This member has provided no bio about themself...
Options menu in game, find correct textbox, type code in, click register ;)
It will do :). These are just mock-ups Jordan made, not final work.
Checkout TwinDrills.com, I added a donation button at the bottom if you want to use it :).
Info was posted a while back :3.
Linux version asap. Sorry, I've been dragging my *** a bit on that, will get it built for the next version :).
AV = AntiVirus. And there has to be something blocking it. I don't know your exact computer setup so I can't say, but I can assure you that message only occurs if no connection can be made; and if your localhost'ing the only way that I can think of that occurring is if something's blocking it.
Something is blocking it. That message is only shown if no socket connection can be made to the server (which would be localhost if your hosting). I would look at your firewalls and AV a bit more :3.
Read reply to your other comment.
Also; just because I haven't released a patch yet doesn't mean I haven't been working. I would rather not patch the game every time I update or fix things, otherwise people will spend all the time updating.
I do actually read and reply on the forums. The reason I haven't replied to your message is that it's already been posted several times and it's already been fixed (hopefully), I just haven't released a patch for it yet.
It's a multi-player only game, there isn't meant to be a single player :3. Port forwarding should be a non-issue if running locally, the only problem is playing truely offline as the master-server can't be contacted (I'll add some kind of fallback system if this happens in future versions).
Simply put; you have to have an online connection when playing.
What about my mug, why do I not get a click because of it D:
Just as a sub note to what Jordan said. Should be pushing an update at the weekend if I get everything done. Should fix a bunch of stuff, add some interesting bits and pieces, and should be built for linux and mac :3
That occurs when it can't communicate with the master server, which is responsible for checking updates/listing servers/etc.
Do you have a firewall or anything that could be blocking it's connection attempts? (master server requests are sent to Twindrills.com)
Really? I thought it was quite open and obvious lol.
1. More or less an unavoidable problem with tile based games, might replace the fences with depth ordered sprites if I get the chance and it doesn't use up to much performance.
2. I agree with that one, it is rather odd. Bare in mind that the maps in the demo were made by me in the week or so before minecon, so they won't be perfect :3
I'm still sad nobody has found my easter egg on the campaign map yet, spent ages making it D:
Well I'm going to say no :3. 360 degree aiming doesn't work with 8 directional characters, it feels awkward and a pain in the arse. It also removes some of the difficulty element :3
Mouse control sounds nice, but its absolutely horrible with 8 directional sprites, it also removes a lot of the difficulty of the game. Its the initial control scheme we tried, we ended up removing it for those reason :S.
Also probably will remove the heartbeat when I update the menu :3
Pushed a small update, should fix a few issues, should make finding joinable games a lot easier as well lol.
1. Odd, dunno why. It's just off the shelf SMF. Verification answer is "Zombie Grinder", and text should just be a standard captcha. I'll see what I can to change things.
2. Odd, will look into that.
3. Servers can run without players, depending on how they are setup. And yeh, nobody has forwarded ports at the moment. Writing a patch at the moment that should use UPNP to automatically forward them.
4. I have no idea how that happens, will check.
5. That's just how the games graphics are rendered. Game resolution is 320x240, screen is stretched to fit whatever resolution your running under. Use a resolution with same aspect ratio and it should be ok. (Also if your forcing any texture filtering through nvidia/amd control panels that might screw with things, game is designed to be rendered without textures filtering).
That's with the Magnum right? Yeh, I noticed that right after I released it ;_;. Easy fix though, will be sorted in next patch.
Yeh almost nobody has forwarded their ports, so few people can join the games that people are hosting. Going to tweek the master server later to only show servers that are publicly accessible. Might also implement UPNP with next build to auto-forward ports.
Its midnight Saturday/Sunday.
Pttth, what else would I be doing Delko? My life is lense flare, bloom, fap, repeat, nothing else.
As I've said before, menus and such are mainly placeholders at the moment. Other things are somewhat higher on our priority list :3
Best ask Jordan about that lol :3
That would be, because I pretty much just copied it lol. May not stay looking like that though ;)
Logo = Programmer Art, waiting on Jordan for new logo.
UI = I agree somewhat, when I get the chance I want to redesign to the menu/UI to be more controller friendly and more retro'y. However that's taking a back-seat until we get a demo out for 19th.
America's #1 Zombie Themed Hat Simulator :3
Can always paypal over to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want :).
We'll setup a proper website and add a donate option and such soon, concentrating on getting this game ready for 19th novemeber atm :3
Check countdown in the corner, that's how long :3