Also known as "Marcusyaho" Action/horror gamer and level designer. I can help you with more or less any Amnesia scripting and Level editor problems. I'm also available if you need a map tester
Mod Review on Oct 8th, 2013 - 1 person agrees 2 people don't
- Good scripted
- Fun idea
- Cellar scared the crap out of me
- Death is final, everything can be saved (see what I did there? Lol)
- Very short (mini game I know, but it's still too short for my taste)
Death means gameover, although we can save and exit at anytime, so dying doesn't mean we have to try again, we can load the game from the moment before we died (if you save the game right before entering the next area).
I like the idea, I like the creativity, the monster in the cellar gave me a heartattack, but it's so short. It's not perfect, but it could be much worse. Good job.
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on Sep 1st, 2013 - 1 person agrees
- Intresting levels
- The monster camera is a really cool idea! Well done with that
- Nice ideas
- The button quest is really great
- The story is not that good
- Short (although it said "to be continued")
- Bad language (no points removed though since my english isn't the best either)
- Lack of challange and puzzles
- Cave in sounds for 3 seconds, earthquake. Lol
- "You play as Daniel" Go figure
- Lightning inside the house isn't very good
- Overuse of supplies (found over 15 oil potions in the same area)
- "I took the drug, how stupid am I?" You have no idea what the hell the drug will do to your body/mind, but yet you take it. That's beyond stupidity, the character is a retard
You have alot of nice ideas, you just need to improve them a lot. The story is not the best, but it's over Average. Some improvements and it can become something great. Hope next part will be better and I'm looking forward to play it.
You fixed the bug I found including other bugs which is both a good improvement but also shows me that you care about your work and care about what other people is telling you. Therefor, the score is now 7/10.
Some things can't be fixed, as simple as that, but if the things you can fix will be fixed, then I'm willing to higher the score even more. Good luck with future projects.
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on Aug 29th, 2013 - 2 people agree
- Huge creativity
- Intresting quests
- Pretty cool final
- A few maps scared me quite alot actually
- Alot of the scares are pretty lame
- "HUGE amount of gold!" And I get a smal oil potion and a Laudanum, seriously?
- The storyline could use some work. Notes are weak and unintresting for example
- The hotel was very empty and boring compared to the rest of the story
- The scary music in the dungeon was a bit loud and annoying after a while
I expected this to be lame but it turned out it actually was a funny story! I loved the NPCs, the wierd but intresting quests and your humour actually was humour and not some random dead guy farting in a closet like most "humour" stories contains of.
The storyline was weak but all the positive things weighted it up.
It also felt like you took your time on some of the scares while some other scares was just lame and rushed.
Oh, and the shop owner is a peice of ****! Alot of gold = a sanity potion? HUGE amount of gold = a little oil and a Laudanum ^_^. I was hoping for something good but that's what I get for giving him that much gold? Keeping the gold would have been a better investment for the main character.
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on Jun 17th, 2013 - 1 person agrees 2 people don't
A story with alot of creative content and nice level design, although it's very short and lacks story.
- Creative quests
- Score rods
- Some very nice areas with alot of details
- Not much work put into the story line
- Not very scary at all
- Very few notes, no mementos nor a background of the character
- Short story
- The ending was not very satisfying
- Only one monster (after the nightmare scene) that wasn't seen untill the later part of the story, and when he showed up, he refused to leave. Not to mention that he was everywhere around every corner
I honestly liked this story pretty much and the level design is pretty great, I just wasn't very happy with the story line because it barley is one and not very scary either. Take a step further with the story next time, make it deeper and longer and I will enjoy your next work even more I'm sure.
7/10 - Good
on May 26th, 2013
- 3 people agree
This review may contain spoilers
A beautifully designed story with an okay story line behind it. Scripting is really good for a new mapper, although this story has so many bugs it nearly ****** me off.
- Good level design
- Creative maps
- Alot of scares (alhough some of them not scary at all)
- Different kind of quests, some of them even new and never used before
- Long story
- Some areas are better than others. Beutiful levels, suddenly really poor level design (like at the dungeon part after you escape from the prison cell)
- Some quests are ridiculously hard to solve! Like the cell part in the dungeon. It took me 4 tries to move that wood thing correctly. Why couln't I just use the hammer? It's probably even stronger. Also, alot of items, such as keys and the yellow rod are very hard to notice
- Bugs! Like when you unlock the master bedroom, enter another level and goes back and suddenly the door is locked again. Or the machine room at the end of the story. I did all the quests in there except the rod quest (because I missed the yellow one and went back to get it) and all the quests in the machine room were messed up and could not be completed
Also, at the cellar part, a grunt came from the roof. I ran away from him and he was stuck and the annoying "IIIIIIIIIII" sound was on for like 10 minuts untill I finally ran too far away from him
And one wierd thing. In the Warehouse at the end, if you don't close the gate, nothing happens. If you close it, a monster is chasing you ^^. Didn't really understand that part.
- A bit too many encounters for my taste
- Bad particles in the cellar (liquid coming from the huge containers are clearly in the air and not flowing from the container itself)
- Alot of grammar mistakes (I'm bad at english to, so no points removed)
A really good story, but alot of bug fixing is needed
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on May 11th, 2013
Intresting story line and well made levels. Some unique quests and some really scary events!
But it did have some bugs, especially in the forest part. Some parts were also very bland and the ending was not satisfying at all.
But in overall, a great mod! Recommended
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on Feb 12th, 2013 - 8 people agree 5 people don't
The story line is intresting, but not very unique. Level design is the same. It's intresting, but could have been much better. It includes annoying lamps (I found like 30 flickering lamps, wich was annoying for my eyes), blue boxy fog in one of the bathrooms with a boxy, unrealistic water square on the floor and some honestly lame things, like the gas can part. Just putting a couple of gas cans on the floor is helping me in what way exactly? It also has a few bugs, glitches and very predictable scares. I'm normally scared, but I was not scared at all to be honest except for a few parts, like the monster chasing parts.
The technical part of the story is working just fine and the lenght and custom materials in it are all good.
In conclusion: It's very good and it's working great in overall, but I did expect much more from a Full Conversion. This is a regular custom story with some custom materials and voice actings for me. Not like a new game.
7/10 - Good