This member has provided no bio about themself...
I already know about scripts for nazguls etc - those will not be in Warcraft as we lack skills for such things.
I know of this glitch, it reminds me of it as i had forgotten - there are a rebel army spawning there and that's why the cities are rebel-held but it doesn't look like it.
- When i played hotseat as rebels and the Irish among others i to my surprise found two hidden rebel stacks in those cities. I don't know why as i removed the stacks from the descr_strat - i will look up the file again and the scripts and fix that in the next patch.
Yeah :P, at least one will get to kill them off.
Because the roster was Warcraft 1 at first, before we changed it to Warcraft 3 - the skeletons and Necrolytes/Warlocks are not in campaign and only in custom battles for the Horde.
It's finished according to the creator.
I see - i will postpone the roster pics until later because your pics should probably be showed for awhile before i add mine.
Yeah, these are the Archers - the others are Moonstrikers i believe.
I don't think these are the Archers - these are better units. Can't remember their names.
I have no clue how they did it, but i am thnking maybe they changed two turns per year into 12 turns per year - delaying the aging of generals.
Well, the one thing i may actually update the mod with is balance - i never finished balancing the rosters.
- Otherwise i still have unused hero-models for Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon but they do need some work. They have faces and everything but needs riging.
- Other heroes such as Joffrey, Tyrion, Tywin etc are also WIP:s and i have the files - but they are unfortunately just bodies without faces.
- I also had some raw-material for some more minor houses.. But i do not think i will spend time adding those.
- 5.0 was going to use the assets mentioned plus have balance.
As AwoiAF has all the units, not counting the heroes and "possibly not" the unused models that i have from the files (as they are raw-material and needs work in MS3D) i believe the mod will continue in that mod..
- VltimaRatio is still part of their team, and he is the unit creator and modeller so he will probably continue creating awesome units in their mod..
- As for Game of Thrones it probably has a different setting, as that mod is set when Stannis is marching on Wineterfell etc - while this one is "The War of 5 Kings" with House Renly and stuff.
I do not know what will happen with the House Renly units. VltimaRatio wanted that faction but they are not part of Parafix's mod. So they will probably re-create GoT within their project later i believe.
- I am working on alot of other projects, and don't really see the point of working on this one when that one (which is more stable and has a huge map) will be released in march.
But i will write to Vltima about what to do with the heroe-models and remaining unused assets.
- I do also have unique Ironborn-models from another Warband-mod that looks really good and are actually better than Vltima's for the Ironborn. I will probably send them to Vltima too.
I guess the only update you may get is a balance-update because i may want balance before playing 4.9 myself. I was too lazy to finish it but if i do i will update the release with the balanced version.
People are still downloading it and playing it so in that sense it is very much alive..
- But development has ceased due to certain events.
I don't think Medieval II supports immortal generals and family members so they will be mortal i guess.
Hello, unfortunately i am also a CD-user.
I have been playing Medieval II since 2007 i believe.
Still, they come as they are ready - and the release will come after.
Before march 29 - hopefully before end of february. Not much has been done in decembre and january, so still there are some things left to do.
Only the heroes in custom battles will have battle models.
- None have stratmap models currently.
Hopefully new rosters will be previewed soon in the pic-section - such as The Horde, Dark Horde, Ahn'Qiraj and Kingdom of Azjol'Nerub.
- Warcrafthero has finished most of their portraits.
A new video (the Farraki Trolls VS Ahn'Qiraj) might be ready soon too - i just need to balance Ahn'Qiraj.
More previews are at my Youtube channel mrnygren2 or at TWC in the Warcraft Total War Alpha thread.
No, it has less good quality units for some of the factions.
- The Sundering has really great quality on their units, and BotET has too - but i believe the Sundering has better looking High Elves, similar Dark Elves but with some unique cool units not in BotET - and then others are also very good here and sometimes less good looking there.
Yes, it stoped at half for me too - probably need to w8 a day between the two parts but i closed the window.
When it's at the right place it should just be a matter of clicking the executable.bat.
