Was born, is living... will die.
Not as entire factions; we knew very early on that we had to be conservative with the scope of the mod otherwise nothing would ever get done.
We may include other nations in smaller ways if we can. Time will tell I guess.
Yep, but we recommend moving to the new Steam version (otherwise you won't be able to play online).
Instructions on updating to v2.700 or using v2.602:
That's a lot of factions. You may have set a new record.
Only one at the moment, as our mission coder has taken an extended leave of absence. :/
You mean replace all the WWII content?
You just use the batch files in the Modern Combat folder:
"Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ModernCombat”
No need for complicated workarounds anymore. :)
If you want to create a desktop icon, read the instructions here:
That's strange, it works for me.
Try it again now and see if you still have problems. If it still won't download, try our torrent instead:
Change your graphics shader setting to "High".
I'll repeat what I said before to someone else:
1. We can't just do the same thing Eastern Front did and substitute in existing Chinese voice files, because Relic didn't record any.
2. Recording new voices of our own would require proper facilities and talent (to approach anything near Relic quality), as well as a metric shitload of manpower. Our only real sound guy (who I doubt had access to either) left long ago anyway.
3. There are no devs on our end who have both the skills and time to code it all (it took previous mod leader Onkelsam 2 weeks just to filter the US speech files). Each line would need to be individually hex coded AFAIK, and if the lines were recorded in Chinese there'd be the language barrier to consider as well.
It's unfortunate, and somewhat frustrating, but we just have to live with it for now. :/
But at least now we're getting Somewhere. :D
Never mind mate, just a terrible joke.
Just one for now I think. Exhaustion is a real medical condition you know. :P
It's a known problem, and will be fixed in the upcoming patch. :)
I missed your comment. Change the installer's CoH directory you mean?
Problem with that though is that they'd have overlapping roles. For the two-squad system to work, they need to be complimentary.
We're all working hard to get this one out ASAP, should only take another day or two hopefully. :)
- Regulars with 1 QBB-95 will always defeat Riflemen with 1 SAW at long range unless the latter is in better cover. To beat Riflemen with 2 SAWs, you need the LMG and at least one QBU-88.
Note that things will change a bit this upcoming patch, but the Riflemen/Regular match-up won't change.
- All units (including US Marines) do more DPS up close and less DPS at long range. The only exceptions to this are snipers.
However this gradient is much more pronounced with units like Militia and Riflemen than it is with Regulars or Marines.
- Small arms less than .50 cal won't actually damage the Stryker itself (or the ZSD-89 for that matter), but they can kill any exposed gunner. So they can essentially neutralise, it even if they can't kill it without AT weapons.
See that's the kind of feedback we're always seeking. Detailed criticism from a proven player. :)
- The US rifle situation we tried to alleviate last patch by giving Regulars an LMG global upgrade (not sure if you've played since). The LMG allows Regulars to consistently defeat upgraded Riflemen at long range. That said, Riflemen are supposed to be more versatile.
- All PLA infantry will be much better able to deter the ICV next patch, as we've fixed small arms penetration and allowed gunner kill criticals to occur even when vehicles are at full health. The ICV will only be able to avoid this by buying the remote-controlled .50 cal.
- The Stryker upgrade system may also be liable to change soon; we have a new system that we're considering.
- Militia may also be getting some increased functionality soon, although that's not a given. If you have any ideas then of course we're open to hearing them (just make sure you use our forums).
Don't forget though that they already have a firepower upgrade, multiple mines/booby traps, molotovs, camouflage... although it's true that most are doctrinal.
When we first released MC people were saying the exact opposite...
1. You should definitely vote for EF this year. I have.
2. You do realise that you're not limited to one vote, right?
3. What doubts?
Voted as fast as my fingers would move. Congrats on the amazing release guys, you deserve every last bit of praise you receive. :)
Third Age is so damn good that I vote for it autonomously. My fingers just move by themselves and it happens. No higher input.
It's doubtful whether Third Age is even a "mod" anymore. In a world full of stagnant COD sequels and annual EA sports games, I think it's fully justified to call Third Age a game in its own right.
Pretty sure I'll continue to vote for you guys until either (a) I die of old age, (b) ModDB is brought down by futuristic Anonymous cyber-ninjas or (c) my fingers become gangrenous and plop off.
Still thinking about you guys.
Anybody who doubts your capability is delusional; a quick browse of all the media you've uploaded proves that you have everything it takes and more. Don't let the naysayers get you down... I know just how attritional and demotivational they can be.
Best of luck, you have my vote for sure. :)
Congrats guys, it's been an awesome year for EF. I can honestly say that I had more fun trying out the Ostheer than I did trying out CoH 2... the wait was well worth it. :)
You've got my vote.
You've got my vote mate, amazing stuff coming out of ZombieMod this year. :)
The patch will hopefully be out very, very soon.
Is your graphics shader setting on "high"? If not then try it.
It's a known problem, and will be fixed with the upcoming patch.
We're trying, bear with us. :)
Normal maps need to be DXT5, otherwise DXT1.