This member has provided no bio about themself...
If you like, you can watch some videos, featuring this mod, on YouTube. Example: Comitatenses of Valentinian (late West Roman army):
It's version 1.0 but in fact it's a complete release with hotfixes.
One of the best or simply the best mod for RTW. Surely the best mod for Barbarian Invasion addon. It is only rivaled by Roma Surrecta with its elaborated background, historically accurate setup, immersive and atmospheric campaigns.
And you CAN play as whole late Roman Empire in the campaign as Julianus :)
Patch 1 is not available. Plese reupload if possible.
What you can do with those fighters in battle is only give them order of "seek enemy". Try to instruct AI (scripts?) to use it properly so it will work. The more fighters (ships) in battles the more micro management (as to the point it will tire every human commander ;)
Are heroes re-buildable or they gone when they die?
Can they capture pads/buildings? Or they are just for fun of riding bikes like in vanilla?
Can you make them as normal squads? I mean the numbers. If there will be 6-9 stormtroopers/rebels in squad, let there be 6-9 dartk troopers in squad. Just the price should be higher.
Thanks for answer and clarification!
1. Both Death Stars should be pricey to build. I can not tell if 80.000 is enough, as I don't know how easy/difficult will be to earn credits in mod.
2. "As for the corvettes and frigates they are still unlimited, because these come from hyperspace, which means they can come from ANYWHERE in the galaxy." - I see your point. Fair enough.
3. Mon Calamari could build any capital ships for any faction, but Mon Calamarian ships (MC40, MC 80) should be buildable on Mon Calamari planet. Right?
4. Starfighters. If they come in waves (after destroying former ones) that could be OK. I thought that ships will pump out tons of fighters at the start of battle.
5. Glad to hear both the Liberator and the Dauntless are in the mod. I hope Imperial-III SD will also be someday :)
6. Victory II-class Frigate as imperial equilvent to the Nebulon-B is a little strange because Nebulon-B was imperial frigate anyway :)
So please remember to fix the Mando bombing-run crash too.
If you've got a time :)
There should be some info posted here regardless being busy modding. Some picture or news. 6 months is long in moddb ;)
I second that ;)
I don't like his textures either, but it's a matter of taste.
So PLEASE be so nice don't use his textures in SOTE. Thank you.
Good to hear that!. There's no need to clone Alliance ;)
It is cooler ;)
I hope there will be beta available soon to test.
You can post it at storage page anywhere and give link to testers then delete it.
Some my thoughts about planned things in your mod:
1. Venators are buildable by ALL sides. GOOD.
2. All planets have higher credit income. GOOD.
3. Speaking of which, the Death Star now costs 28,000. BAD. What about 280,000? :) Plus it should takes MANY weeks to produce.
4. All planets are in their canon postions. GREAT.
5. Starbases have increase garrisons for GC. GOOD.
6. All starbases still have infinite reserve forces. - I prefere FINITE resources. What about giving them MORE but FINITE forces?
7. Fleet commanders now have their own starship. GOOD.
8. New infantry units based off Battlefront. Basic Infantry, Missile Infantry, Snipers, Engineers, and 2 specialized types. GOOD.
9. All stock/Vanilla ships now have a larger number of weapons. GOOD.
10. Shield points and Tactical health have been raised for most starships. GOOD.
11. Added Imperial III-class Star Destroyer. I LIKE IT ;)
12. Mon Calamari can only produce capital ships for the New Republic. I suggest it can only produce Calamarian ships (eg not Republic Star Destroyer or New Fleet program ships if they will ever be in mod).
13. Trade Ports can be built on any planet. The income created from these is like the Grand Arena. GOOD.
14.Victory I-class Star Destroyer has 8 Turbolasers and 6 Concussion Missile Launchers. LOVE IT - another GREAT thing :) I just don't understand WHY Vanilla and some mods have VSD without missiles.
15. Imperial I-class Star Destroyer with 4 Tie Interceptor Squadrons, 12 Tie Fighter Squadrons, 5 Tie bomber Squadrons, 4 Skipray Blastboast Squadrons.
Is it not too much squadrons? How well starfighters will fight against capitals? What about turbolasers/lasers accuracy? I worry you will have TOO MUCH fighters in battles.
