I have done a partial mini-revamp to Jabba. This includes parts of the map which were originally planned for a JabbaV2. Many areas are also left out, as they are unfinished. So pretty much, I just put the finished changes into the current Jabba, while leaving the others for potential future updates. This is the result.
There are only a few minor visual changes, most of the changes are behind the scenes in the form of brushwork and VIS. (The map is a mess)
So, here are pictures of the visual changes. The first few pictures you will see the big room in main has a lot more cover, and is a lot less open. The second set of pictures shows the area just outside of the door to the rancor pit. Instead of the mini-cantina looking area, it is now more of a cave with flames to light it up.
Here is a list of the CURRENT changes. A few more may happen during testing, you never know.
- Added more spawns to Rebels. There are now 32 initial spawns to prevent telefrags.
- Added more spawns to Imperials. There are now 64 initial spawns to prevent telefrags and crashes.
- Added 60 second delay for initial Rebel spawn change to prevent flanking right off the bat.
- Added new new pillars to the area in main to add cover and variety.
- Added a new room outside of rancors pit, that looks more authentic.
- Fixed a few wallbugs
- Fixed a few areaportals
- Fixed the cooking area in kitchen
- Slightly updated lighting
- Revamped brushwork in the main area, so that it aligns to the grid, and is easier to modify for later.
- Revamped VIS stage, less detail brushes, more efficient structurals, and hint brushes