Just an old boy.
Do not use launcher.
Use this method:
Install/unpack it anywhere, then copy to your game/mods folder, then create short/batch file to start it.
91 is ok. More than 100 would make lag.
Eclipse. It was real ship. Sovereign was wip.
I hope that this time mod will come with decent documentation. It was real pain to discover every piece of information myself.
Another wish: make unit description actually USEFUL: like ISD bla bla bla has firepower 1234, shield strength 4455, hyperdrive 344 or something.
I just want to say: thank you for that utility.
For those that like playing Pentastar I found it new color scheme too dark (can't see it well on my laptop). Anyway it's easy to change this dark blue to something more visible. I suggest:
<Color> 0, 61, 245, 255 </Color>
<No_Colorization_Color> 0, 61, 245, 255 </No_Colorization_Color>
<Display_Font_Color> 0, 61, 245, 144 </Display_Font_Color>
<Big_Fleet_Color> 0, 61, 245, 144 </Big_Fleet_Color>
6. Missing names (hardpoints):
Bothan Advanced Destroyer, Longhorn Escort Cruiser.
7. Some ships have missing names.
8. MaximumFleetMovementDistance is too small to attack from Korriban to Yavin 4.
9. Research does not work in GC. To have all ships one need to edit campaign xml or use advanced options when starting campaign.
I played GC waiting for new version. So here are my thoughts:
1. Single Palleon SD is not enough versus 2 ISDII, even it is said Palleon is powerful.
2. Building many fighter squadrons is better than building ships (faster build time, more firepower).
3. It will be better to temporarily remove land combat (besides starting planets) as it interferences with campaign (too little land combat to produce any land forces anyway).
4. Starting planets should give more pop points and more cash.
5. Is there any research tree? If not setting GC as tech level 5 would be good move.
Moving shaders to main data folder solved the problem. But I'm not sure about messing with main folder through.
Why some planets are land accessible (beside starting ones that have to be like Coruscant and Mon Calamari)?
"main feature from this, it is a reduced xml code of less 30mb where I have not deleted any unit or faction" - HOW did you do it?
Good mod but starbases are too weak in 3.2. Everything happens too fast for my taste (but can be easily edited with xml). One ISD plus one VSDII with few Carracks can destroy every starbase. Not very canon I suppose.
I suggest a few changes: +300% shields for starbases, +100% tactical health for every space/land object.
One or two X-wings can destroy every land opposition (unless aa cannons are nearby).
There should be some summary about mod: what to expect from it.
Maybe you will prepare GAW version without land part of them game (space victory = planet conquered) and more polished GC?
Mod does not crashes. But it is unbalanced.
My last comments with Empire.
1. Something wrong with Corellian ships. Could build their Destroyer, but now only can build Battlecruiser (something with addon to shipyard).
Battlecruiser eats less population than their Destroyer though.
2. Dreadnought eats 6 population point vs. 8 of ISD1, but is od little use. Not an option with those 6 points.
3. Credits in galaxy are scarce, I like it. Anyway with some 40-50+ planets in my control, I have enough.
4. Rebel AI attacks sporadically. A few times they attacked planets with raids. Two-three times they attacked with fleet (Home One and co). Many times they used bounty hunters.
5. Necessity to capture planet by planet limits AI ability (hyperspace jump radius is low, so no posibility to omit any planet)
So when will there gonna be new version? Mod has potential to be great anyway.
Where is picture description? ;)
I like it when is nicely described.
Anyway - work approved.
Yup. They weren't. But Katyushas always have same size rockets. And this simulates Katyusha.
PS: EVEN this one ;)
He fixed it in HIS developing version. To remove bug just remove mando bombers (xml) and put for them imperial ones in 4.2.
What does Galaxy map look like now? Any changes from previous version?
If all three turrets fire the same missiles, then all turrets should be same size, isn't it?
But if you will be so far with the mod that release date will be "soon" I could arrange for you land part of mod WITHOUT any graphics improvement. Just logic, fire ranges, infantry vs. vehicles, mixed squads. In vanilla land combat is not very entertaining anyway.
If that is a bug so: IG-88A on land is a vehicle. Other IG-88 are droids. So they need different repair stations. Strange.
As far as I know IG-88s tried to put into production just those droid stuff from Clone Wars. But feel free to run your imagination and see them as victorious faction: they will try to design other/newer stuff perhaps. So you can virtually design all stuff for Droid Empire from scratch [if you have time for that]. ;)
Example: there are 11 hardpoints on ship of which 10 are targetable weapons of 100 hitponts each and 1 is "hull" hardpoint of 2000 hitponts. If ships has also non-targetable weapons, those other weapons will function till the destruction of the last hardpoint called "hull". "Hull" should be last one dead point just because of its sheer number of health. If I correctly understand your idea - this is what you tried: to have targetable and non-targetable weapons on one ship. Let's say all heavy turbolasers are targetable but small lasers (AA) are not, so ship even when lost main batteries can fend off those starfighters (till "hull" explode).
"This gives a very reasonable differsion of stuff for you to shoot at, yet keeps the idea of ships being powerful untill you destroy it intact, as there's many other weapons on this ship that you cannot destroy. Once these hardpoints are destroyed the ship will be destroyed. I am still thinking about it, but this is most likely the direction the mod will take." - just make 1 special hardpoint with MANY hitpoints ("hull") with no weapons, which mostly will be destroyed last - ending the ship existence.
"to keep the original FoC experience" - the orginal game was way too fast, day/week was changing so quick, I was not even able to click on planets ;) I always change in mods Fiscal_Cycle_Time_In_Secs and Political_Control_Change_Time_Seconds to 300 seconds (from "standard" 45).