I do coding/scripting/configs/ect. Right now I'm working on the 'STALKER: Call of Pripyat' mods RCOM and Faction Fronts.
The RCOM forums here on moddb is a good place :)
Its always at least listened to. Acceptance depends on what the advice is.
To answer your questions...
1. Currently plans are you can not join factions in RCOM.
2. There are no plans for new mutant models, but there are some "legendary" mutants being added.
3. The Renegade faction is purely hostile.
4. Its hard to give approximate release date, because there's assorted modders working on RCOM, and one's modding time can be unpredictable.
5. The difficulty is going to be similar to RCOM v.1.0.6 in combat, but the economy is being reworked to be more difficult and give more of a scavenging feel to the game. Lower difficulties are also being tweaked to be balanced as well, for those who find RCOM too tedious on master.
I'll try and get something up before too long.
Sounds good! Seems more like something you'd expect a STALKER to play than some of the vanilla songs. This is more "lonely camper," whereas some of the vanilla songs can get a slight bit too"technical and composed" sounding IMO.
You can't until the next version is released. Current releases don't include additional maps.
Extra maps will be include with the next release.
Looking really awesome!! I can't wait to see it in action.
HAHA awful pun, perfect!
But who said anything about the military?
Glad you got it running. :)
Please start using the bug reports forum for bug reports. :)
In the future, its a little easier to answer bug issues in the bug section of the forums, but I'll do it here for you since you already posted a comment for it. :)
For the first crash, make sure you have the "RCOM v1.0.6 Beta Patch 1" installed before tweaking any values. Beyond that, you'll have to find the text string the report mentioned ("ammo_12.7×33mm_AE") and replace it with the proper one, which should be "ammo_12.7×33_ae" instead.
For the second crash, the "DialogHolder" crash, it is hard to say what the issue is. That usually means a typo or error in an xml or ltx config file. You'll just have to find the typo by going over what you changed again.
There are new weapons being added. More details on weapons will be posted eventually.
Well, it was going to be this summer, although I took a short break for a couple months and just got back to working on RCOM a few weeks ago. I'll post news and/or screenshots before too long again.
I just don't want to make sure all the screenshots/news posted show something RCOM specific as well, instead of just shots from around the RCOM zone that could be confused easily for the vanilla game.
Thanks for reporting the bug, however the Grouse bug is a known bug, and actually the RCOM bug that's been reported the most by a large margin. It'll be fixed by next release.
I know there was a compatibility patch the Cromm Cruac (creator of Atmosfear) made for Atmosfear 2.0 and RCOM v.1.0.6 and it was on his site.
It's similar to what will be used in game, which will be a newer version of Darius6's Sound Overhaul mod.
Real guns don't have have a ton of bass boost and volume compression on them. That's just what everyone gets used to because it helps give the impression of loudness and power while keeping the volume low and intrusive. Sorry, but its unlikely something else will be used for weapon sounds.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
Nope, not Monolith. I'm not saying who or what though.
So is this going to be similar to the news system found in AMK mod? If so, that's pretty cool! Will STALKER's call for help at all, kind of like in CS but not annoying and pointless (haha) like in CS?
Who's the scripter, btw?
There's a lot of weapons out there. For sure the work the rest of the RCOM team is doing will make it into RCOM, obviously. Beyond that, I've been looking around and seen a lot of other modder's work and will be asking them for permission if I think the weapon will work in RCOM.
There's 3 main things I'm looking for in additional weapons:
- A fresh gameplay approach; for example a bolt action rifle, revolver, a semi-auto assault rifle, ect. Guns that provide something new that isn't represented by the vanilla weapons in CoP or RCOM.
- Weapons that texture's fit with the other weapon's visual style in RCOM. I'm pretty OCD about this kind of thing, even though I'm not a 2D artist. I trust the texture artists working on weapons for RCOM, however. :)
- Weapons that fit with both STALKER and RCOM lore. AK variants, Bizons, WW2 rifles and stuff on Stalkers, instead of having something like an XM8 with every attachment possible. NATO coutries getting their appropriate arms if possible, for example French NATO troops being armed with FAMAS, ect.
Well I never played Clear Sky, but my idea was to have this massive war between this so called "Clear Sky" faction that I guess is still going strong or something...and have their enemies be a clone of Bandits called "Renegades" so there's someone to shoot at. Oh, these Renegades literally are going to just be bandit NPC's too, just with their faction renamed to Renegades.
Artifact containers is a good idea, but like you guessed; there's either a small amount or nothing going into to RCOM that hasn't already been planned or announced. The artifact system is different already though; there's variation to artifact stats, they are a bit more pro/con instead of almost all being great as long as you can get rid of the radiation. Somewhat similar to the gameplay concept behind the weapon modifications in RCOM, I suppose.
I'm probably sticking with artifact guns, but they'll be modified specifically for artifact rounds.
Good news for those who wanted RCOM to included proper magazine usage!
The STALKER modder "ThunderFreak" has been working a CoP version of his ShoC magazine mod, and has kindly given me permission to include it in the next RCOM release.
It ain't Freedom here anymore. ;)
The update is up already.
Too much time has already been invested in it for it to die. I'd feel like all that time was wasted if RCOM died!!!
I have no plans of including an RCOM "encyclopedia" type of feature, just do to the extra amount of work that would need done. While ideas are still nice to hear, most things that are done or are going to be done for the next RCOM have been decided. You never know though, so ideas and suggestions are never bad!