16. Added Liberator-class Carrier/cruiser. GREAT. Waiting for Dauntless cruiser :)
Keep it coming Admiral.
So, please tell us when you're releasing the mod.
PS: orginally was "So please, Don't ask when I'm releasing the mod." ;-)
Any chance that in next update team will add/enhance ship/unit descriptions like this:
60/6 Turbolasers, 60/6 Ion Cannons, 8 X-Wing Squadrons, 6 Y-Wing Squadrons, Shield Strenght: 8,800, Tactical Health: 5,500
Abilities: Tractor Beam, Power to Shields ?
I know those info is in the manual but I will be happy to see it in game itself too :)
A very sensible made mod. Old but reliable. It's a pity map wasn't changed so planets are in strange vanilla positions.
"Yoda was one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in galactic history." but in the demo he is so weak warrior ;)
I hope he will be usable in updated version more as a fighter than sensor-man.
"* Added more upgrades." - what does exactly mean?
Any chance that in next update (1.2) team will enhance ship/unit descriptions like this?
"Heavy warship designed for planetary defense, planetary assault, and ship-to-ship combat. Armed with multiple missile launchers the Victory-class can bombard targets from distance or engage at close range."
"Heavy warship designed for planetary defense, planetary assault, and ship-to-ship combat. Victory-class can bombard targets from distance or engage at close range. Ship is equipped with 1000 strong points shields, has 1000 points durable hull and is armed with 100 missile launchers and 10 turbolasers."
This will be nice if actually one can compare ships without looking at xml files.
"I will try at least on a first version follow path started by JC." Please do just it. Try not to make it similar to your FOC Alliance mod.
It's enough to have one Alliance mod anyway ;)
No, you're not alone. Unfortunately.
But if you will make sure there is no XML or Scripts folder in the FoC Data folder (the data folder is in the same place as swfoc.exe) IT WILL WORK as intended.
Install.txt is wrong written ;)
It should be like this:
Extract contents of file: FULL_MOD_MAIN into:
Steam/steamapps/common/star wars empire at war/GameData/Mods/DATA
then make a shortcut.
"Units,explosions,lasers,missiles,rocket,bombs and again explosions are waiting you." Oh, yes. Explosions all around ;)
You could take some time to actually balance units in game and give them overall more health. Battles are unfortunately very short as most ships blows up really FAST;)
Unit prices and build times, galaxy map, hyperlane times - all these features could be updated. Unless you intended very short, bloody "skirmish" campaign.
I tried it a few times, but it's just TOO FAST for me. Space maps could be bigger for these units ranges of fire.
But visual effects are BRILLIANT.
Just add it to download section ;)
I will happily download it and comment.
So what about Beta? ;)
Anyway, here's some my thoughts about features:
1 **Increased land and space pop cap. Space is 40, Land is 20.
Great. It could be even more, newer PC can handle this.
2.**In just three days you could make enough credits to build the Death Star II and the Executor.
Wrong way. No canon at all. They were building those things long and painful way. It costs tons of money anyway. Stay it that way.
3.**All starbases still have infinite reserve forces (...)
Oh, no ;) From WHERE those forces come if I am THE MASTER of war of my chosen side? Give them (starbases) many forces, give a lot more, but make them finite.
4**New Ability==Activate Hyperdrive, Allows a single ship to make a jump to hyperspace (...)
I love to hear that.
5**Starbases in skirmish cost less and takes less time to upgrade. I changed the build times because this is skirmish mode, and you can't afford to wait 80 or 120 seconds to get new units. It's fine in GC, but NOT in skirmish mode!
YES. In skirmish yes. But make it cost more money and time in GC instead ;)
I just want to see that kind of info in game. Please try consider to update the ship/troop infos.
Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyers
10 heavy turbolasers
8 heavy ion cannons
4 missile launchers
2 torpedo launchers
1 Axial Superlaser
86 Tie interceptor squadrons
24 Tie bomber squadrons
Shield Health -- 200,000
Tactical Health -- 140,000
Shield Recovery Rate -- 16,000
And good luck - this mod looks very promising.
Because they ARE birds ;)