Was born, is living... will die.
Any reason you can't update?
Sorry, I meant "bat". Should be two:
- "Modern Combat Launcher.bat"
- "Modern Combat Launcher Cheat Mode.bat"
That's Scarlett Johansson in ship form.
Oops... missed that. :O
It may be the updater trying to connect to our server. You should be able to ignore it without any problems.
If that's not possible though, post a screenshot on our forums so we can see exactly what's wrong.
Instructions are on our site, we'll take another look and see if we can improve them.
The Apache was always intended to be an anti-vehicle unit.
When it was first implemented, its chain gun was essentially just a suppressing weapon that did minimal damage. We buffed it in later patches, although we still wanted to avoid making the Apache too powerful against infantry.
That said, it should be doing more damage than you describe, especially against blobs. Maybe you've just been unlucky?
"Ground team, prepare for touchdown. Be advised... things are about to get a little choppy."
Dead drop. Greenzone. Just some other potential puns I couldn't quite formulate. :/
Então você tem atualmente v1.000, e quiser instalar v1.016?
1. Desinstalar o v1.000 atual. Vá para o seu "Company of Heroes" pasta (por exemplo, o meu é em ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch") e remova a pasta "ModernCombat" e 5 "ModernCombat.module" arquivos de módulo.
2. Baixe e execute o instalador 1.016.
You mean the HC modes don't show up at all in the victory conditions box?
They weren't removed, so it must be a glitch on your end. try re-extracting the patch and see if that works. If not, then you may need to re-download it.
Do you (and/or your mate) have the same problem when fighting the AI?
If so, then someone's download was probably interrupted or corrupted somehow. Try redownloading and reinstalling the mod (via torrent if your connection is unreliable).
Make a post on our forums:
1. Go to your CoH root folder.
2. Delete any "ModernCombat" folder, or "ModernCombat" .module files.
3. Try running the MSI again.
I believe that's a problem with the new Steam servers, not Modern Combat specifically. :/
Hopefully it'll be fixed with Relic's upcoming patch.
MC really needs a new trailer though; the one embedded above is over two years old and extremely outdated. -_-
Try changing your shader setting to "high". NOT "Ultra" (Ultra utilises DirectX 10, which is incompatible with some of our custom models).
If that still doesn't work then make a post on our site, that way devs more knowledgable than myself will be able to help you out.
Did you try the torrent?
If version 1.016 worked fine, then your 1.017 patch download was probably interrupted or corrupted somehow.
Re-download and then re-install the patch, that should fix the problem.
Not as entire factions; we knew very early on that we had to be conservative with the scope of the mod otherwise nothing would ever get done.
We may include other nations in smaller ways if we can. Time will tell I guess.
Yep, but we recommend moving to the new Steam version (otherwise you won't be able to play online).
Instructions on updating to v2.700 or using v2.602:
That's a lot of factions. You may have set a new record.
Only one at the moment, as our mission coder has taken an extended leave of absence. :/
You mean replace all the WWII content?
You just use the batch files in the Modern Combat folder:
"Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ModernCombat”
No need for complicated workarounds anymore. :)
If you want to create a desktop icon, read the instructions here:
That's strange, it works for me.
Try it again now and see if you still have problems. If it still won't download, try our torrent instead:
Change your graphics shader setting to "High".
I'll repeat what I said before to someone else:
1. We can't just do the same thing Eastern Front did and substitute in existing Chinese voice files, because Relic didn't record any.
2. Recording new voices of our own would require proper facilities and talent (to approach anything near Relic quality), as well as a metric shitload of manpower. Our only real sound guy (who I doubt had access to either) left long ago anyway.
3. There are no devs on our end who have both the skills and time to code it all (it took previous mod leader Onkelsam 2 weeks just to filter the US speech files). Each line would need to be individually hex coded AFAIK, and if the lines were recorded in Chinese there'd be the language barrier to consider as well.
It's unfortunate, and somewhat frustrating, but we just have to live with it for now. :/
But at least now we're getting Somewhere. :D
Never mind mate, just a terrible joke.