- It should work like any other mod using Steam. But i am no expert there - if you have the CD-version and want to play then place the mod in the mods-folder of your Med II directory and start by just doubleclicking the executable.bat (not pagan or norman).
You are not supposed to install TLK first, and then add this submod - you are supposed to just place this submod in your mod-folder and do not need prior versions.
Soon maybe, but no date yet - first i am doing the balancing, then the descr_strat and the EDB, then add and implement the stratmodels finished by this time - new ones are Blood Elven rangers for captains, and another for the generals (will need High elven retextures), Amani stratmodel general (could use a Drakari retexture) and a Gurubashi Captain (could use retextures for all the other trolls) and a Naga Wrath of Azshara stratmodel for Captain, but i have lost it currently due to it being on a laptop and me forgetting to back it up before getting rid of it (may be possible to retrieve it again) - then i need to playtest the mod to make sure there are no CTD-issues due to unit-sizes or formations being too big and taking up too much space.
- After that i just need to add all the rebels to the regions of the map, as well as garrision empty settlements for rebels as well - in order to make the capaign less empty. Then playtest again to make sure everything works - finally i will probably add some custom settlements to the naga and some others.
- WarcraftHero will at the same time probably finish off more unit cards, and Bantu hopefully brings me more stratmodels (hopefully he has the Naga cap or i'd need to get the laptop back for a moment).
Ask at TWC, i am not using Steam.
It has all the files reqired, you just lack skills in modifying Med II.
- You need Medieval II and it's expansion installed.
And preferably you need the CD-version of the game as well, after which you place the mod-folder inside of the Medieval II/Mods-directory.
If you use Steam just do the ordinary thing.
I still have your first R&R submod that i really liked - Hotseat worked in it but not in the later. And i love playing as everyone, even though i haven't had time lately.
- The new mod seems very promising even though i am sad India was cut.
The new settlements are gorgeous, so you guys have removed buildable buildings (you could build and destroy buildings which i liked - but on the other hand the result became lots of empty spaces after destroying all the cool buildings.
- I've read there won't be empty spaces now? So that should mean no buildable buildings and that everything is there from the start?
I think East of Rome may have destroyed Colloseums if that would be interesting? Not entirely sure but they used DBM-settlements and made retextures out of them plus added stuff.
The retextures of some of the settlements are in use in my TLK-submod.
I have alot of time so will finally be able to playtest this mod as well as Elder Scrolls, Gothic, Warhammer BotET and others.
It should work if you change the correct numbers in the EDU (Export_descr_unit) - make sure it's the one with that name and not a copy.
- Also, Medieval II may have hardcoded limits so put the number down if it's too high and it CTD. There is nothing that says Rome Total War has the same limits as Med 2 - and i do not know the limits myself as i have forgotten. Keeping numbers in my head ain't my strong side.
- Also, the number 90 isn't equal with 90 units - maybe 80 in the EDU equals 200+ units in the mod? And there are limits.
Ah, good that it was solved for you.
I guess i didn't like the negative tone, but yes it's annoying when things do not work as expected.
- So this is good news.
Ask at the Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times mod-page about patching the steam version.
It's their patch.
I am not the creator of the full mod.
I am the creator of the WotN submod - adding stuff to the old release from 2013.
Also, alot of smaller mods are also added on-top of this one.
TLK is using three executable.bat-files. Only the one labeled "executable.bat" should be used when using my submod - otherwise all kinds of files may get overwritten.
The norman and pagan executables are from the original version and should not be used - they will most likely overwrite my submod causing the mod not to work.
- the -bak-files i have no clue why those are created.
I did not create the scripts, they are there since before.
I did replace units of rosters, balance the new rosters/units, implemented new factions, add the music mod after editing all the music tracks - and i did alot of coding in files such as the EDB, EDU, Descr_strat, rebel_factions etc and added new animations.
The advanced scripts in the scripts-file are the old teams work.
- So the extra campaigns (Pagan and Norman) are also old and not compatible as far as i know.
- A submod means i have made improvements and added content to an older mod.