www.buccaneersreef.com Marooned and adrift...
Happy New Year
I am pleased to announce that the long awaited new version (1.6.0) of the GOF ERAS2 mod is almost ready for release. It should be out this coming weekend.
The following are the new additions to the mod:
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT: Mast crashing has been fixed once and for all by our brilliant coder Jeffrey.
We are testing new dismasting numbers to find a new balance. For now they will stay the same, but losing masts will no longer crash your game in small or large battles by your ships or enemy ships. This is huge and something we have been trying to fix for seven years. THREE CHEERS TO JEFFREY!
- 9 New Swords (bringing us to a total of 141 hand held weapons)
- 17 New pistols (bringing us up to 63 different firearms combinations)
- 5 New Items (bringing us up to 581 items in the game)
- 6 New Ships (bringing us up to 204 ships) NOTE: Jeffrey has written new code allowing additional texture skins to be encountered over the three already in place for each model. Many ships now have additional skins that can be encountered. This brings up encounters to potentially around 700 uniquely skinned ships that can be encountered in the game.
To see some of the new ships go to my flickr page: Flickr.com
- 11 New Characters:
Prudence "Spitfire" Stevens
- One New Location!
- Six Fighters available in party
- Promotion mod fixed with promotions happening more often and more titles available with historically correct title names for each nation. Titles can now also be obtained by purchasing them from Governors.
- Flags can now be purchased and the flag perk can be obtained with a 75 percent chance when successfully taking a ship of X nationality.
NEW FLAG MOD: Allows 49 different flags to be encountered. 5 war flags per nation and 5 merchant flags per nation that are historically correct and will be seen in convoys WAR or TRADE. This new mod also eliminates texture stretching so that high resolution non distorted flags are now seen.
NEW PENNANT MOD: Allows ships to be encountered with nationally correct historical pennants along with flags.
Marooning Mod: If your ship is sunk you have a chance of washing up onto a beach somewhere randomly as do your officers. Others may also escape the sinking and be encounter-able again in different locations.
Many new deck locations and cabin locations imported, built by the talented modeler Orazio and some retextured by MK.
Much more work that is continuing that will not be included in this version to be announced in future versions to include a new world map with many new island and colony locations.
Stay tuned for release and links where it can be obtained.
No blogs were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the blog list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.