Also known as "Marcusyaho" Action/horror gamer and level designer. I can help you with more or less any Amnesia scripting and Level editor problems. I'm also available if you need a map tester
Mod Review on Sep 6th, 2013 - 6 people agree 2 people don't
- High level of creativity
- Advanced, yet not too hard puzzles
- Amazing level design! It's obvious that you took your time with it
- Story line is so unique as it can be
- Best voice acting I've ever heard in Amnesia! Huge cred to the voice actors
- Suitor only spawned once and disappeared quickly. I saw no purpose with him
- Pretty few actual encounters (the grunt was walking around like 12 times and only attacked 1-2 times at most)
- The ending was way too easy, especially compared to the rest of the story. I did not understand what the Alexander voice acting did there. Was that a horseman?
I play a lot of stories, some of them are bad and some are decent. I ask myself "would I pay to play this story as a DLC?" And my answer is always No. But this time I could actually say "Yeah, I would pay to play this story".
There are a few minor things, like the ending, that could be a bit better, but it's close to perfection. The story is unique and refreshing, the level design is beutiful and the voice acting is the best I've ever heard in Amnesia.
10/10 - Masterpiece
Mod Review on Sep 5th, 2013 - 1 person agrees
- Scared the crap out of me
- For a new mapper, it's an okay story in whole
- Okay scripting (working monster path nodes, quests etc)
- I liked the ending actually (not the cliche "you escaped congratulations")
- Level design is not horrible but need a lot of work
- Lack details
- Story could be better as well
Is the story stupid? Yeah.. kinda. Is it the worst story I have ever seen? No absolutely not. For a first story, it's actually okay.
Level design is okay, but you need to fix texture glitches, add more details, make sure items are not floating in the air and so on.
It only contain jumpscares but the scare in the torture area scared the crap out of me! You did that one really well! But next time, make some regular scares as well, not just jumpscares. At least you didn't spam with flying naked guys...
I see potential in you. Take your time on your next project, don't rush with it and practise a bit more.
4/10 - Okay
Mod Review on Sep 4th, 2013 - 1 person agrees
- Scared the crap out of me
- An okay story in whole
- Some good quests and effects
- Story could be better, but it was okay
- Lack details
The story was okay, it's not the best I've played but I've played a lot worse as well.
I could for some reason enter a door in the first map and spawn in the last map (dining hall). No idea if this is a bug or a mistake from your side but it should be fixed.
The story line is nothing special. "Someone did experiments, now you must ecape before the monsters kill you". A cliche.
The level design is also average. Lacking details, some texture glitches here and there... in overall, pretty bland and boring.
I did like the quests and some of the effects though. Combine certain chemicals to create acid and the thunder effect in the "secret mansion" was pretty cool.
I'm not very afraid when it comes to monster encounters so I crawled away before the first grunt dissapeared and saw him when he suddenly stepped into the "despawn" trigger. The second grunt encounter scared the **** out of me though! I really didn't see that one coming. If you manage to scare me, which you did, good job! Very few people knows how to scare the crap out of me nowdays and you did that.
6/10 - Decent
Mod Review on Sep 3rd, 2013
- Grunt scared me
- Design is okay (except for some minor mistakes and lack of details)
- Extremely short
- Absolutely no story at all
- No challange
What is there to jugde here? The story is 3 minuts long :/. The very short gameplay contained some decently good level design (at least the apartment. The staircase was however bland and had some minor mistakes, like missing weldars at the stairs).
The grunt was a bit scary though because I was hoping I could run further up. I was wrong. I jumped past him like a ninja and crawled into a corner in hope he would go away. Lukcily it was enough.
To be honest, it's a very boring story because it barley is a story in this.
3/10 - Bad
Mod Review on Sep 1st, 2013 - 1 person agrees
- Intresting levels
- The monster camera is a really cool idea! Well done with that
- Nice ideas
- The button quest is really great
- The story is not that good
- Short (although it said "to be continued")
- Bad language (no points removed though since my english isn't the best either)
- Lack of challange and puzzles
- Cave in sounds for 3 seconds, earthquake. Lol
- "You play as Daniel" Go figure
- Lightning inside the house isn't very good
- Overuse of supplies (found over 15 oil potions in the same area)
- "I took the drug, how stupid am I?" You have no idea what the hell the drug will do to your body/mind, but yet you take it. That's beyond stupidity, the character is a retard
You have alot of nice ideas, you just need to improve them a lot. The story is not the best, but it's over Average. Some improvements and it can become something great. Hope next part will be better and I'm looking forward to play it.
You fixed the bug I found including other bugs which is both a good improvement but also shows me that you care about your work and care about what other people is telling you. Therefor, the score is now 7/10.
Some things can't be fixed, as simple as that, but if the things you can fix will be fixed, then I'm willing to higher the score even more. Good luck with future projects.
