'm hoping "very soon" means by this month.
"night vision scopes" -(Jan 6th, 2010) o my... anticipation is building.
"Not Yet"...fluffy, you're making me happy! Plz share that script with STALKER modders across the STALKER games (soc, cs & cop). The game is gonna get a lot more interesting!
Good to know, guess it's just the waiting game now...
Yup, AI is definitely where the most improvement will need to come from. Let's hope STALKER 2 will improve on this.
As for the coding/spawn problems, I would suggest asking other modders of CoP how they managed to edit those things. Who knows, maybe they will give you the programs they used.
It's true loners are loners, but what about faction wars? Should you join a faction, you can't interact with them on a mission?
All right keep up the good work, your very consistent on keeping up with the mod. Wondering what version the feedback version will be when you're ready to upload it! xD
I'm also hoping you will fuse, LURK's arena, Lost Alpha's maps/artifact system/vast item add-ons & improve AI along with realistic visuals like this:
Thanks for reviving Oblivion Lost!
Did you see this?
OmeG 9hours 55mins ago replied:
LOL, well he did admit that it was his fault. I would suggest adding command dialog like "stay here" or "disband". That looked like terrible pathfinding from that one npc or maybe he was still targeting the pseudo dog while also trying to get into cover. In that case it priority should have been given to finding cover rather then fight dog. Maybe make the npc's dog on friend status to not have that happen.
I'm not sure what you mean by the booster, the stats seem to mean you can carry 10kg more for 60 secs and greater weight for less secs.
I find that this helps for ammo:
Npc's scavenge items of dead bodies, so what happens when a expert dies & a rookie chances upon his remains? Weapons are continuously fed into the Zone through Military, Freedom, Traders & Mercs. Duty obtains weapons through Traders. Even Bandits have their black market weapons. Guns also go by "survival of the fittest" so your most likely to see very deadly guns in the zone, not little pea shooters, maybe rookie loners might start out with their own pistols, but they won't survive long unless they get their hands on better guns. Trying to make gun progression harder defeats logic. The only way to hinder progression would be to make better guns sold by traders very expensive, but once again I can just pick up a weapon up from any dead bodies from firefights near me & save my money for ammo.
Hope to try out this mod soon!
Can npc's loot our stashes? I always found it boring that I could store my items anywhere I wanted & they would still be there instead of in some npc's ill-gotten inventory... makes the game harder and more interesting when you actually have to hide your items or create your own stash where npcs are not likely to go... it's also fun to gun down thieves when you look in their inventory and find your items with them!