7/10 - Good
Mod Review on Aug 31st, 2013 - 2 people agree 1 person doesn't
- Attempt to create a storyline
- Some decent scares
- The puzzles were harder than expected
- Lame monster encounters
- The story is weak and illogical in many ways
- A lot of level design fails
- How am I supposed to unlock the desk door?
- You can interact with the grass at the first map, making it really buggy
- What did I need the silver key in the dining room for?
- I entered the dungeon and the door I came through disappeared?
- I had to cheat to beat the devil
- Your english can be highly improved
I played your first story and it was bad. You said this one was supposed to be better but I can honestly not see a huge difference. Your first story had a naked guy, this one didn't, although this story had monsters that appeared in front of my face for no reason, no billboards like your first story, a lot of level design mistakes and nothing make sense whatsoever.
What I'm trying to say is, you improved some things while some other things are worse than your first story. It seems like you learned something and forgot about other things.
3/10 - Bad
Mod Review on Aug 29th, 2013 - 1 person agrees
- Huge level of creativity
- Unique and refreshing storyline
- Wonderful level design
- New ideas
- Voice acting
- New enemies/danger
- Sometimes hard to know what to do (wasn't stuck for too long though)
- The graveyard "enemie" was great although not very obvious untill I died and the death hint rolled in
A huge part of the story made no sense at first, but the further I came into the story, the more answers I found. Exactly like a story is supposed to be! Finding answers, putting puzzle pieces togheter and ofcourse being satisfied at the end. This story had everything I expected and more. I highly recommend this to every Amnesia player out there!
10/10 - Masterpiece
Mod Review on Aug 29th, 2013 - 6 people agree
It's the Italian language so I decided to take some time to translate it before I played it. Nothing but a huge waste of time
- Almost no story at all
- Horrible "scares"
- Horrible level design
- Mostly everything else :/
The level design has so many holes, texture glitches, stretched walls, floating objects and horrible scares so I was surprised when I saw a place without any.
I'm telling you what I tell every new author. Don't upload your first story! As hard as it sounds, but even my first story was way better than this and I didn't upload it because it wasn't good enough.
In short: waste of time. Practise more and then come back.
1/10 - Pointless
Mod Review on Aug 29th, 2013 - 2 people agree 1 person doesn't
- Huge creativity
- Intresting quests
- Pretty cool final
- A few maps scared me quite alot actually
- Alot of the scares are pretty lame
- "HUGE amount of gold!" And I get a smal oil potion and a Laudanum, seriously?
- The storyline could use some work. Notes are weak and unintresting for example
- The hotel was very empty and boring compared to the rest of the story
- The scary music in the dungeon was a bit loud and annoying after a while
I expected this to be lame but it turned out it actually was a funny story! I loved the NPCs, the wierd but intresting quests and your humour actually was humour and not some random dead guy farting in a closet like most "humour" stories contains of.
The storyline was weak but all the positive things weighted it up.
It also felt like you took your time on some of the scares while some other scares was just lame and rushed.
Oh, and the shop owner is a peice of ****! Alot of gold = a sanity potion? HUGE amount of gold = a little oil and a Laudanum ^_^. I was hoping for something good but that's what I get for giving him that much gold? Keeping the gold would have been a better investment for the main character.
7/10 - Good
on Aug 28th, 2013
- 2 people agree
This review may contain spoilers
This story is so short so I might as well type down my gameplay
I spawned inside a cell and a key is lying on the floor infront of me. It's, ofcourse, unlocking the celldoor (You lock someone in but leave a key so he can get out? I see no logic in that). I find a key after a while and a grunt spawns. I only had 1.5 sec to hide so he saw me at first. Luckily he gave up. I unlocked the level door with the key.
I find the celler in the house I just went into.
End of chapter 1
I go deeper into the cellar (with only 2 rooms), I pick up the key and a water monster surprisingly spawn behind me. I jumped past him, went back to the house and chapter 2 ends.
I unlock a room with the key I found and picks up another key lying on the floor. A naked guy appears infront of my face for no reason in a pathetic attempt to scare me. Fails miserably.
I unlock the house entrance with the key.
End of story.
The only reason why I give you 3/10 instead of 1 like most stories like this one deserves is because I actually see potential in you. You used music, billboards, working monster with path nodes and some scripting. In short, you, unlike most people that create stories for a certain youtuber, friend etc, tried to create a story. It just failed.
Work alot more on the level design! You actually have a decent start, but there's too many texture glitches and lack of details. Maps are also too short in my opinion.
More and better scares! Naked guys that appears from nowhere = not a good idea!
More challange! You have nothing but key quests.
And a much longer story! This took me 5 minuts to complete.
Because you tried and didn't overuse lame jumpscares, here you go.
3/10 - Bad